I'ma agree w/aktarus, those are oficially stretching
Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 AM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarus View Post
Looking good , they started streching already
Do you use HPS light right now ?
Hi Aktarus!

Thanks for coming by and the compliment.

Yes they are under my 400W HPS light. Distance from heat absorbing glass to plant tops is about 16" I keep it around there for the bext light coverage over the whole square meter. Actually slightly less since the plants don't occupy the whole square meter yet.

Well I suppose in a technical sense they are in the stretch mode, but wait a week or so, maybe longer since I flowered these earlier than I used to flower.

They grow at 2" plus a day. Gotta raise the light every day.

However, that was with past plants flowered later at 30 days to 6 weeks. Maybe these won't grow at that rate(2"+/day).

We'll just have to wait and see.

SativaFan
Old 02-21-2009, 03:47 AM
SativaFan

Well they are growing. I took them all out two at a time for a close look and to water.No sign of sex on any of them yet.

I also trimmed off all the flowering nodes I could get to safely on the lower parts of the plants. I left the fans.

Watered with same as last time.

in a gallon

3Tbls liquid wormcastings
1Tbls Maxicrop
1tsp LK

SativaFan

The red arrows show areas where I trimmed off the tiny flowering shoots.

SSH x SSH Day 13 of 12/12, Day 26 overall.

This one is cleaned up for now. None of that yellow leaftip bullshit here, or most all of them, but not all dammit

Here is better pic #3...the one with the fucked up leaf tips. overexposed but you can see the yellow. one here and there on a couple other plants too. It really pisses me off.... a LOT!!!

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-21-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 PM
shamazar

Hello Sativafan

Do you think transparent containers are good to allow light on the root system ?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamazar View Post
Hello Sativafan

Do you think transparent containers are good to allow light on the root system ?
Hi Shamazar:

First, I'd ask you to take the time and look back over tyhe last couple pages of this thread...especially those pages from the transplant to the clear containers forward to this point...

But to answer your question. No, I don't think having clear containers is a bad idea. I see no sign of algae yet and tomorrow will be two weeks in those containers...which I have used the last 4-5 grows as intermediate pots.

I use them more these days so new growers can see what good root systems look like in development. A kind of "public service" deal I've been pretty upfront with folks about this issue. If a grower feels his plants might be hurt by clear containers, make light proof covers and use them over the clear pots. Then he has the best of both.

If my plants are suffering from light exposure to the roots, it's hard to tell. These plants are growing quite vigorously these days. The little yellowing pictured above has not gotten worse.

Keep in mind that there is also very little, damned little direct light exposure on the roots....if you look closely at how the pots are arranged in the grow, especially now that the plants are much larger than two weeks ago. I expect to be transplanting to standard black nursery pots in the next few days...whenever they show sex.

At the end of the day, it is the plants who determine what works and what doesn't work...what is bad and what is not bad. Would you not agree?

I see people do things to their plants I would never consider doing....BUT these same folks grow good weed....shows what a remarkable plant cannabis is doesn't it?

Thank you for coming here and visiting my grow thread!!!

I have a couple new pics in a few minutes from this post

SativaFan

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-21-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 PM
herbmister

good work SF they look great

wat was the cause of the leaf tip yellowing

ta mate
Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
SativaFan

Hey Herbmister!!

I don't know what theyellowing is. It is only on a couple or three plants.

I know this. They are/were growing/stretching more than I realized. #12 has gained 10 inches of height in just six days LOL!!Here are a couple pictures from a few minutes ago.

#12 in the front center is now 16" as is #7 behind it. Keep in mind I left an extra node on #7. #12 there in front was left just the 2 nodes and is now same height as #7...But if you read back through my thread you will see that #12 has ALWAYS been a top performing plant relative to the others

SativaFan

SSH x SSH Day 14 of 12/12, Day 27 overall.

Here is #12(left pic) just 6 days ago. Hehehe.. maybe 6" in this picture

SSH x SSH Day 14 of 12/12, Day 27 overall.

Last edited by SativaFan; 02-22-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 AM
barletta

Nice, holmes Up, up, and away Are they starting to grow their 'parts'?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 AM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post
Nice, holmes Up, up, and away Are they starting to grow their 'parts'?
I wish, but not yet. I think it's because I flipped them so early. In the past I vegged 30+ days and they wouyld show sex by now ~2 weeks or so. I think these may go a few days longer than I thought. I have to say they are growing like weeds The growth rate snuck up on me. You were right a few posts ago. You see how #12 has grown? That thing is REALLY growing fast right now.

I love this shit, don't you B ?

SativaFan
Old 02-22-2009, 01:33 PM

Hi SF nice plant as usual

The second week of strech is no joke :10 inch in 6 days
man , iam entering the first one , its still cool

Last edited by aktarus; 02-22-2009 at 01:36 PM.