Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Default Help my plants gone maaaaaad ,...

Hello i was in 2nd week flowering stage when i left my girls under my friend care , when i left they were healthy...

After 10 days he called something is messed up and i should come check my girls ...

I really don know what he did to them but this is what happened : they somehow loox like they went back to vegetative stage ...

We have 2 simillar tents 600w lumatek ballasts in same room , 1 tent contain critical mass ( healthy tent ) 2nd have critical jack in it and its crippled it really loox like down syndrom ��

C.J - http://s28.postimg.org/n8yvwj0r1/image.jpg
- http://s28.postimg.org/s6cghn2q5/image.jpg

C.M - http://s12.postimg.org/619ci0a31/image.jpg

Here is photo from different location bit same clones under my supervision C.J - http://s29.postimg.org/igm6dty07/image.jpg

We have good EC and PH but 75% humudity in that room where C.J and C.M are grown and we have 23celsius and yes i know it is not the best condition but my questin is how come that critical jack loox like complete fuck up ??
Old 12-02-2015, 06:46 PM

It is DEFINITELY going back into veg... Certain that the timer for lights is working? Its gotta be that or a HUGE light leak somewhere.

My 2$ worth.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=blowingupjake;216452]It is DEFINITELY going back into veg... Certain that the timer for lights is working? Its gotta be that or a HUGE light leak somewhere.

I forgot to add i checked both timers and they were 12/12 cannot be light leak its in tent and we have setup that 1st tent shuts down than 2nd starts so our room never gets cold . What could it be i really dont know iam frustrating
Old 12-03-2015, 03:26 PM

I agree with jake...

Either light leaks or faulty timer.

The timer can be SET to 12/12 but not actually provide 12/12, hence calling it "faulty"

Run a test bro or cough up the 10 bucks and buy a new timer to be safe.
Don't take an el-cheapo timer from china (again?).

second:
Again I agree with jake.
Big Light leaks could very well be possible in tents. Especially if you say they go on and off in different cycles/intervalls so the room "never gets cold" (bro.... invest 100 bucks in a seperate heater ...).

What I assume is happening:
One tent gets longer hours of light and shorter hours of darkness from light leaks. One strain may also be more resistant and the plants might be less irritated from the light leaks and just continue flowering while the other strain might be unsure if it is supposed to hermie or go back into veg or what, with the odd lighting times.

Either way:
LIGHT LEAKS IN TENTS ARE DEFINITELY POSSIBLE !!!!!
Especially if you invested in el-cheapo tents as well.
Even the more pricey lines can have light leaks although they should be less.
Before running any tent in your setup, you should make the surrounding room pitch-black dark, so you can't see your hand in front of your face. Now turn on the Lights in the tent and see if you can't find pinholes where light shines through... Odds are you will find at least a few.

Also mistakes during the setup of the tents, rough handling and rips can cause more light leaks.

You might also have smeared some peanut butter on the outside of a tent and have a rodent nibbling away at it.

It is impossible to say bro.

But Jack is right, they do look likey they want to return to veg and they won't do that without the according light cycle.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
I agree with jake...

Either light leaks or faulty timer.

The timer can be SET to 12/12 but not actually provide 12/12, hence calling it "faulty"

Run a test bro or cough up the 10 bucks and buy a new timer to be safe.
Don't take an el-cheapo timer from china (again?).

second:
Again I agree with jake.
Big Light leaks could very well be possible in tents. Especially if you say they go on and off in different cycles/intervalls so the room "never gets cold" (bro.... invest 100 bucks in a seperate heater ...).

What I assume is happening:
One tent gets longer hours of light and shorter hours of darkness from light leaks. One strain may also be more resistant and the plants might be less irritated from the light leaks and just continue flowering while the other strain might be unsure if it is supposed to hermie or go back into veg or what, with the odd lighting times.

Either way:
LIGHT LEAKS IN TENTS ARE DEFINITELY POSSIBLE !!!!!
Especially if you invested in el-cheapo tents as well.
Even the more pricey lines can have light leaks although they should be less.
Before running any tent in your setup, you should make the surrounding room pitch-black dark, so you can't see your hand in front of your face. Now turn on the Lights in the tent and see if you can't find pinholes where light shines through... Odds are you will find at least a few.

Also mistakes during the setup of the tents, rough handling and rips can cause more light leaks.

You might also have smeared some peanut butter on the outside of a tent and have a rodent nibbling away at it.

It is impossible to say bro.

But Jack is right, they do look likey they want to return to veg and they won't do that without the according light cycle.
Omg itīs really light leak !!!
We triple check the timers and 1 timer had 1 block slightli up (my timers are mechanical) so instead of 12/12 dark they got like 8 hours dark ,1 hour light, 3 dark
Its my bad i dont use digital timers but they failed me too many times ..
THANX A LOT GUYS U SAVE MY XMASS ...
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM

Hey bro, glad u found the solution!!

Glad we could help ya.

About timers:
I would say it doesn't matter if it is mechanic or digital.
Both have merit.

What you need is reliable equipment that does its job and soldiers on for thousands of hours without a hitch.

Both types of timers have the potential to be that.

With anything you use in your grow room, the ideal procedure would be to become an expert on that equipment first.

Take timers for example:
In a perfect world you would do extensive research on what is available in the market for you.
You would check all the info from the manufacturers, then you would scour the earth for experiences/reports/reviews on the product by actual people who used it (in the case of timers, you can find many more reports and can also use reports of people who use it for christmas lights or whatever but ideally you would want reports from people who used it under similar/comparable conditions to yours).

Once you have all that, you should have a list of say Top 5 candidates to fill the role of "timer" in your garden.

Then, in an ideal world, you would test all 5 to make your own experiences. Under representative working conditions and representative timeframe.

Alas we don't live in a perfect world and applying the scientific method to each and every nut and bold you want to use in your garden is not feasible at all.

So what do you do?
You still do research! You still check what the manufacturers say but maybe you take a shortcut over user reviews first and only check the manufactrer info of the top 5 products reviewed by other users.

Then you just make a judgement call, decide for one, use it and make your experience. If it turns out to let you down, eliminate it from your garden entirely and give another of the "top 5 candidates" a try.

I think this is feasible...

And if you do it right, you will sometimes find that "el-cheapos" work just as well as expensive original versions.

But even more often you will find that the 2nd or 3rd or 4th "cheapest" or most economic option is actually the best in terms of price/quality.
The difference, in case of timers, might only be 5 bucks between the cheapest version and the best bang for your buck (price/quality) in the end...

Go for an option like that. Find the one that works for you consistently and "never change a running system", as a rule of thumb.

Throw out the faulty timers, replace them with new ones that you researched a little and don't necessarily go for cheapest/most economic but go with one that gives you a good feeling in terms of price/quality.