Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 01:14 AM

Default my 2ct

the least you can get away with in veg is 12-1
aka The Gaslantern Routine
12 on 5,5 off 1 on 5,5 off
keeps em from flowering, allows showing of sex(mostly).
Cheapest way afaik
for your seed starting i was wondering - you said 1000W? you really wanna blast seedlings with a 1000W light? How far is that away?
Old 02-20-2018, 02:09 AM

I mucked around with it, I couldn't keep mothers or didn't find any I could keep in glr. My experience only, 3months I found, then flowering started..
Old 02-20-2018, 04:23 AM

Cannabis is a short-day plant, and interrupting the middle of the night cycle with as little as 15 minutes of lights-on will keep the plants in veg.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:38 AM

if only that were true, save some $$... but it's not true for all strains.. I'm sure some strains could handle a longer time in glr.. glr is good for end of veg before flip. I don't know the science stuff but it brings the plant into flower quicker, with less stress and stretch or stretch and stress..

Last edited by Growstone; 02-20-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:38 PM

It is true for plants that are photoperiod triggered into flowering. Plants that have autoflowering genes dominating maybe not. I currently have one plant that seems to autoflower when rootbound, she has already been scheduled for the dustbin of history due to some intersex traits.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:06 PM

None of the answers address the issue of how many hours of light to use for veg INSIDE, so when they are put outside, and the light period is 13.5 hours they wont flower.
If theyre outsde, and yu don't have easy access, how in the word are you going to interrupt the light/dark period.

I always use 1000w for seedlings. Been doing it since 1977-78 when they first came out wit HID for growing. Been doing it a really, really long time. The first light available from HT was a buld ( halide ) they used in Navy Subs for growing, but was really fragile, and they wouldn't warranty shipping, and they would often break in shipping Wasn't long after that, a more durable Halide bulb came out called the Super Nova. They also had the Octo Garden/Hydro unit of which I bought.

I start with the light 28 inches from the seedlings. Plenty of fresh air, a fan blowing always, and a lot o Promix BX for them to grow into.
I start them in 32oz cups.

Why not use 1000w? If you lived at the Equator, seedlings would get blasted in the same way and with powerful UVA/UVB. I use all the light and airflow possible.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM

Even incandescent bulbs outdoors Will solve the problem. A half hour period in the middle of the dark period will keep them in vegetative state. Relying on anything else is getting close to wanting a magic bullet in my OPINION. It's not hard to do this. A string of old school Xmas lights has worked for me and others in the past.

Re: 1000 watt seedlings. Totally doable, but using a 50 (or anything) watt unit would work too.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Ive already written. NO ACCESS.

No way growth is going to equal 1000w vs 50 for fast growth. A lot of stuff works. If I was going to get technical, then I would start them with the Hortilux T5 with UVA/UVB.

I will have at least a 4 x 8 area to light, Maybe 10 x 10, so Ill need at least 3 HID 1000w, and I want them growing as fast as possible. Low light don't cut it for me. YMMV. Within 3 weeks Ive got the lights 20 inches from the top. They get blasted, and grow as fast as genetically possible, and use tons of water. I want everything on high metabolism. Come up from the start living with blasting HID, and UVA/UVB.

I feed my seedlings right from the start with a 5% dose per 5 gallons water, every watering.

I use 2 x 48 inch Solacure Flower Power UVA/UVB for every 4 x 4. Most powerful on the market for plants, and is specifically made for plants vs Reptiles. They also have the Best Glass Made for uninterrupted emission, and also have a Built In Reflector, and any regular 48 inch ballast will work is also really nice.

Its several Magnitudes stronger than the Best Reptile bulbs. IE Arcadia Desert Reptile Dragon Bulb 54w. Dragon Bulb is 14%, and the SolaCure is 30%+, but SC is made for plants vs Reptiles.

The 32w Solacure Flower Power bulb, is also Overbuilt, and can run up to 80+w, but at 32w its several times more powerful vs the 54w Arcadia Dragon bulb.

Theyre 70 miles out in the middle of the woods dude. Outlaw state.

Ever heard of Daniel Boone National Forest ????? 2,100,000 acres. Aint no lektrik where I'm goin. Middle of nowhere. Across Mountains, deep gorges, rivers, creeks, cliffs, ruts, rattlesnakes, copperheads, Wild Boar, Coyotes, Coydogs, Bobcats, and all kinds of shit.
I also run 50 miles a week, and have lifted weights for 43 years, so I am also physically fit for the job. Ive run 5 marathons in my day ( still run 50 miles a week on average. Ill be 60. Jack Lalanne is my idol. ) with a best of 2 hours 37 minutes in 1983. I can still outrun most half my age. And was 1985 Ky AAU powerlifting champ at 148lbs.

But theres NO LEKTRIK where I'm going, and unless youre ready to pack a breakfast, and lunch, and keep up, you wont make it in other than by air, and if you do, it will take you forever. You aint takin no all terrain veehickel either. Wont make it.

What happens if youre going to have multiple ( 10 ) places, with say 100 plants in each area in rugged territory. How ya gonna interrupt the light now?

Last edited by 59lespaul; 02-20-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 PM

LOL. On a phone, but seedlings can only take in so much light.

Ever heard of D.C. electricity? You can run lights with batteries. No access? HTF are you planting Chill out and realize people are trying to help you. Seems like you have already decided the "right answer" but you aren't hearing it.

Last edited by PlantManBee; 02-20-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Youre saying run lights, in an outlaw state, in the middle of Dan Boone National Forest, in Multiple Locations ??? Sounds like a bust to me.

And I haven't decided. I just cant get a simple answer.

I said no access How can it be more plain, and you say use batteries, and lights bright enough to keep 100 clones in multiple locations from flowering???

. Youre gonna carry multiple 30 lbs batteries to each location, ?? First off I have to go up/over a 2000 foot mountain which is a 4 miles hike., then go down in a valley for another 2 miles across 2 creeks.

I could even match them for what the outside is from the now/beginning, at 13 hours or so of light, and increase a little everyday. But that's to slow.

Just need to know if it can be done. And I knows it strain dependent. Some wont flower even if you put them out when on 24 hours, but many/most will. Just looking for educated guesses, or experience. 15 - 16 hours may be the lowest. I don't know.
I simply want to know whats the least amount of hours to keep plants from flowering.

Last edited by 59lespaul; 02-20-2018 at 07:29 PM.