Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 03:28 AM

Default Does this sound good or?

The problem i am having is my nugs are to loose??????I use happy frog soil.

Tent grow 2.... 600 Watt MH for grow and HPS for Bloom Co2 during all cycles. All organic!!!!!!

GROW feed 1 time a week
1.Fish Emulsion 10 ML per gallon
2.. Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice grow Organic 16 ML per gallon
3.Calmag 1 Tsp per gallon
4.Myco 1Tsp per gallon
5.Flavorful 1/4 Tsp per gallon

BLOOM Feed 1 time a week.
1. Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Bloom Organic 16ML per gallon
2.Mothers Earth 8ML per gallon
3.Calmag 5ML per gallon
4.Honey E.S 5ML per gallon
5.Ancient Earth 8ML per gallon
EXTRAS
SENSIZYM 2ML ...1 time a week 4 days before feed.
Tarantula 2ML per gallon the first 2 weeks of Bloom.
DueceDeuce 1.25 ML per gallon before Honey ES during week 6&7.

Last edited by StrikeForce; 01-02-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:41 PM

Default Just looking for a little help

Is my Nute feedings seem ok or is there something different i can do?
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 AM

What is your source water like?

A tablespoon per gallon of nutes seems to be on the 'heavy feeding' side of things in my experience, but I haven't specifically used the iguana juice or any of your specific products other than sensizym & fish emulsion. 15ml/gal is my max feed with age old, soul synthetics, PBP, Fish hydrolysate & emulsion, liquid maxicrop, etc... I'd also watch for lowlow Ph with that much "base nute" and the 2 teaspoons of fish emulsion you listed in the veg formula.

I'm not an expert, but those feed levels seem "hot" to me for soil, especially the veg formula for small plants.

EDIT - Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. Bud density is controlled by genetics & environment moreso than nutrients. 'Loose' nugs are usually due to too much ambient heat or insufficient light intensity. Sometimes too much nitrogen or kelp products later in flower can push green growth on should-be-ripening-nugs & they fluff out. Keeping my medium drier in the 2nd half of flower tends to produce better looking (resin & size) buds for me. Try replacing your bulbs, or adding fresh mylar or dropping your canopy temps.

Last edited by PatrickStar; 01-03-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
What is your source water like?

A tablespoon per gallon of nutes seems to be on the 'heavy feeding' side of things in my experience, but I haven't specifically used the iguana juice or any of your specific products other than sensizym & fish emulsion. 15ml/gal is my max feed with age old, soul synthetics, PBP, Fish hydrolysate & emulsion, liquid maxicrop, etc... I'd also watch for lowlow Ph with that much "base nute" and the 2 teaspoons of fish emulsion you listed in the veg formula.

I'm not an expert, but those feed levels seem "hot" to me for soil, especially the veg formula for small plants.

EDIT - Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. Bud density is controlled by genetics & environment moreso than nutrients. 'Loose' nugs are usually due to too much ambient heat or insufficient light intensity. Sometimes too much nitrogen or kelp products later in flower can push green growth on should-be-ripening-nugs & they fluff out. Keeping my medium drier in the 2nd half of flower tends to produce better looking (resin & size) buds for me. Try replacing your bulbs, or adding fresh mylar or dropping your canopy temps.
Ok sounds good..I am using reverse Osmosis water and keeping the PH between 6 and 6.2. I should have mentioned this was the list I made a few years ago I have dropped the Fish Emulsion since then. I change the bulbs every 3 grows and keep the TEMP from 79 F to 85 F. The tent itself is the Mylar all inside I have cleaned and shined it. Just not sure what else to do being that I live in the Northeast in the USA and outside grows are almost impossible anymore even in the summer due to such high humidity, A lot of rain and bugs it is crazy. The climate is just not the same here anymore as it used to be 10 years ago.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:26 PM

Sounds like you are doing well with the temps & light intensity. What genetics are you running? Have you seen the same cuts in another setup outperform yours? I like sativas & sativa hybrids & I tend to pick clones that don;t have the "hardball" buds (green crack, indica blue dream, cookies, etc...) that lots of buyers view as the primary indicator of 'quality'. I'm doing a 2 clone hunt now & I'm looking for something that smokes well & has bag appeal & yields, & I'm looking for something that is firesmoke & yields acceptably. Different horses for different courses.

Going to 1k lighting made my buds bigger, lol. Have you ever done a run with the same setup & fed 1/2 the organic bottle & like 1/2 a mineral salt bottle? There IS something to be said for chelated micronutrients. I only feed chems a few times from flip thru budset (maybe 5-6 chem feeds in ~2 months & never really over 1.3 EC) & I think it helps the size & yield & doesn't seem to negatively impact the flavor.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Sounds like you are doing well with the temps & light intensity. What genetics are you running? Have you seen the same cuts in another setup outperform yours? I like sativas & sativa hybrids & I tend to pick clones that don;t have the "hardball" buds (green crack, indica blue dream, cookies, etc...) that lots of buyers view as the primary indicator of 'quality'. I'm doing a 2 clone hunt now & I'm looking for something that smokes well & has bag appeal & yields, & I'm looking for something that is firesmoke & yields acceptably. Different horses for different courses.

Going to 1k lighting made my buds bigger, lol. Have you ever done a run with the same setup & fed 1/2 the organic bottle & like 1/2 a mineral salt bottle? There IS something to be said for chelated micronutrients. I only feed chems a few times from flip thru budset (maybe 5-6 chem feeds in ~2 months & never really over 1.3 EC) & I think it helps the size & yield & doesn't seem to negatively impact the flavor.
I have tried a lot of different strains but I am a Sativa man myself but was always talked into growing something for others first so I really never get to do for me as i do not have a lot of room. I was really excited about the Strawberry cough i just started to germ until i found out that KK's version of Strawberry Cough is better now not so excited. The last 3 times i ordered Sativa seeds from overseas my luck ran out and they was seized by customs for some reason they have been picking on my Sativa and letting the Indica through LOL. I get peranoid easy and indica kills me with that. I really miss the good old Columbian Gold from the day. I seen the Original Sensible seed bank has Columbian Gold Seeds | World of Seeds but i do not know how close they are to the Original?

Last edited by StrikeForce; 01-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:13 PM

Stay excited about that Straw Cough. The guy who put me on to growing held a DP straw cough clone closer to him than his dogs (not quite as close as his kids). He loved it, smoking, growing, everything about it. Don't let someone else tell you "Your plants wont be as good as..." If that was true, there would be no need for seed. The next elite is just an appropriate sized clone hunt away.

Try SSH if you like Sativas. I'm greying but not balding & heads older than me used to say "colombian" a lot when I smoked them out on the SSH's & f2's I used to grow.

But yeah, back to your post, sativas don't generally get chunky. Don't overheat, don't overwater, overfeed & keep the light blazing. Provide enough N-P-K-Ca-S-Mg. The rest is in the genetics. CO2 helps & you say you've got that goin on