Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 02:16 PM

thanks for the kind words all. if anyone spots anythng I should be doing differently, please let me know eh
Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 AM

Ur babies look happy jamie looks like ur doin a good job u probly gots the practice bein a papa n all huh haha

i've herd of power plant but am not to familiar wit its genetics is it a sativa dom ? i was thinkin i remember someone sayin something bout puttin the plants closer to the lights so they don't stretch as much

mayb placings sum books under the cups to rize them up will stop them from stretchin more for the time bein

this is jus a suggestion n someone plz correct me if i'm wrong bcus this is jus wat i remember readin i do not kno if this is a fact but yea jus tryin to help

ther lookin great Papa Jamie keep up the good work

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it
Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM

the cheeseberries seedlings are looking a little leggy arent they, hopefully this will be dealt with when the clones get moved out to flower at the weekend (then they can take up a better position under the main light)..

here's a little description I found of PP..

Power Plant (mostly Sativa) was developed by us (Dutch PAssion Seeds) in 1997 from new South African genetics. This strain has been inbred only, never hybridized. Very rich in THC. It is a strain with an enormous grow potential. Indoor as well as in a greenhouse the plants have an enormous yield. Indoors flowering starts as early as one week after turning back the light cycle to 12 hours. Outdoor, flowering starts late, but the plants ripen very fast. This variety is very uniform. Strong "up high", very soft smoke.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:30 PM

Thumbs up

Hiya Jamie, Epsom salts is great in coco for any Mag def', just use 1/4 teaspoon per litre and apply a foliar feed 2 or 3 times a day allowing it to run into the pot, 2 or 3 days of this and you can't believe the difference, and it costs like a quid a tub at the chemist. If you have any seaweed to add to the spray it will ensure any sick plants green-up quickly and catch up to the others.
Looking forward to seeing your PP, it's been a while since i smoked any but i do remember it is a good solid smoke, I think you'll be in for a serious crop if you scrog them because it grows real long spears with no branches as i recall, it's gonna look like a cedar forest in there. good luck with it buddy Pepè

Dont forget, you can bury any stalk when you pot your seedlings on if you think they are a bit leggy P.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM

good stuff jamie can't wait to c em grow big n tall

so thers one thing i don't get on the description of the PP if its only been imbred how is it mostly sativa wouldn't it hav2 b a fullbred sativa? or is a the landrace a natural hybrid?or sumthing kinda contradicts itself like a oximorone huh either way i've seen pics of the PP n i wana cop some sometime looks like a big yielder for a sativa

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it
Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 PM

all clones just got a good fimming... I hope that works....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
herbmister

hi mate how are they shapin up

how many time a day do you find yourself just looking longingly at them
Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 PM

well nothing died .. so I'm considering this to be a good sign...tomorrow they'll be going into the tent to veg under and into the screen... should see some good progress once they're under the 400 HPS

oh, and many times a day :P
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM

well after the first day under sodium, they didn't look too healthy... I had the lamp at 12 inches (400w) did the hand test - seemed fine, but I got some bleaching and leaf curl. lamp is now at 18 inches.

Also had a bit of a rethink about clones, mums and these PPs. I've decided that I'll take clones from the underneath of the screen (as per the scrog guide I'm using - "Good time to start thinning out your undergrowth. I take clones around 20 days 12/12.") if it doesnt work out, I can buy more of these clones, and if it does then I have free ones. The benefit of doing this is that I've plenty of room in my tent for more plants (my scrog set up covers only 50% of the floor space) and so I'll flower the two largest without a screen and thereby get some comparative info on scrog yield...and more bud in my harvest ..

so, that's where we're up to today

Last edited by Jamie; 02-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Le Pew View Post
Epsom salts is great in coco for any Mag def', just use 1/4 teaspoon per litre and apply a foliar feed 2 or 3 times a day allowing it to run into the pot, 2 or 3 days of this and you can't believe the difference, and it costs like a quid a tub at the chemist.

Hi Pepe'

I got me some "bittersalz" (or bitterzout - magnesium sulphate) at the garden center.. I cant find epson salts here but the guy told me this is what I needed.

would you know if the dose is the same, mate? (ie is epsons just pure mag sulphate?)

edit - while trying to find this out for myself I came across the following use for epsom salts - "An old remedy for diarrhea in adult chickens is 1/2 tsp per bird per day added to their feed." NICE!...lol

I found someone saying they use a tablespoon per gallon... sound about right? (thats 5ml (or mg) per liter)

this guy at wiki says "Mg deficiency can be rectified in the short term by applying a foliar feed fortnightly, with epsom salts diluted at a rate of 200g per 10 litres " - thats 20 grams per liter?

Last edited by Jamie; 02-23-2009 at 04:19 PM.