Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
SativaFan

These are the plants in the second tray. Same age, 8 days. You can see some have that funny leaf thing going on. I don't worry about it.

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-03-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:52 AM

lookg very good for 8 days ;what is the plan for veg/flowering/cloning etc=)
Oh i read 2 week of veggin in the first post , sorry about that.
I guess you dont bother with clone seeing how much seed you got )

Last edited by aktarus; 02-03-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 AM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarus View Post
lookg very good for 8 days ;what is the plan for veg/flowering/cloning etc=)
Aktarus!!

Thank you for visiting my grow!

That's a good question.

I will be topping these much sooner than I have in past grows. My plants can only grow to about 54"(~137cm) in height. In the past my plants were nice big bushes....but that's not very practical in my grow tent. So that is why I will try to keep them "bushier" and shorter this grow.

It may take 30 days or so of vegging time to get them topped and pruned like I want. The problem is SSH and my SSH x SSH are VERY aggressive growing plants. They seem to like to get very tall no matter what I do

My plan is to use LST and maybe supercropping to keep them under 12-16" before flipping the light to 12/12. I'm still struggling to get this part of growing right

I don't do much cloning since I'm still growing out seeds I haven't tried yet. If I get a better grow area, I may clone a particularly good plant. I have fun growing seed plants!

SativaFan
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
barletta

Lookin good, your plants are ~the same age as mine, and mine are still trying to form the first set of 3...

Hey, if you want, I can help you turn that baseboard into a 240...

Lookin good, dood
Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 AM
SativaFan

Hey B!!

Yeah, my plants are doing OK. Some are obviously doing better than others. Funny how different they can be sometimes. All mine popped the same day too...over maybe 18 hours...cept that wee one in the group of three in that one pic set.

I forgot to mention this back at the beginning.

As the thread title says, these plants came from SSH2, the daddy being SSH1. For those who don't know, I've always numbered my plants in the order they broke the soil surface. Since I'm anal and try to do everything identically to each plant, the order they pop has meaning to me. In my limited experience, as often as not, the first few plants to sprout, have turned out to be very vigorous plants. Lots of that hybrid vigor still left in this SSH x SSH cross.

And in this grow, I'm growing the seeds of SSH2 x SSH1...having just finished grows of (SSH6 x SSH1) and (SSH5 x SSH1).

SSH2 was 2nd to sprout in that last MrNice SSH f1 grow I did. And the male SSH1 was duh...1st. SOOOOO

These seeds are from the two most vigorous plants I made seeds with. It'll be interesting to see what if any different these plants are from the last two grows.

Another thing to look for...SSH2 developed these odd lime green varigations in her leaves at about mid flower. And her leaves were very skinny. Looked like some of the Thai strain leaves or something. I may be able to pull a pic from ICMAG. The plant seemed healthy and vigorous nonetheless. And she went on to get heavily pollinated. She was also a very large plant for my grow. She needed considerable restraint And smoke was VERY potent...seeds didn't have any effect on potency. I didn't expect it would. ALL the weed in the early days was seedy....or in my area it was. This was in late 60's till ealry 80's as I recall.

So we'll see if any of these develop that "varigation" trait.

I'm only going to grow out 5 plants at most.

Later
to bed I go

SativaFan

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-03-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM
herbmister

great show sat fan

a verigated ssh good job
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Looking good as always Sativa Fan. I harvested say 15 beans from meager attemt at pollination. S/h x ssh which equalled more haze,haze haze.Here's wishing you a great pheno. Peace Showgirl
Old 02-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Hi SF ,
Was wondering ,when do you decide to keep only 5 plant and what criteria do you use to select them ?
I could use some insipration to select my keeper mom or 2
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 AM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarus View Post
Hi SF ,
Was wondering ,when do you decide to keep only 5 plant and what criteria do you use to select them ?
I could use some insipration to select my keeper mom or 2
Hi Aktarus!!

Those are two very good questions. I will do my best to try and answer them in the next 4-5 posts.

You will learn that everyone will have their own way(s) of choosing what plants to keep. Growing small numbers of plants like I am makes selection difficult.

I have 17 plants in two nursery trays(1 plant died right after breaking the surface). Numbered in order that they sprouted. All but the unumbered plant(#17) sprouted Jan 25th. I checked every few hours. That's how I know.

These first two pics are the bigger, faster growing plants. The next post are plants in the other tray, the smaller, later sprouting for the most part. Already you can see some differences in the plants. The posts following these first two shows some of those differences.

SativaFan

These are 9 days old here on February 3rd

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM
SativaFan

back with text in a few mins

Sativa

These are from the 2nd tray. 9 days old here. Most, but not all, are the later sprouting, smaller plants.

This pics sucks sorry. These are the smallest. unumbered is 17 it came up Jan28th I think.

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-05-2009 at 12:42 AM.