Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM

uncle elroy, that's just me but i think the first 2 plants are male, 3 and 4 female. I THINK I SAY! dont count on me to tell you from a pic.

remember, female preflowers are uniform and always alone on the stalk. if you see that 2 or 3 pop out at the same spot, then its a male. if you see that that "little thing" is not uniform ( i mean one piece) and that it has "sections" (i mean that it is like it has 3 pieces) then it is a male again.
if you see the first pic of the third plant you will see that it is "one piece, pear shaped". in the third pic of your first plant you can see that the right preflower is made from 2 or 3 pieces.

but wait until hairs! get a loop like # said!

cheers!
Say I can't hold a bong and smoke my la
If it's war that they want we already are registered
The king, it is he, who defends me
So when it's time for the showdown
We'll march in the soldiers Babylon, get throwed down
When the war is over we run up the whole town
And my spliff will stay lit from sun up to sun down

Afu-Ra ft. Kymani Marley - Equality
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM

Cheers Kasan and l33t I see now when you explain it, i'll keep em numbered anyone else wanna take a bet winner gets a surprise
Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 AM

hi UncleElroy,those are MW's are they not?...i'm guessing they are all males.sorry
Old 06-03-2009, 04:12 AM

Default sex of your plants

hey uncle, plants will usually show after the 5th or 6th node up.From what i see ,it is too early to tell yet,so not to step on any toes or hurt any feelings but i wouldnt take any advice from anyone who is just guessing at this stage of the plants developement . Just be patient my friend, it will pay off, dont make the mistake of listening to any one in case you throw that holy grail female out that someone guessed was a male.patience will pay dividends with this strain .good luck ciao
Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 AM
jaybutta

Way too early to tell, Uncle...I wish a plant would sex in 30 days...that would be really nice...normally it takes 6-8 weeks...waiting is never easy...jay
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 AM

jaybutta,
a plant can show sex within 14-21 days from seed (some pure sats may take longer than that). You just need to use 12/12 from germination and you will be able to sex male and female plants within 3weeks max.Then you can switch to 18/6 or 24/0 and veg em till they are of the size you like before flipping to 12/12 to finish em off.
Of course I wouldn't suggest you go from 12/12 to 18/6 just for a few days then back to 12/12 for flowering , but if you intent to veg for another ~ 3+weeks this method works great and wont stress the plant.

Btw I ve read you can flower just a branch (while in veg) by using a black bag and covering the branch you want to show sex so it gets 12hrs darkness every day. Never did it myself but its said to work fine.

Uncle,
From the pics if I had to take a bet I would say that plant#4 is almost definitelly a female , you could transplant this one and you can wait a couple of days for the others to show sex more clearly.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 AM
jaybutta

Thanks for the info, L33t...never done 12/12 from seed...not a big fan of the reveg...not my type of hype...

6-8 weeks was assuming a 18/6 or 24/0 schedule...I should have specified...14-21 days to sex does sound nice, though...jay
Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 AM

hi uncle, another way you can speed it up if your really impatient is to take a clone and put it into 12/12 as it roots .It still takes about close to 2 weeks and it has caused you to top a plant if you didnt want to (some strains dont like to be topped )
make sure you label and number them so there are no mistakes made in identifying the corresponding parents. aside from the waiting, it looks like they are off to a great start and you are doing a good job at keeping them happy , personally i dont like to re veg as it just fucks with the plant and ive never seen any benefits from friends grows who do it, unnecesary stress if you ask me,keep up the good work, and remember...Good things come to those who wait lol take care ciao

Last edited by giovanni308; 06-04-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:44 PM

Evening all thanks for all the great info, I've been staying away for the past 2 nights.Tonight I gave them another look over with some fresh eyes, so far out of the the 16, 8 are showing some signs of sex and I've labelled em all and picked who I think are girls and boys are. At the moment its a 50/50 split at the moment.

Thanks again for chiming in with your invaluable advice