Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 03:58 PM

Greetings PlanManBee!

Thanks for the extra information! I have to take look at what lysol actually is never heard of it before.
(i see now it`s a strong household cleaner)

Good to read your setup is running fine! lets keep it that way

Greetings PatientZero!

Thanks man!!
the COB`s are CXB-3070 BD bin with dimmable meanwell drivers

Greetzz
Old 08-13-2017, 08:10 PM

Hey MNS familia!

Back again @Day 20 Grow cycle

Roots are back on track!! no more signs of rot they are nice white again and new growth in all containers i have raised the ec with .2 they seem to like it.

The plants are still not thriving like professorjj said but they are going better by the day, at least it looks that way to me. You guys opinion is welcome too!

One of them is ahead of the rest and i have a feeling this one will turn out to be a male. Personally i like seeing the one in the upper right corner and hope this will be a female.

For now grow ahead little ones!! Show me what you are in a couple weeks! After that i decide if i will put in a scrog net. With the nordle i didn`t but today i had to tie up a lot of wires and cords as the tops are getting to heavy with one nordle and some branches bend them selves almost to the point of breaking. I do love her! she`s a nice quick pheno she will be done in 52 days flower i think.

here are some pictures peepzz!

That will be it for today! let me know what you guys think of it!!

Good Day!!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Hello MNS Family!

Back again @ Day28 Grow cycle.

The sexes have shown themselves and 2 of them are female I have no space or time for males atm so they had to go. Must say that one of the males had a very unique smell to it, nothing i smelled before ad didn`t like to let him go.But im Very happy with the two girls i`m left with, got lucky with that one i liked so much. Tonight i topped them so they can fill out more horizontally. And tomorrow i`ll fix a scrog screen above them.

Heres some pictures:

that will be it for today.. Greetings and till next time!!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:48 PM

Hi Byorn, thanks for the update. Your plants look nice and healthy, and I'm happy that you have the two females you hoped for. Are you getting any aromas yet?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:55 PM

Greetings marcus!

thanks man!

well, aromas arent there yet or overshadowed by the smell of the other flowering ladies in the room. With some stem rub i can pick up some smells but i am no good in explaining them so i wont give it a try, someone could get there hopes up the wrong way after reading my bs aroma test I will have to ask the wife,, shes better in describing smells. The effects are more my department so an extended smoke, vape, diner report is something you can count on! Some ice hash will also be in the testing!

thanks for stopping by!
Old 08-25-2017, 05:26 AM

Hi Byorn
Things have definitely turned a corner..the ladies are looking much heathier. Whatever you did has worked. I like to try a bit of everything but dwc whilst initially seeming easier and low maintenance didnt really deliver in my expectations.
Where I live temperatures throughout the year vary greatly..chillers are a recent development for indoor growing and rootzone temps were always an issue for me. I always found the growth to be much leggier than in hydro or soil too. Beneficials also seem to have greater positive impact in a media based system and you have more control because of the buffering effects that a media gives you with your pH ec and temperatures. Really as you pointed out it is personal preference and if it works for you...who am I. I am looking forward to seeing those girls flowered...good luck
Old 08-29-2017, 08:32 PM

Hello MNS family!

Thanks professorjj! Well if that is the case for you, with those root zone temps i can understand not going DWC. I also wouldn`t go for the DWC setup if i had to run a chiller because they have a high power usage. the water Temps usually only run to high if we have a few days of 30celcius outside. In those days i top of with cold water and that keeps it in range. That is maybe one or two weeks a year.
In the winter times i trow in an extra submersible pump in each container they use around 3 watt each and raise the water temp 2-3 degrees if needed so. Ph adjusting i do ones a week. to me it`s really easy.

But i must agree sometimes i see guys running a biological grow and they do really fine right from the start till the end. Very healthy thriving looking plants. with the DWC they always have a little dip at the start until the roots hit reservoir than they catch up really nice with strong growth. I will look up some soil grows and yours as well so who knows Maybe i will give a another try in time.

About the plants,

I have placed the scrog net 2 days ago, and started bending and tying them gently. Raised the EC a little bit(0.9), and other than that only love is given to them. The start of flowering is around the corner, just a couple of days to go i think.

Heres a picture right after placing the screen. @Day33

Not really nice to see i think. But tomorrow i will shoot a new pic after they had some time to stand up again then they will look more appealing.

That will be it for to day! see you guys soon.

Greetings from the waterlands! Good day all!!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:49 PM

Hi Byorn..
I love a neat set up..looking sweet there brother..
Like I said I love the simplicity of a dwc/aeropobic set up nice job on making it work for you..
Well 30 deg C is a cool summer day here..its not uncommon to get full weeks of 40+deg C! Before the advent of chillers I would freeze water in large milk or juice containers and drop them in the res throughout the day..it works quite well..even better if you only have to do it for a couple of days.
Happy growing my friend..cant wait to see that scrog net full of buds..
Keep it green...
Old 08-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Hello MNS family!

Hey professorjj thanks again! Well this new room is still not where i want it to be, but doing oke for now. I`m still debating about some upgrades. Dehumidifier for one since i lost 1/3 of my Nordle due to high humidity(Mold) And the softbox upgrade to 750m3 for second. And the wall reflection can also be done better i think.

For now I will do my very best hopefully my girls will do the same! Cant wait myself to see those buds on the screen.

My favorite girl is showing really nice fat pistels that reminds me of the amnesia haze ive grown last year. Is this a trait you can expect in haze varieties?
I love seeing it! makes me want to put a chair next to them and sit there staring for hours makes me totally relaxed.

Heres a pic of the girls growing trough the net, i will let them go for another 15cm or so and then tie them back to the screen again. I hope i judged the height of the screen and have the timing right, so that they just grow another bit and fill up the last bits of the screen.

seeing this pic it reminds me i have to put the light back to middle above the plants on the corner of screen there are some Mango Haze and Skunk x Afghan popping.

thats it for today. Good Day All!!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Hello MNS family!

Day 43

Day 5 flower

Not a perfect scrog, think i placed the net just to late. The stems are getting woodstick like and are not pleased when trying to bend them, they almost break. So i wont tie them anymore unless some gets a out of control. That said i`m stil pleased with it the net helps a lot spreading everything and will give support later in flower.

The Flowers start to develop real nice and other than one leave showing some deficiencie they do great.

@Marcus_in_the_Darkus

my wife went with me to the grow room and let her nose do the work

"strong Citrus with spicy pine needle and some hints of musky dirt,, this came up after the stemrub.

Haha All i smelled was citrus with a bit of spicy something..

Good Day ALL!!