Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Default Equipment Who Is The Best.

I am struggling to find who are the best for growing equipment. So far I have found "Ruck" for the outtake fan they seem awesome as for the rest bulbs, ballist I havent a clue do you know?.

Here's Ruck new fan dunno how new though who care's just read. :P

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/...-Fans-1250.asp
Old 03-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Yo rain, I have 2 vortex turbine-style fans, a 4" and a 6", and I LOVE THEM. They are well balanced, well sealed, quiet, and they seem like they will run forever. I do regret getting the 4" int he first place, however. I should have just gotten the ^' off the bat, as it moves WAY more air, and is actually a lil quieter (120w vs. 180w power draw).

As far as 'best', I dunno . I really like my sunleaves pulsar 2.0 magnetic 400w hps ballasts, and Phillips 400w Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs. Again, both seem to be VERY well made products. Adding fresh mylar is like adding another light

Lol, lasko makes better cheapo box fans than 'galaxy' or whatever-else-brand they sell at walmart.

Don't overspend in the beginning. Spend on the things that will either cause a fire, or otherwise shut a grow down - Quality ballasts/fans/filters.

WASTES OF MONEY, IMHO:
-digi ballasts (unless you are buying like 20 at a clip for a big hit it and quit it grow, lol)
-odor socks (I would have gotten more odor protection if I put one of my own dirty socks over the exhaust)
-Anything with 'advanced nutrients' on the bottle. (C'mon, really? you are trying to sell a b-supplement to me by telling me that some idiot DRANK a bottle by mistake then went and won a weightlifting contest? Right...) Even the stuff that is 1/2 decent can be had for 1/2 the price with other nute co's.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Vortex fans come with a 10 year warranty, one of the best and I love my fans.
If money was no object I'd get Hydrofarm power house ballasts,(8-year warranty). While I like my SS 2 air-cooled hoods, I grow in tents, for larger areas something like the magnum xxl reflectors would throw a wider foot print.
Hortilux bulbs are my favorite.

Gh Flora series is what I use, don't know if it's the best, but it's certainly popular, and has been for years.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Lightbulb

Ruck Fans Are Much Noisier Than Their Systemaire -RVK-LT1 ( Now HT1) Counterparts.
I Like This Place http://www.elementshydroponics.com

Not Too Keen On Greens Horti
Joe
P.S ; Quality ; The New ( And Improved ) Canatronic Range http://www.canatronicsdelta.co.uk
Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Thats The Prima-Klima Ruck

Growell Do A Prima Klima Systemaire ?? ( They Also Call Their Canatronic Stuff A Dodgey Name - Exolux )
Don't Get Conned With These Conveniant Stickers ( The PK Temperature Controlled Fan Costs 114.00 ) But You Can Get A Fan For Half The Price And A Thermostat And Save Money Big Time .

Got Nut Sacked This Morning Via PM , So You May Need A Second Opinion
Right Mango ?
Ciao Bella
JKP ret.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM

i too would have to say i love vortex! they just give you that feeling they will last long after their 10 year warranty has expired.
theres a thread on ic mag where the guy used a light meter on over 10 reflectors. i use 2 radiant 6" AC's which are pretty nice, and well made, but over 30lbs each. i also have a yeildmaster II for my veg room. they all seem to be great for my applications, but i don't know about best
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Thumbs up Here You Go - Attic Growers- The Icebox System

Also Takes Care Of Overhead Flyovers With The Infra Red.
You Can Buy Insulated Jacket And , or , The Chiller Which Will Fit Any 8 Inch Duct.
It's A Juicy Bit Of Kit Being Sold In North America Right Now.
Still To Hot ; Heres A Ballast You Attach To A 1000 Watt Bulb. You Can Then Chose Whatever Wattage You Want 75 Watt- 150-250-400-600- 900, Etc
Similar , But Better Than The Old http://www.vb1000.com

I Love Quality Kit
JKP
Old 04-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Lightbulb VB1000

Heres The Inside Of The Old Vari Ballast
I Could'nt See Any Valves Or Tubes , Lol
Deffo Solid State
JKP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vari-Ballast- VB1000.jpg (100.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 AM

Bell Labs reflectors have been tested to be the most efficient reflectors made. They had a test between Bell Labs and P.L. lights and bell killed them. They're top knotch and the best you can get.

For ballasts I'd shy away from any of the "digital" ballasts as none of them work as advertised. I'd go with a Hydro Darm ballast, they're the best non-digi ballasts. They come with 8 year warranties and are also air coolable. Theres two flanges you take off and a connector you put on, then your rocking a 4" air cooled ballast and they're linkable.

It seems europe is the home of the cutting edge, while america is the home of quality. Lmao thats a first in a while.

Last edited by gertbfrow; 04-16-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Hurricane or Vortex make the best inline fans imo. I've had my vortex for 4+ years and my Hurricane for 6+.Both are quiet and trouble free..GL