Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 10:03 PM
Banned

G `day B

Google Gnatrol .
That stuff works !
GNATROL Organic BTI Fungus Gnat Control (28 grams concentrate makes 31 gallons)

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 01-26-2017, 02:03 PM

Can't be had in EU unfortunately. Or I think I found it here or there but for absurd prices.

So I looked for the active ingredient (BTI) and found something else that has it listed as the main/active ingredient and applied it.

It was effective but didn't get rid of them completely and did not stop new breakouts from happening even in conjunction with other methods (as mentioned in a post before, I actually forgot I also used nematodes at one point with some effect).

Anyway, I will take a break from growing after the second harvest anyway due to personal reasons so it shouldn't be a huge deal to reset everything. Only had 1 plant I would consider worthy of keeping a clone but even that one was nothing I would cry over for weeks if I wasn't going to keep a clone of it.

Let's see if this next round changes my mind or something but I am pretty sure a break will be best and I will have more than enough in my stash to last me through that break so really no need to keep growing continuously.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Bro! The sand won't get washed away when you water from the underside, i.e. the saucer or in a bucket. The second tip from me are nematodes "steinernema feltiae". They work perfectly against fungus gnats. You don't need the sand thing anyways because the pots have big holes in the bottom for the water runoff where the flies reside very happily. The sand thing is merely good for home use where you have cachepots over the actual ones. So your best strategy is yellow stickers for optical control and nematodes. You don't want poison in your buds - and you don't need it! Nematodes FTW! And yes, they live and reside only in the soil.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Friend always gives me the useful tip to heat up the soil before use in an oven or elsewhere. This should work best of all methods but requires more work and infrastructure.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Yeah, I drastically altered my watering habits and have seen some mild improvements.

I continue watering with BTI and have started to add some epson salt to the water to combat the potential magnesium deficiency.

I also had to switch my water source recently and did not yet get around to PH it so that is my next step and could have drastic effects (I kind of lost sight of that in all the chaos).

Finally I will get some more nematodes. I had watered a single dose in while all plants were still in veg and did see some improvement but did not see the pest being eliminated. Since the nematodes are not super cheap, I left it at that one treatment.

My hope is that once I PHed my water, the adjusted watering habits, nematodes and BTI will finally do the trick.

Oh yeah and obviously the yellow tape, that is hanging everywhere and always. Gonna have to replace again soon come to think of it ...

Maybe I can still get rid of them but this is the last attempt I will make before starting a complete reset.