Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 AM

Default question for cloners

Hi Cloners

Today I'll be receiving between 6 and 12 clones. I want to grow them out as quickly as possible but also want a "reasonable" yield.

My room is set up for either a 6, 12 or 24 plant scrog (pot size depenant) with the largest pots being 10 litre, the smallest being 2.5 litre)

What I want to know is, if I put them straight to 12/12 after rooting (or will they arrive rooted?) how much will they grow? example - if they're 3 inches when I put them to 12/12 what height will they reach? (I know thats geneticly hardcoded too, but..lets assume this is a 50/50 sat/ind or a medium size) - will it be worth trying to utilise the screen even if its not 50% full? I've heard a plant will stretch during flower, is this "vegative" growth in terms of nodes or just getting tall (with bigger gaps between nodes)?

Should I veg them instead? if so how long for...

I've got more of these questions... I'll ask more as they occur to me

Last edited by Jamie; 02-11-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
herbmister

hi mate

they should be rooted, id pot them into your 2l pots and veg for a couple of weeks let them ajust to your grow space once settled you can then decide wat style of grow

and then pot them up again before you flower them

wat strain of plant is it mate
Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 PM

thanks for the tip man - I was getting a bit turned on by the fact my mate does these in 6 weeks start to finish (thats WAY too fast imo) but then again he does 50 at a time so even at 10g per plant he covers his 500g..I'll grow em up for a few weeks then and put them to scrog

ta
j
Old 03-05-2009, 04:10 AM

hey jamie

i would use much bigger pots, ur not gunna get much from a 2lt pot mate, try 10lt to 12lt pots and u will b very glad u did, goodluck
Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 AM

hey there Alby

in the end I did indeed go with 12 liter pots...6 pot scroggy goodness (I hope )

I might even go with 18 liter pots next time out...

cheers
j
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the garden 04.03.09.JPG (232.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 AM

Hi Jamie,

Let the plants fill 1/3 or half of the screen before fliping to 12/12. Let them build a strong root mass and you will benefit with increased yelds.

And forget about 2 liters pots for flowering, unless you wanna do a sog. And even soging i've always used 5 litters.

Small rootmass = Poor yelds

Buddhadreams
Old 03-05-2009, 01:25 PM

how high above your tops is the screen? will that leave you enough space below the canopy for proper air movement? i like using an agricultural netting for my scrogs, the openings are bigger and not so rigid.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 PM

noted thanks Buddha, I'm gonna let the screen go to about 50% I think - I definitely want lots of rootage

Hi Infiniti, the screen is 9 inches above the medium and was 2inches above the tops of the plants when I put them in (at 7 inches). right now though 5 out of six are growing through the screen. I've pulled one plant back through as it was getting a bit ahead of the others and will start pulling the others back through tomorrow when they've cleared the screen by around 3 inches... I'll keep training them back until I'm 50% full as above

theres lots of room underneath and when it gets a bit fuller, I'll add another fan just for the underside