Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
barletta

Looking good, SF. Your plants are way bigger than mine. When are you planning on flipping them? I have to make room in veg, so mine may go to 12/12 YOUNG.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 PM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post
Looking good, SF. Your plants are way bigger than mine. When are you planning on flipping them? I have to make room in veg, so mine may go to 12/12 YOUNG.

Hey B!!!

These plants are beginning to kind of "sort themselves out a bit". It's easier to see what I mean when looking at the live plants, not the poor photos I have here.

The question is, "How/what/Why will I choose the ones I do?"

I can't wait very much longer before I need to top them the first time. That's been a mistake I made in the past. Sentimental fool I am, I love seeing nice big plants. That's not really what I want to do now.

I need to keep these shorter from the beginning...so I'm topping them proabably tomorrow because Im also going to transplant them as well. I'm thinking I'll pot up 9 the best plants....whatever best means tomorrow

Nine plants in 3.5L pots fits well in my grow tent. So if I transplant tomorrow(@14 days), I'll give them 2-3 days to adjust and then flip them to 12/12.

They should then be going into 12/12 as much smaller plants than what I've done in the past. I'll do more topping and pruning off of selected flowering nodes the 1st week or so of 12/12....as they won't be showing yet. The plan is to get them pretty well shaped up like I want before showing sex.

Then after showing, further pruning/shaping will depend on how many girls I get from the nine. Fewer girls will mean shaping for a bigger wider bush shape. Maybe supercropping and/or LST. More girls will mean pruning for more compact plants. I kind of wing this part as I go.

And as always, I leave fan leaves to the extent possible. I prune off lower flowering nodes. Those lil buds aren't much count anyway. I want to focus growth a lot more into the upper canopy than I have in the past. My light is only 400Watts....so I'm trying to make a little better use of it.

SativaFan

PS

I didn't say so above...but I was already thinking about transplanting tomorrow. That's why they got a good watering first thing this morning.They'll be well drained by tomorrow midday when I'll probably pot them up.

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-07-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
barletta

So are you doing the selection on unsexed plants? Kind of leaves open the possibility of ending up with very few females. I would suggest that you trim for a single cola, and flip em all. Then you could cut the males, followed by any females that you don't want.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 PM
SativaFan

With 9 plants I'm an odds on favorite to get 4 females. That and I don't like to do that sort of trimming to a single cola. As long as I get 3-4 I'll be OK. I may flower 11-12. I'll think about it.

SativaFan

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Hi SF ,
i plan on topping very soon too, only the bigger plant for the smaller ones to catch up.
Dont know if that make sense ?
Is it ok to top a 2 week old ?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarus View Post
Hi SF ,
i plan on topping very soon too, only the bigger plant for the smaller ones to catch up.
Dont know if that make sense ?
Is it ok to top a 2 week old ?
Yes it is OK to top 2 week old plants. I'll be topping my plants today when I transplant them to larger pots. I just woke up and got out of bed!!!!

Most of mine are about the same size. I will only top those plants I plan on keeping.

SativaFan
Old 02-08-2009, 09:41 PM
SativaFan

Here's 8 of the 12 I decided to transplant on day 14 of veg, the last day of vegging. Also a pic of some stuff used for transplant.

I changed my mind about a couple things. I did have to water in the plants. The "new" soil was drier than I liked and so were the plants. So I water in with a gallon of bubbled water with 1Tbls(15ml) of liquid wromcastings, 1Tbls(15ml) of Maxicrop, and 1tsp(5ml) of 15% Humic Acid.

The pics suck and I am never using that new camera again. I get better pics with old cam with less than 1/2 the pixel resolution. Pisses me off.

SativaFan

Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
SativaFan

Here is a picture of #3. Shows what most looked like. I topped them all and took off the lowest node's two shoots. All but #7 will have 4 branches. I like #7 so I left it with 6 branches. All the plants were right at 4" tall(10cm) when topped.

#7. This plant looks like it might be a real nice one.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
SativaFan

Here they are in the flower tent. I decided to go ahead and flower them now. I want to keep them small if possible. I did keep that lil #9 that almost died. It's front row center.

SativaFan

The grow on first day of 12/12 I'll keep maybe 4 or 5 of the best girls...if I get at least 5

Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
barletta

They have a good daddy, SF