Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 02:42 PM

Default What is your Recipe ?

Hi all,

Trying to help a friend that have cancer that don't have access to the internet and that is legally growing his own meds in canada ! Recently, he bought some MR nice seeds pack from my guidance and he would like to fine tune his recipe. I think his EC might be high and i fear he's going into overfeeding because the leaves seems a bit dark green to me but i'll post pictures of the finished bud in real soon.

Here is the recipe tell me what you think. He use CYCO for bloom A/B and jack something for VEG a-B kind of blue powder and he is growing in soil medium and he normally does 4 week of Vegs when his clones have rooted nicely.

VEG : Week 1 to 4 : 750 to 850 PPM VEG A-B with jack something product kind of blue powder but he will specify it to me soon.

Bloom : Cyco Bloom A-B, Big Bud and Overdrive and jurassic carbo boost and it gave lots of thrichrome on it no idea what is that.

for a 9 - 10 week flowering strains

week 1-2 - 950-1050 PPM
week 3 to 7/8 1250-1350
Week 9-10 2 full weeks of flush with water pure water

only concern i have is ec seems high and he starts with high ec instead of going progressives and also slowly diminishing i think is better but i' no expert. what do you guys think, do you think he should change some concentration in his recipe or should he use more products ?
right now he has a cheese quake that is purple inside and smells grape like crazy even 1 day after harvest, no curing and it smells like i have never seen before but it has exodus cheese in it might be because of that and some kush

thanks alot for your input, i told my friend mr nice is a great community of like-minded people that help eachother. People can also share their own recipe so we can discuss what is different and why they do it that way ! i'm very open minded !

Last edited by imsupernice; 01-22-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:04 PM

I knew there was some difference between sativa's and indica's ec/ppm level, and some differences between strains. I found this on another website, the ph is for hydroponic tho.

My friend use soil and he has built a small table and the water flow until theres no more and he do another recipe everyweek, looks like a recipe for hydroponic so I'd like if people can help me tune it for soil if it's any good but it sound like a very nice recipe to me. more logic than the one my friend use.

Indica's
Seedlings and clones 300-400ppm 5.3-5.5 ph
early vegg 500-600ppm 5.3-5.6 ph
middle vegg 600-800ppm 5.4-5.6 ph
late vegg 800-1000ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
early flower 1000-1300ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
middle flower 1400-1600ppm 5.5-5.8 ph
late flower 1000-1100ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
ripening 300-500ppm 5.4-5.6 ph

sativa's
seedlings and clones 250-350ppm 5.3-5.5 ph
early vegg 300-500ppm 5.3-5.6 ph
middle vegg 500-700ppm 5.4-5.6 ph
late vegg 700-900ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
early flower 1000-1100ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
middle flower 1100-1300ppm 5.5-5.8 ph
late flower 800-1000ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
ripening 300-500ppm 5.4-5.6 ph
Old 01-24-2019, 08:11 PM

Whats up imsupernice,

Without knowing all the other variables at play I would say your friend is probably in the ok range for PPM as is.
At first blush it might seem high but if he is only feeding with this formula once per week the plant has plenty of time to eat up between doses. Especially if he has created an ideal environment and the plants are thriving.
I'm sure some pictures would clear this right up... Overfed plants always show symptoms!

I admire your devotion to your friend and hope that you can find a satisfactory answer. Best of luck!

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Last edited by blowingupjake; 01-24-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
Whats up imsupernice,

Without knowing all the other variables at play I would say your friend is probably in the ok range for PPM as is.
At first blush it might seem high but if he is only feeding with this formula once per week the plant has plenty of time to eat up between doses. Especially if he has created an ideal environment and the plants are thriving.
I'm sure some pictures would clear this right up... Overfed plants always show symptoms!

I admire your devotion to your friend and hope that you can find a satisfactory answer. Best of luck!

Hello, my friend told me infact that he was watering 3 times per week with those ppms like in the first post.

i guess that you were implying that those ppm should be set at start at those levels and the other feedings for the rest of the week only with water, so the question might be is he overfeeding right now ?

he should send me pictures tomorow
Old 01-25-2019, 02:40 PM

I want to say that even if your recipe is all organic, would be much appreciate if you can share it here, i can maybe try to get my friend to grow organic who knows ?

can be an interesting switch, share your knowledge! i believe this is not a very popular subject since theres not many answers LOL!

i know theres bigger communities but my favorite is mr.nice cuz i'm nice myself i love shantibaba and the attitude of this site.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:00 PM

i have found another recipe at icmag, looks nice, what do you guys think about this one ?

i know theres no answers so far trying to get people interested and comments

hello folks

a great way to massive stinky yields and preventing powdery mildew and bug infestation and or root rot is keep your root zone salt build up free

this is my tried and true ppm/ec chart that will work best with my genes or anything else you are growing

clones / seeds -
week 1 - 140ppm / 0.2 ec
week 2 - 210ppm / 0.3 ec

At this point go feed feed flush. Feed feed flush etc

veg
week 1 - 350ppm / 0.5 ec
week 2 - 420ppm / 0.7 ec
week 3 - 550-650 ppm / 0.8-0.9ec

bloom - transition
week 1 - 700ppm / 1.0 ec
week 2 - 800ppm / 1.1 ec

full bloom
weeks 3 - 5 (or more) - 800-900ppm / 1.2-1.3 ec

ripening (shock flushing)
15 days before flushing - 400-500ppm / 0.6-0.7 ec

flushing
15 days before harvest - 0-200ppm / 0.0-0.3 ec

shock ripening
at least 72 hours of pitch black and ice water. dehus on constant

less is more guys. pounding plants with ppms will stunt growth, stunt yield, lower quality, resin production, and send signals out to pests like pythium, powdery mildew and bud rot plus all the bugs you can name to come and finish them off. its how nature works. thos parasites are just waiting for the plants to call them in. and toxic salt build up is the #1 cause of all grow room related issues

Do you think this recipe look nice ? better than my friend ?
Old 01-27-2019, 05:39 AM

Thumbs up

Hi mns family,

i only started tinkering with hydro it easier to really dial plants in without me having to do more experimentation in short term with soil.

have saved the info shared above cheers and will have a tinker at some time in near future.

here is what i have been using in meantime and has been working well for me...

