MNS Forums

MNS Forums (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/)
-   14. Indoor (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/)
-   -   waiting for the grow to begin (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/1671-waiting-grow-begin.html)

Jamie 01-16-2009 04:50 PM

waiting for the grow to begin

6 Attachment(s)
I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my "tent" so I can get cracking, but as it's not going to arrive til monday, I got bored...and decided I could maybe make some kind of DIY clone/seedling/propagation/veg box..

things I used -

one old set of IKEA drawers that look real sturdy from outside but the drawer bottoms themselves are 2 mill ply and as such are about as much use as a spliff with no lighter..
a few bits from my local light supply shop cost 2.50 euros - I still need to get the 27 watt CFL - 7 euro (eventually x2 so box cost total will be 19 euros plus whatever cheap fan I can find)
2 brass hooks
lots of nails :)

step 1 nailed the drawer bottoms together to create a "front"
step 2 nailed the drawer fronts to the peice above to create "facade"
step 3 nailed more old bits to the bottom to close off and left gap for cables
step 4 screwed brass hooks into top and side
step 5 assembled light and hung
step 6 made a shelf from what was left that can be slotted into any of the old drawer rungs
step 7 attached magetic door clips
step 8 attach foam or big bag plastic all the way around the "front" so as stop light leaks and to make a leak proof flap for the cable gap (I havent done this bit yet - I decided I needed a spliff :) )

ok so it's no great shakes but you must consider that I'm next to useless with a hammer and that, so I'm quietly pleased - it's ok if you want to have a little chuckle though :)

herbmister 01-16-2009 07:28 PM

nice job J

all you need now is a bit of mylar and you can get your seeds in some mud

GAME ON

Mr green 01-16-2009 11:53 PM

good show m8 *BOW* i cant wait my self:p not long now my cuttings have taken- the house is in a shit state but they need to get in to flower ASAP. I love growing if i cant grow you may as well cut my legs off. keep us up to date with the grow ;)

SativaFan 01-17-2009 12:28 AM

I'll be interested to see how you like your tent.

I have a HydroHut "mini" which is 39" square by 78" high w/400W light.

SativaFan

barletta 01-17-2009 02:49 AM

That's tight, Jamie :)

Deffo wanna see where this goes!!!
:D

shogirl 01-18-2009 10:33 AM

So ,I see your good with your hands Jamie.lol just jiveing :)Shogirl

Jamie 01-18-2009 12:50 PM

lol, mate my Dad always said "I dunno boy, yer cursed with the english hands"

I'm so impractical when it comes to just about anything DIY - maybe I just needed to find my calling :D

I just finished water proofing and light sealing the bottom and rear, I made an electric cables collar from some old pizza boxes, a bin bag and some tape - (LMAO @ myself - I had the theme to the A-Team in my head the whole time..hehehe)

Jamie 01-18-2009 12:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
the big bag is "concertina"d inside...and I only used the clean pizza box peices :)

shogirl 01-18-2009 01:37 PM

Jamie , I had to double or triple up on the d tape so bright lite wouldn't leak through when I didn't have black duct tape.The box looks good and water sealed .Sg:)

herbmister 01-18-2009 02:43 PM

looks good mate :)
top bit of diy that