Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 06:04 PM

Default Anyone using ultrasonic mister/foggers for humidifier?

I have to use humidifier during dry seasons but so far replacing the wick filter is what ends up costing more than humidifier.
Unfortunately thereís no way to keep the filter/wick clean or from hardening up or losing its ability to stay firm enough to work so Iím looking into other types of humidifiers.Filter can be cleaned once maybe but once theyíve dried out or gotten hard itís downhill performance.
There are ultrasonic foggers,misters that are about the size of a hockey puck and produce a mist so fine it looks like smoke in air.

Is anyone using these types of humidifiers?

I think Iím going to try one thereís some DIY videos and a guy built one that drops into a 25-50 gallon tub w/cover,pumps out smoke like fog,and uses small amounts of energy.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:25 PM

Hi Indi,

yes I'm currently testing those but have mentioned some contras already.

1. If you run those in a closed system and water drops on the membrane, it stops working. (Mine / It needs to swim on the water)

2. Mine does just run for about 3 hours or so and goes off. It then works again by pulling the plug and putting it in again.

3. I heard already, these don't have a too long time before the membrane stops working and you need to replace it, but thats just what I heard.

But overall, if you find a good version ( there are some really good ones, but expansive) you could literally run a whole system just by fog.

A very cheap alternative for getting more water into your room is just by placing some bigger cups of water in it. Water will evaporate and you have more humidity. You should then just slow down the air exchange. Voila.

Hope I could help,

Be well.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:32 AM

Iíve been seeing the ones or types that stay around an inch under surface of water and this is done by a round doughnut type float so it keeps disk at a fixed depth.

So far information or reviews by users is limited and one company only offers a 90 day warranty and a whole set of extra disks,which doesnít look promising for such a simple device.

Illysian was you referring to the type that is kept around an inch below surface of water held up by a float device?

They can be bought directly from manufacturers by using Alibaba or dhgate type sites so I might try getting a dozen,given price is right,and try experimenting.
If they do actually work with even 6 months of use if the price is right it could be better than buying filters.

Thanks for chiming in,appreciate the feedback and input.