Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegenie View Post
If your good with making stuff like that you could save yourself some big bucks Hashman.
All the components for a LED lighting system are available real cheap online, it's just about being able to put one together with the required light spectrum.

icmag has a few led grows on it forums-i'm allowed say that ain't I?
peace gg

i have a friend who probably could knock something together i want to see some more evidence of good results first tho before i go ahead, if i choose to i will keep you guys updated

will defo check out the icmag ..thought the mag went bust?? i may be wrong

thanks HM
Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
RIcaregiver

Default I have tested 2 UFO's from different Chinese manufacturers

I have tested 2 UFO's from different Chinese manufacturers using "Kill-A-Watt" and they only utilize 73 - 75 watts then if you adjust that for the watts usage of fans and circuit boards it is less than 70 watts of light !!!

I emailed the manufacturers and was told this is correct and the 300W models only use 240W before subtracting more fans and a bigger circuit board usage !!

False Advertising or What ??
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIcaregiver View Post
I have tested 2 UFO's from different Chinese manufacturers using "Kill-A-Watt" and they only utilize 73 - 75 watts then if you adjust that for the watts usage of fans and circuit boards it is less than 70 watts of light !!!

I emailed the manufacturers and was told this is correct and the 300W models only use 240W before subtracting more fans and a bigger circuit board usage !!

False Advertising or What ??
Exactly , UFO's Are More Decieving Than The Crappy Fluoro Lights.

Talking About Deceit ; Do Not Believe That Growell Constructs HID Ballasts In The U.K
They Are Only Designed Here (Almost Everything Hydro ( Except Nutrients ) Is Made In China , Thailand , Or Taiwan
One Must Be Very Careful When Making Choices In A Industry That Caters To Law Breakers
JKP
Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King Park View Post
Exactly , UFO's Are More Decieving Than The Crappy Fluoro Lights.

Talking About Deceit ; Do Not Believe That Growell Constructs HID Ballasts In The U.K
They Are Only Designed Here (Almost Everything Hydro ( Except Nutrients ) Is Made In China , Thailand , Or Taiwan
One Must Be Very Careful When Making Choices In A Industry That Caters To Law Breakers
JKP
well said jkp its all about cash not crops to them
Old 04-12-2019, 05:29 PM

Default Grow lights

Hello,
I'm looking to buy best grow lights. I have check reviews on various sites. Which one is better among Viparspectra 600W and Bestva 2000W?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:23 PM

Lightbulb Expert Advisers

Hy,

I am Indoor grower. I used to grow indoor plants with help of LED grow lights. Here Main thing is that if your LED lights are not working properly then you have to face some kind of issue like your plants are growing properly or growth of your plant is stop because of less light or many more issues you can face. So Always get perfect information before planting indoor plants.

Space, Light & air is most important factor for the indoor growing system. It's my personal experience if I can't provide basic need to plant in proper way, defiantly your plants are not growing and it means you meet big loss.

So always prefer to research deeply before starting indoor gardening or growing.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegenie View Post
If your good with making stuff like that you could save yourself some big bucks Hashman.
All the components for a LED lighting system are available real cheap online, it's just about being able to put one together with the required light spectrum.

icmag has more info here a few led grows on it forums-i'm allowed say that ain't I?
peace gg

Maybe another company have more cheapy lights. I dont remeber the name. I will ask it at my friend and save this topic
Old 10-22-2019, 05:24 PM

Lightbulb

Hi guys, I have some pretty LED, its now around 4years old, kinda prototype from one litlle company. It has grow mode of only 2x bridgeluxes vero 29, for flowering +2 vero 29 (with warmer color) + 10x small infra red chips.
Overall output around 220-330 Watts. Its heavy cause of meanwells power suplly and has its active cooling.

Now if Iam to tell how it works for me, in grow, its marginably better then anything, faster, better, vital plants (all plants, not just canna). I would still consider smaller wattage for growing, but its fine extra.

For flowering, now there is something between all those marketing words.
As I said earlier, my LEDS are just 4 pcs (+10small for adding on some summer-autumn wavelenghts). Overall light output is not any fancy blue, violet leds, just plain day light and wamer day light with added -nonseeable- infra „laser game“...
In flowering, I was told its like between 400-600W hps, more to 400W.
Now to tell my truth. Its like new very best 250W HPS, but, BUT It can penetrate more deeply to the plant. It just made buds everywhere, with stable colors, stable finishing times, stable sizes,. you still see difference under most shady places, but overall its really outperfoming HPS in that.

There were few difficulties, skiping to leds, still I am figuring things. But overall, dont be afraid of theese. The plants feed program is not all that same, the speed of growth is better, the colors seems to be like outdoors with good weather. Other things I consider very subjective and plant to plant fitings.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:00 PM

the most powerful commercially available LED I know of is the

Gavita 1700e.

It is 645w at the wall, and puts out 1700 umol.

Consider a 1000w Hortilux HPS Superbulb-145,000 lumens, and is the single ended HID of which all others are judged is 1600 umol.

This is good for a 4 x 4 area.

So the LED is basically 1/3 more efficient. Takes 400w worth of LED to equal a 600w Hortilux HPS.

The best LED I know of, but is not out yet is the Phillips but they wont sell anything less than 40 at a time at $32,000usd and wont be out until Jan 2020.

Its 635w, and 1800 umol

GOOD Quantum Boards are the next best alternative.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:31 PM

The gavita 1700e sounds super impressive.
That's 2.6+umol per watt.
DE hps is floating around 2.1 and ceramic metal halide 1.9+..
How much you pay for one of those bad boys?

Also, how does Cree moa dyi cob system compare, do you know?