Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM

Default My experiances ssh inbreeding

I thought I would post a thread on my experiances crossing my original Super Silver Haze plants,3 females and a thai pheno male that had a powerful sweet pineapple smell. the 3 females listed 1,2,3 in order of my preference.1 being a smelly lemon pledge(furniture polish) smell. #2 was just as potent as #1 but didn't have as good a taste.#3 was slightly weeker than the other 2 and taste not as good as #2. All the offspring I grew out turned out to approx 65% males to 35% femmes. Most seemed really good say maybe but one of them. Then I crossed a few brothers and sisters and a few back crosses to the original male I picked and have these offspring growing in my present grow now.
Also some ssh x afghani and somewhere in the mix I think is a 3 generation panama/ww x sshmale.
I also have started a experiment with the co2 /yeast in the bottle method. It is an inclosed/sealed room 24" x24" x 36" times 2 a 2 tier closet basically. A small fan is circulating the air inside pointing upward hoepfully pushing co2 up to the plants on the top shelfthey will be outside in main growroom for the 11 hours of 1000hps light and 4 hr. with the florals in sealed room with white walls and 48"floral on end and a 34" long growlight floral above them.
pics of closet,ssh f1s,ssh f1 seedlings /co2 and last is my super afghani haze.bfn groundweller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abcpics 043.jpg (668.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg abcpics 013.jpg (476.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg abcpics 046.jpg (732.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg abcpics 022.jpg (771.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 AM
jaybutta

Hey there, groundweller...I have a couple questions...

How much variation did you see from the F1 crosses?
What visible traits bred through from the SSH?
What exactly are you attempting to create?

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your work...jay
Old 10-03-2009, 03:16 AM

Hi jay thanks for stopping by. I am new to this breeding and knot that brite a lite. lol but am intriqued by it all. I would say I started out trying to produce a seed period. Messed around with skunk/haze crossed ssh.
i germed my second batch of original Nice ssh which turned out 50/50 with three females and the male just came across to me as powerfully smelly of a sweet/sour pineapple. i had read that the male will contribute in the cross to not so much type of smell as amount of smell,and this thai ssh pheno seemed to fit that criteria so that got me excited to cross this guy and see if that would be true. Also this male showed a lot of side shoots and limbs good clumps of fast flowers with the thin serrated thai leaves and had a bit of a thin stretch to him and not an overly tough looking plant. i do notice in the cross to the afghani 2 phenos on indica and one haze/thai limbs with indica short stature. i think I notice less vigor in my first crosses of the ssh so i am watching for more vigor in these backcrosses to the male.
i have found that the potency is almost as good as original. I have one flowering now that I have sampled early and I am amazed at how potent she is at 3-4 weeks..unbelievable early resin and no clone. almost sure it is the cross of the panama/ww x ssh/male. I flowered her earlier for smoking needs and I feel i got kind of lucky because she is an early resin and fast flowering and productive plant...and no clone.
these are good genetics for sure. This grow I germmed about 30 at different intervals because of the 65/35% to grow out more #s to find a special one or two because if that early one is a sign of what is in the gene pool. Potency/yield when is all said and done is what I would want.
I like sativa high as need all the motivation I can get...no couch lock please. ttyl groundweller
Old 10-03-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I am new to this breeding and knot that brite a lite. lol but am intriqued by it all.
Thats GOLD groundweller

Wasnt it Einstein whose quote was something along the lines of "I have no special talents, I am however passionately curious" and we all know what he achieved!

I reckon its great to tinker around plus your playing with top notch genetics, though selection will be somewhat limited in numbers (depending on your situation) sounds like you know what you want & most importantly it will be lots of fun getting there and lets not forget, sampling the treats!

Ill be keeping a look out for what your eye has caught & determined to be your keepers.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:05 PM

Hi Rosie thanks for dropping in. i have more time to care for my plants and it can be an obsession/hoppy/lifestyle for sure and oh yes the treats along the way lol. day 2 for my co2 expirement, everything smells of bread. all the best gw
Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Default Day 2 co2

I am on an every two hour intervals changing the air in my closet and give the jug a good shake and close things up for another 2 hours of floresence and extra co2
1-2 ltr.pop bottle(clean)with 1/4" hole drilled in cap
1-litre of luke warm water
2- cups sugar
Disolve sugar thoroughly in water
1-packet of dry yeast
Let stand 24 hrs.in the dark and your ready to go.
Giving the jug a shake will activate and give a gush of co2 into space and I seal backup exchanging air every 2 hours.
I hope this works and I don't kill themin there.We will see GW
Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 AM

I have notice that breeding the hybrid to hybrid 1st x resulted in similar smoke but more airy kind of buds and less vigor than original parents. The filial cross of bro and sis resulted in similar vigor as the 1st cross but with i thought had smaller fan leaves and all around smaller stature which is ok to lessen the famous ssh 12/12 stretch.
I have noticed that crossing two being the ibl-afghani and the Panama/ww resulted in a lot more vigor than crossing these hybrids.
I can see a characteristic carried over from a skunk/haze x to ssh which was an early yellowing that must have been in the genes because these are acting and looking exactly the same.imo gw
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 AM
jaybutta

That all sounds very interesting, groundweller...I think the afghani cross should give you a couple of good phenos to choose from...not sure about the other strains...you would know more about that than I would, but I would definitely pursue the afghani cross...I myself would think about finding a nice female from that batch, then crossing that to your thai male...you could end up with a special pheno of super silver blueberry haze...(SSH x Afghani) x Thai...me likey...jay
Old 10-04-2009, 04:57 PM

hey Jay,I like the name lol me likey too lol Well this afghani came out of nowhere as most every seed purchaced from that Co. was almost worthless except this one girl, so I decided to use her in a few crosses and seems to be working out not to bad.
I have the most interesting plant to me..the fast flowering and resinated/potent and smelly of cantelope/mango/licorish/mint/incense and that is at only5 weeks flowertime with lot's more time to finish completly...and oh yes did I tell you..." no clone " but i do have 2 tiny buds near the base so I should see if I can reveg this one...i almost have to try ..lol catch you later jay GW
Old 10-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Default day 3/co2

I will try to show frequent pics and if anybody notices anything like there dying let me know or call 911 lol groundweller..ps If you notice the date is wrong. I keep fixing the date on my camera but it doesn't want to stay correct for some reason.cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abcpics 051.jpg (649.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg abcpics 052.jpg (680.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by groundweller; 10-04-2009 at 05:26 PM.