Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2015, 04:29 AM

Default Can floralkleen be used during veg?

I'm not sure how floralkleen works.My plan was to use before harvest but I've read it can be used at any time to help get out salts but it only has directions for harvest.
I am seeing an oily film or salts floating on the surface of the reasons runoff in catcher under container and that why I thought about trying floralkleen.

I thoughts about mixing up a low ec nute mix,adding floralkleen and then flush.
I never use pure water during grow.If ec gets too high in coco,I mix up a 0.4-0.6 ec feed and flush until ec is back down.

If floralkleen really works would it somehow effect the nutrients I mixed it up with or does it only dissolve salt?

I may try a small amount of mix and see how floralkleen effects ec and ph.

Has anyone used Floralkleen during veg?Did you use plain water or a EC nute mix?Oh,any ideas what the oily film floating in catch water might be?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:31 AM

Why no regular watering?

I ran coco for 2 years and never had film in my runoff....
I would rethink the concept of keeping the medium charged in the fashion that you are. Just my opinion.

To answer your actual question:
Use it with ph'd water. Plain. Flush two or three times and your coir will be pretty well salt free. Ive used it with soil and coir to correct nute lockout issues, with great results. Last time i used it i ran 10 gallons theough a 5 gallon pot and cleared everything right out.

After the flush you will want to water with a light fertalizer solution to prevent them from starving. Do not mix the kleen and nute solution. This is two steps..

Good luck and happy growing.

Jake

Last edited by blowingupjake; 12-24-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:28 AM

Thanks,
I flushed with a low ec mix but film came right back.Ec is good and plant looks great but it's a strange film floating in runoff catcher.
I think it's something in GO calmag+.Ive noticed around cap on bottle it doesn't dry but stays moist and pliable.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:21 PM

It's definitely the organic calmag+ causing the film but plant is very healthy.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:32 AM

Happy to hear your plant is healthy and you are no longer worried!

What strain are you running?

Jake
Old 12-28-2015, 04:59 PM

I'm running my best medicineman pheno.
I've never seen this type of film.I might go back to calmag with N with a different brand for I have to leave a pool in runoff to keep the film off roots.
I don't use water only cycles in coco.I flush using a 0.3 ec mix until runoff ec drops to 0,3-.4.
I've read some use alternating water only cycles in coco,but I tried that once and ph started jumping around.

Last edited by cbdfan; 12-28-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:48 PM

Nice! I was outbid on the last auction, i had the medicine man in my sights. I did well with the auctions i won though

I ran coco and treated it exactly like soil, aside from the lower pH and the more frequent waterings. My gals seemed happy, but i always had some kind of lock out late in flowering. Maybe i should have been trying your method, as the pH fluctuations would explain the issues i had.

Good info!

Jake
Old 12-29-2015, 03:56 PM

So far leaching or flushing with a low ec,canna suggests at least 0.6,seems to work very well.I read about it on cannafaq section a person was having ph flucuations using water only cycles.Canna said water only washes out buffers so to use a diluted mix for flushing to reduce ec or remove salts.

I tried an experiment with floralkleen.

I filled 2 containers with coco ran a full strength mix through them until runoff had an ec of 1.8.
I flushed one with floralkleen and RO with ec of O.O3 and the other was a diluted nute mix with ec of 0.66.

The runoff using floralkleen ec read 0.4 and the runoff using diluted nute mix read 0.68.
Not much difference and I think plain water would do the same thing as floralkleen.
Question is what's in floralkleen.It has no ec reading,it might have something that binds with salts,but most salts used in fertilizers are water soluble.

I will soon try running floralkleen through my clone machine sprayer,if it cleans them up,it might have some type of acid or base in it.Ill test it for acids and bases out of curiosity.

I'll just use floralkleen before harvest.