Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 AM

Default Can I top 30-40 sites while scrog net is filling?

It'll probably take another 10-14 days for net to fill up.
All the main branches are under net and already many lower branches are above the net which are now going to be acting like mains.
After the branches went under the nets to desired places then I supercropped each branch so the lower growth has came up above the net about 4 inches.
I though about topping each lower growth that now about 4 inches above the net but I've never seen or heard of it done.
I'd be topping about 30-40 sites and I'm not sure what to expect topping in so many areas.

I've seen multiple toppings done but not 30-40 at once.

Any suggestions or just fill the net and bloom it out?
Old 12-23-2015, 10:54 PM

I don't like to top more than 2-3 tops off each plant at any given time. 30 would be ok if I had 10+ plants, though. Have you considered just 'weaving' the runaway growth back under the net to hold it down till the other growth catches up?
Old 12-24-2015, 03:43 AM

I'm not sure if the plant considers the highest branch on plant to be the new main cola.I think I'll top the house guest cola on each main branch,3-4,and see if the lower growth reacts.

I've already super cropped and it worked.I tried putting everything under net but the plant is so thick and bushy air could not penatrate.

There one row of squares left on two sides.I may need them for stretch but last scrog only the tops that went through screen stretched and the big main branches under screen didn't stretch much.

I may have to just go to 12/12 sooner.She is drinking a gallon a day in a 6.5 gallon container of coco and roots have made it to bottom and she's just not getting much bigger.
I might need to flush or leach the coco.The ec out is good,below ec in,but I can see salts or a film floating on surface of what's in catch pan.Its a first for me the oil or salt on surface.
I think it's salts for I tasted the film and it tastes very salty.

I forgot to mention it's an indica strong medicineman which will scrog but not like a sativa strong.
I thought about flushing with floralkleen but I can't find any about used it during grow cycle but it only before harvest.
Growth has slowness down considerably but I think root size might be a big factor.
If the picture feature works,I'll post a picture.I might be able to use a link for pictures
Old 12-24-2015, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
I don't like to top more than 2-3 tops off each plant at any given time. 30 would be ok if I had 10+ plants, though. Have you considered just 'weaving' the runaway growth back under the net to hold it down till the other growth catches up?
Yes I did.I stuffed about a 1/4 of the screen and the canopy was too thick.I don't think any air could get through the canopy.

I think either by using Lucas or Floralicous plus it causes extreme lower branch growth for this run this pheno is too bushy.I suspect both but Floralicous I think is the cause.
I may change my veg regiment and only use Lucas ratio as a base during bloom.

Last edited by cbdfan; 12-24-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:59 AM

Never ran GH 3 part nutes in straight coco, but in perlite hempys I do well with a 2ml/2ml/2ml grow/bloom/micro to veg & 6/9 + Epsom salt in bloom. Running Maxibloom in my hempys next round & from what I read the Maxibloom is lucas ratio @7g/gallon RO.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:21 PM

I use 6ml of micro,9ml of bloom in coco,it's a mod done by head for coco,and it seems to work very good.Also,his formula calls for 1 gram of Epsom per gallon but I use calmag close to full strength.I tried Epsom but it just burned leaf edges and causes spots.