Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 PM

I pushed time a head a bit. Today I released the lsted tops and tied down all the other branches that sprung up beyond them. Also, changed MH to HPS and time to 10 light/ 14 hours dark. I'll try this light schedule to help the Haze, I hope the indicas don't mind the loss of hours of light.

Shov
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM

Hi Shovelhandle,

Hope you're doing well

good to hear the NH are in flowering mode , don't worry about the 10/14 and the indicas they may lose a bit of yield is all.But the Nevs will like it and flower and finish faster as well. You could also try 11/13 all the way an alternative, or switch to 11/13 from 10/14 after flowering starts. All will work.For the last weeks you can go even go down to 8/16 but I wouldn't do it if there are still indicas around in the garden.

Good luck with the flowering and keep it up
Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
jaybutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
Hi Shovelhandle,

Hope you're doing well

good to hear the NH are in flowering mode , don't worry about the 10/14 and the indicas they may lose a bit of yield is all.But the Nevs will like it and flower and finish faster as well. You could also try 11/13 all the way an alternative, or switch to 11/13 from 10/14 after flowering starts. All will work.For the last weeks you can go even go down to 8/16 but I wouldn't do it if there are still indicas around in the garden.

Good luck with the flowering and keep it up
NH Flowering wks 1-3 [10/14] ; wks 4-12 [11/13] ; wks 13-16 [8/16]...I assume this is what you mean...

Thanks L33t...that's exactly what I wanted to know...I'd love a weekly breakdown through 14-16 weeks, but I understand if that is asking too much...jay
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 AM

hi jaybutta

yep thats what I meant. There are many ways to play with the lighting regime , you can go gradually on changes. For example you can go from 11/13 to 8/16 gradually in the last weeks but you can also go straight and reduce the hours in one day. Depends on the plant really and how it responds to certain changes. Plus it depends on what you want to achieve with the reduced lighting hrs. You can experiment and see what works best in each case.

I usually like to reduce the hours by going down a few minutes(15-30) each day. So it may take a few days till I 'm down to the desired hrs of light. Other times if I want a more quick response from the plant I may go straight from 11/13 or 12/12 to 10/14 or 8/16. There is no fixed recipe really and each plant reacts differently so you need to find out how your plant reacts.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 PM

Default Week One - Bloom

Three of four G13 x NCDG were males, one female. So, those are gone.
All four Z11 should be females and they are starting to show. Although the Neville's Haze have been growing for four weeks longer, none have shown sex. Here are the seven NH plants.

(Maybe later...uploads failed)
Old 11-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Default This sucks!

I have seven Neville's Haze plants into their 11th week. They just showed sex this morning. Male, male, male, male, male, male male! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! I've had grow wherer the female to male ratio was 7-0 but never skunked like this grow. I still have eight beans in the package but I don't know if or when I'll set myself up for this again soon. Shit, shit SHIT!

Shov
Old 11-07-2009, 02:59 PM

Statistically speaking that is pretty unlikely. 0 from 7 should happen maybe once every 128 grows - and that is presuming that the likelihood of getting a male is 1 in 2. I suspect nature slightly leans towards females, making 0 from 7 even less likely... Good show!

Are you sure? are they itsy bitsy teeny weeny pre buds or blatant fat male 'grape bunches' ?

Seems like awful bad luck.

If you include the G13s that's 1 female from 11 seedlings.... a likelihood of much less than 1 in 2000 (two THOUSAND) grows....

I'm sure your right and, statistically at least, it IS possible but maybe it is worth leaving the NH's for a day or two longer to see if there are any 'ninja' females disguised as males...

Unless, of course, there are other, external, factors at play here, causing male seedlings...
(Before anyone asks, I have an honours degree in Applied Statistics! Sad but true....)

Shame, unlucky man. Better luck next time, though.

GS
Old 11-07-2009, 03:57 PM

Hard lines Shove

Not surprised u swore!

Think calm thoughts
Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover Sativa View Post
Statistically speaking that is pretty unlikely. 0 from 7 should happen maybe once every 128 grows - and that is presuming that the likelihood of getting a male is 1 in 2. I suspect nature slightly leans towards females, making 0 from 7 even less likely... Good show!

Are you sure? are they itsy bitsy teeny weeny pre buds or blatant fat male 'grape bunches' ?

Seems like awful bad luck.

If you include the G13s that's 1 female from 11 seedlings.... a likelihood of much less than 1 in 2000 (two THOUSAND) grows....

I'm sure your right and, statistically at least, it IS possible but maybe it is worth leaving the NH's for a day or two longer to see if there are any 'ninja' females disguised as males...

Unless, of course, there are other, external, factors at play here, causing male seedlings...
(Before anyone asks, I have an honours degree in Applied Statistics! Sad but true....)

Shame, unlucky man. Better luck next time, though.

GS
A stat man having a bit of a meltdown?

Just kidding, but if it can happen it probably will and just because it's statistically unlikely, dosen't mean shit!!!
It's just bad luck on this one I think, hopefully the rest of the beans will be all females.
Peace GG
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM

Default I hope so too.

I did sound my frustration to Shantibaba and he immediately offered to replace the beans. Well, that will probably be all the karma I need to get some nice bud from the rest of my seeds. So, I I'll try the remaining seeds sometime and I expect to have better luck. Meanwhile, I'll continue my grow log of these five females.