PH 5.4 - 5.8 (aim for 5.5)

0-50 ppm (pretty much just water) - seeds in soil until approx 10-14 days
300-400 ppm - vegetation for 10 days from seed until approx 21 days AND fresh cut clones for 7-10 days
500-600 ppm - clones after 7-10 days from when first cut
800-900 ppm - vegetation
1000-1100 ppm - flower

i have learnt a lot from other members grows here at mns over the years much good knowledge and experience shared on the forum.... one was a girl that had 420 in her forum name was smashing out massive plants in really small areas.

keep it green!
“Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t. And believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Old 01-27-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlantin View Post
Hi mns family,

i only started tinkering with hydro it easier to really dial plants in without me having to do more experimentation in short term with soil.

have saved the info shared above cheers and will have a tinker at some time in near future.

here is what i have been using in meantime and has been working well for me...

PH 5.4 - 5.8 (aim for 5.5)

0-50 ppm (pretty much just water) - seeds in soil until approx 10-14 days
300-400 ppm - vegetation for 10 days from seed until approx 21 days AND fresh cut clones for 7-10 days
500-600 ppm - clones after 7-10 days from when first cut
800-900 ppm - vegetation
1000-1100 ppm - flower

i have learnt a lot from other members grows here at mns over the years much good knowledge and experience shared on the forum.... one was a girl that had 420 in her forum name was smashing out massive plants in really small areas.

keep it green!
Thank you for sharing my friend, incase you feed them 3 times in the week, do you feed - feed - flush ? or feed flush flush ?

or do you feed everytime with the same ppm ?

thank you again for your input very much appreciated, kind of thread not very popular on this site obviously because people grow organics lots but he does not know anything else so
Old 01-28-2019, 10:31 AM

i use those ppms with hydro so no feed n flush, just water and nutrients.

the info you shared is for soil right? because this is something i would like to learn bit more about... what ppm is best used in soil with no feed n flush... just a nice dialed in ppm for constant use with soil.

i also wonder if the ppm and observable growth rates of plants can be another tool in the kitty to know if a plants genetics are more sativa or indica..

for example..
you mentioned
Quote:
sativa - late vegg 700-900ppm
indica - late vegg 800-1000ppm
if we have 2 clones off same mother from afghan haze hybrid and we want to know if it is a sativa or indica dominant maybe at late veg we could put one clone in 700ppm and the other in 1000ppm and see which one thrives better.

in this example..
if the clones are sativa dominant - one at 700ppm will thrive and the other clone at 1000ppm may not thrive and show signs of over feeding.

and if the clones are indica dominant - one at 700ppm will be smaller than the other clone at 1000ppm will thrive.

please do not quote me on these exact ppms for "late veg" but i have use what you provided to make the point that maybe can be used to find indica or sativa leaning hybrids.

for the ppms im using that i mentioned in my earlier post...my walkabouts are thriving but the nordles are small and likely underfed. there is some real beautiful plants in the walkabout

i do not know but just a thought i had and will experiment... maybe one of our brother or sisters here has some experience with this?
“Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t. And believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Last edited by BenPlantin; 01-28-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:03 AM

I sent you "my" recipe and some info on organic growing in your PM.

But something that was mentioned here and that I would like to re-iterate is that in organic growing, the whole "dialing in" thing seems a lot more difficult to me than in other systems, particularly hydro.

Basically in hydro and similar setups, if you change something like your PH, your PPM or a fertilizer, the cause and effect is usually close to immediate and you will usually be able to directly see what change you did caused what effect.

In organics I find this much harder to notice as there is always a (sometimes considerable) delay between cause and effect and it is often not as easy to attribute a given effect to something you changed/did. Particularly because so many things work hand in hand in organics. You could do something that benefits the plant but kills off microbes in the soil so it first looks good but after a few weeks results in an overall negative... knowmsayin?

So if your friend is interested in "dialing things in" and maximizing crop potential and the like, then organics might be a harder route than necessary.

The main draw of organics is the "cleanness" of the end product and the rich smells and flavors.

But if you talk to blowingupjake, he will swear that a well dialed-in and run hydro system will lead to similar results. In his experience, the main advantage of organics was that you could smoke buds basically straight after hang drying and have a smooth, nice smoke while in hydro you needed the cure. But according to him, after a few months cure, he couldn't distinguish between hydro and organic bud anymore (or barely).

I think in the end it's a matter of personal preference.

I would say go organic if you are fine with lots of work and investment upfront and prefer the ease of workload down the road, as well as get the most out of the plants in terms of quality and go with hydro or other methods if you are more concerned with maximizing yields, ease of control and production overall and would prefer a smaller but continuous workload throughout the grow.