Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 PM

Cool Super Silver Haze Widow @Byorn Grows

Hello MNS family!

Here we go with a cross of (SuperSilverHaze x BlackWidow) i recently won on the auction, im very excited doing this grow as the makeup are both in my top 10 and something ive always wanted to grow!

I popped 4 seeds. Hoping for 1 or 2 females. The Plants have there own 30Liter DWC container with GH flora nova feeding. They go straight 12/12 as this normally gives me big enough plants with dwc. There is a 250W Cree Cobs lighting figure above them that +/- equals a 400W HPS. The grow space is around 80cm X 110cm Along the way i deside if i will top em, scrog etc
What i wonder about is this cross also called Grailwidow?

Heres some pictures! @Day 7

Group pic

P1 P2 P3 P4

I also have some Nordle en Angelheart going if you guys like i can share some pics of them to. Anything else you wanna know just ask

Good day All

Last edited by Byorn; 08-03-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Default SSH-Widow

Greetz Byron,

The strain that you started to grow it is different from the GrailWidow, which is top shelf Nevilles Haze pollinated by Shantbaba's widow male.

In this cross I would likely to assume that its selected SSH pollinated with Shantbaba's widow male, which would would lead to an F1 cross,and considering the characteristics of widow male this cross would be "resin honey"

Just advice, in 12/12 growing strategy from the start you might try to pop up few seeds more (3) considering your space, although this is my opinion.

Good luck,

Tao
Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 PM

Hello, Byorn! I'm glad to see you do thi sgrow and I'm excited on your behalf! It also sounds as if a very good Super Silver Haze was selected for the mother of this cross. Sounds like really good smoke. I've even thought of running a couple SSW plants for bubble hash right from harvest, otherwise I'm not sure I could hold out for the 6-week cure Shanti recommends! I also recently won some MNS Super Silver Widow and have heard nothing but good things about it, but a new grow log will be very welcome! Good luck!
Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 PM

I'm so excited for this log. So so excited. (I too have won a pack of SSW.)

Last edited by bb247; 08-03-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:25 PM

Talking Exited!!

Greetings Tao!
Thanks for stopping by and clearing the GrailWidow thing up for me. Sounds like something special as well, it Would be really nice if i could get my hands on those to some day. till now i havent seen them up for auction. Do you you if there are still members carrying those seeds? mayby some F2?

About those plant numbers i just have to see wat will come of this, last time i used this light it was in a 80cm x 80cm tent with two nordles in there and they filled the tent out nicely.. With the haze genetics i thought they would get even bigger so 2 girls should do it. But also have to admit the chances getting females are smaller this way. Time will tell

Greetings Marcus_in_the_Darkus!
On paper it already sounds awesome! oh man the recommend cure time of 6weeks will test my patience as well. Luckily i have some other strains in the jars to survive and a nice ice hash is very welcome too so i will make some of the trim sugar leaves aswell Any plans on doing a grow yourself? Love to see more people play with this genetics!

Greetings bb247!
Welcome too! Cool to read everybody is exited about the grow as i am! How about you, any plans doing a grow with these beans?

The plants are doing well! With the roots hitting the reservoir they start to spurt. I really like the growing part and see them mature by time. The differences in phenos already start showing them selfs. Some nice indica like shape leaf sets and some have really nice sativa influenced leafs. Offcourse i allready have a favorite! Just hoping its a female.

stay tuned! will be back with more pics!

Good day all!!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Default , title is settled.

Greetz,

I would suggest that you ask Simone for GrailWidow, as I understand each breeder has his own Grail either Shantbaba's in this case nor Nevilles ( come back home).
Either way chances ask mns for GrailWidow better chances to hold on unique cuts than in F2.

Friend of mine was toking to Nordle to much and he got quite stoned I saw him pale although he said that he is in a good state beeing,so I asked him to smoke another dobie with me (test), which it was Z6 pheno as I knew that it's high on CBD ( he knows that I like CBD considering my health state), however meanwhile we were toking on he asked me "why am I giving him medical ganja"... I chuckled and replayed" you are to stoned and not good to hang out, get stoned at home and sleep after "

I was quite amused to get him sober.

Be well,

Tao
Old 08-04-2017, 05:01 PM

@Byorn Yeah most definitely... just not sure when. It'll be a little while as I haven't yet paid for the beans..
Old 08-04-2017, 07:13 PM

Hey Byorn,

The SS Widow is one of the top 4 MNS strains in my grow que, along with Afghan Haze, Mango Haze Inbred, Nl5Hz and Angel's Breathe. I'll probably run it next spring. Depending on how yours comes out.

Good luck finding the two females you seek. I'll be right here along with you.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:54 AM

Managed to pick some of these up myself..
I can't wait to see the results of this thread!

Peace, Podg
Old 08-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Greetings tao!
That sounds like a good idea, i will shoot her a message about the GrailWidow and see what can be arranged.

Haha! your buddy wont take any of your home grown again must be strange to just sober up smoking more herb you had a good laugh i guess

Greetings bb247!
You will get them eventually i still be here if you start your grow log!

Greetings Marcus_in_the_Darkus!
That is a nice line up, till now i havent had the AngelsBreath or the mango haze.. Since i found out about MNS auctions i registered here and start bidding right away. Now i have over 25 different MNS strains in the fridge and still so much i would like to try. So much though im also pushing beans on my friends in the hope they will start a grow with something i actual like to try myself but havent the space for right now. My buddy is growing 3 LaNinas right now

Well i hope mine will do fine as you get encouraged to put yours in the ground!

Greetings Podg!
Welcome too! Cool to read that you also have managed to get your hands on the genetics! Now its time to get those grow logs started

Good day all!