Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 PM

Thats devastating bro. Ive heard that they are destructive little buggers that are hard to remove. Im glad we don't get them here....so far.
Im not sure how feasible it is for you but if your plants are small enough you will get better results if you dip, ie drench, the plants with your poison of choice. Ive always found that spraying never gives total coverage and there are always a few that live to reproduce another day.
Good luck with your battle
Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjj View Post
Thats devastating bro. Ive heard that they are destructive little buggers that are hard to remove. Im glad we don't get them here....so far.
Im not sure how feasible it is for you but if your plants are small enough you will get better results if you dip, ie drench, the plants with your poison of choice. Ive always found that spraying never gives total coverage and there are always a few that live to reproduce another day.
Good luck with your battle
Great point Professor. I will definitely incorporate dunking the veg plants into my routine.

I'm also reading about dunking the entire plant into 110*F water for a few minutes. Apparently the BM can't handle the heat whereas the plant can, for a short time anyway.

Thanks for the kind words brother.

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Default Should we crowd fund for your loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
... Mites...
I played the clone acquisition game and thought I kept them quarantined long enough. Guess not...
Tragic, but a good lesson. Don't ask me how I know But good it happened before season was in full swing. Now you'll be able to kick ass going forward. Should we crowd fund for your loss braddah? You've got a PM.

Aloha
M
Old 02-14-2017, 04:27 PM

Default bloody mites!

i feel for you, had these beasts and decided to make a short break when i was in quite a similar situation about pest being in all growsites and the money was tight as per usual.
in case of the mites there really is no way of putting it nicely, as they tend to hang around. i shut everything down for 3 months and properly cleaned every corner. nothing back so far.
hope you find a way to keep your loved ones, neem will help for sure but to get the job done i'd suggest the chemowhacker on newly settled clones, the worryfree approach
Good luck mate
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 PM

Default New day! New opportunities

Hello MNS fam!

Before I respond to either of you kind geneltman I need to share something that is very exciting and frightening to me on a personal level. In December I left a 50k Salaried Director position within a large and successful corporation. I left because I was miserable. I have been second guessing that idea since I left because, as I mentioned in my previous post, times have been tight. I've been hustling hard trying to keep the cash rolling.

Well... My lovely wife and her mother convinced me that this is the time to follow my passions and not worry about the pay check....

Today I accepted a 9.50$ per hour, entry level, Floriculture Greenhouse Labor position. Follow my passion, huh???!?
Time for some cutbacks. Anyway...

Thank you for allowing me to share that, and yes, I remember this is a Cannabis growers forum

All of that is necessary for me to say:
No, Mu my generous friend, I do not any help via crowd funding. Lol.

Thanks for the wishes of luck, Patient Zero. If I end up going your route I will be upset, no doubt.
However, that would leave room for me to pop a full pack of something from Shantis collection. Pretty damn good plan B, I'd say.

I will be following some advice from Musashi and will update this thread with my progress to document yet another battle with the BM devil's.

Thanks guys, sure is good to be able to bring these problems here and know I'll get good advice.

My last note for now:

Angels Breath appears to be very resistant to pests
La Nina and Z6 on the other hand, are pure mite nectar. Didn't stand a chance. The LN in flower is the only plant I'm concerned with maybe not finishing. She's improving but I consider pulling her ass out every day.

Stay Hazed y'all,
Jake

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 02-14-2017, 10:42 PM

Good on you brother I hope it is a path filled with enlightenment, love and happiness. Much respect

PS. they really screw you Americans on wages, move to Australia brother you'd make that 50k working in a greenhouse
Old 02-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
Two words:

Broad. Mites.

Two more words:
Mass genocide.

The flower group is okay, although definitely impacted. My veg group was getting out of control. I just killed everyone, including the Z6 Seed plants.

I'm going to try and keep my Koala Berry as well as Gorilla Glue and GSC. My thought was it will be easier to reach totally mite free with a small number of plants.... Pray for my girls folks. Pray.

I really need to find steady work as the only way I will feel totally comfortable is having Avid and Forbid in my pest control arsenal. I just can't swing it right now, barely keeping my bills paid lately.

So, I am spraying heavy doses of neem/insecticide soap or Azamax as well as Garden Safe 3 in 1 every other day.
You guys think I stand a chance at wiping them out???

I'm super depressed.

I played the clone acquisition game and thought I kept them quarantined long enough. Guess not.

Off to go stare at my almost completely empty veg room.

Jake
G `day Jake

Sheeet !
Hot air or hot water . I don`t think chems can defeat them .
Gotta find the vector that brought them to your room or they`ll be back ...

IC Mag forum is a place to look for remedies .

EB .
Old 02-14-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjj View Post
Good on you brother I hope it is a path filled with enlightenment, love and happiness. Much respect

PS. they really screw you Americans on wages, move to Australia brother you'd make that 50k working in a greenhouse
Thanks Professor. I've never been truly excited to start a job before. I'm pretty excited right now, thinking I made the right move in my life.

Brother, you have no idea how bad I want to move down there! It's a little bit tough though! You Aussie's don't hold the door open for just anybody

Thanks for the kindness Professor

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day Jake

Sheeet !
Hot air or hot water . I don`t think chems can defeat them .
Gotta find the vector that brought them to your room or they`ll be back ...

IC Mag forum is a place to look for remedies .

EB .
Howdy Elmer,

I have located the vector, the source of the trouble and she is gone. Sour Diesel was not worth all of this heartache.

The remaining keepers are all naturally resistant compared to the rest of my stable. I'm hopeful they will make it through.

Thanks for the info bro, I've been looking around IC for some more info. I'm slowly putting together a kill em all plan and am comfortable with the idea of neem keeping the numbers down until I can get the wipe out remedy in place.

Thanks for stopping in EB

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Seems those AB's stretched for 3 weeks before they settled down Imagine twelve in a room at the same time. It was a jungle I tell ya! Reminds me of some of the Med Mans in terms of crazy strong vitality. I really do need to revisit this fine plant, but when, hehe? I'll be interested in comparing notes as to what you think of this variety down the road brah.

Aloha nui
M