Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 10:00 AM

Smile female seeds

Just done wappa,happyness and critical haze from resin seeds.not one male flower and these have been stressed.my fave is critical haze from resin seeds.happyness smells amazing followed by wappa .these all grew easy with Bio-canna and taste amazing my only complaint is flowering time is taking ages 12 weeks .i now have faith in female seeds.thanks resin seeds ,paradise and serious seeds.very strong weed .
Old 01-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeace View Post
Just done wappa,happyness and critical haze from resin seeds.not one male flower and these have been stressed.my fave is critical haze from resin seeds.happyness smells amazing followed by wappa .these all grew easy with Bio-canna and taste amazing my only complaint is flowering time is taking ages 12 weeks .i now have faith in female seeds.thanks resin seeds ,paradise and serious seeds.very strong weed .
I too have grown strong fems, but breeding with fems is crap.

Fems are better suited for noobs and med patients i reckon, but if your after that special keeper, especially to breed/clone with, then reg seeds is the best

Last edited by ganja man1; 01-30-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:16 PM

I grow Fems & regs but ALWAYS buy Regs for later use. The Fem market has got out of control & I've noticed a lot of variation, height, flowering times, hermies. That said, there are some strong feminised seeds to grow out for smoke.

I think the issue is more about the ridiculous amount of so called seed Co's all selling the same strains under different names, a lot of which came from Shantibabas & have just been feminised. Dutch passion have been talking about selling clones in seed form for a while, it's basically just a slice off a single keeper encapsulated in some gel & encased in something, don't know much about it to be honest nut it tells you the fem market isn't going to slow down.

Serious, Resin & Paradise are three of the three seed co's who do fems I trust, though Serious' Ak doesn't seem to be like I remember it, could just be my memory though.

Peace B
"The lonliest people are the nicest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't want you to have to go through, what they have been through".... Anon

Last edited by Bubbla; 01-30-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Correcting auto correct ?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post

Fems are better suited for noobs and med patients i reckon, but if your after that special keeper, especially to breed/clone with, then reg seeds is the best

G`day GM1

Can you give some insight as to what you base that opinion on ?

To make clones from ?
The ability of a fem to produce clones has never been a problem as far as I know ? Have you had problems ?

And for breeding .
If the mother was stress tested and proved it wasn`t intersexed .
Then the process of reversal won`t make inter sexed seeds .

Interesting you say you have grown Fem seeds ?
After the amount of the very derogatory posts you have made about feminised seeds .
Did curiosity get the better of you ?

Thanks for sharin

EB
Old 01-30-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:

I misread your post originally & although Im of the opinion regs are better for breeding, I've not heard of fems being harder to clone, if that's what you're saying ? I certainly wouldn't say Fems are for noobs, growing isn't rocket science, although some would have you believe it is. You've got to be an idiot to not be able to distinguish a set of male balls that look like a pawnbrokers sign from females ! Youre still growing & looking after the plants, it just takes the hassle out of it, especially in countries where space is at a premium, or if someone's a Med patient.

I'll let you answer Elmer now

Peace B
"The lonliest people are the nicest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't want you to have to go through, what they have been through".... Anon

Last edited by Bubbla; 01-30-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

BTW Hempy did a great thread on his experience when he made his own fem beans. A great read. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

Pay particular attention to page 2 of this lengthy thread...
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeder...-cannabis.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbla View Post
I misread your post originally & although Im of the opinion regs are better for breeding, I've not heard of fems being harder to clone, if that's what you're saying ? I certainly wouldn't say Fems are for noobs, growing isn't rocket science, although some would have you believe it is. You've got to be an idiot to not be able to distinguish a set of male balls that look like a pawnbrokers sign from females ! Youre still growing & looking after the plants, it just takes the hassle out of it, especially in countries where space is at a premium, or if someone's a Med patient.
I'm not and never have said that fems are harder to clone. What I meant was if you're after that special keeper (of which you'll either want to clone and/or breed with0, then regs are better than fems. Well, dunno about you guys, but I'm in search of keepers n I want mine to be from reg stock anyway. I got mkaze ans nhs in my line up. Regs of course.

Of course fems are easier for obvious reasons and noobs (especially if growing in small spaces) would benefit initially. But after some more experience he may wanna change his grow patterns etc and dabble with some regs after getting bored with fems. I got some fem freebies in my fridge atm but I dunno what I'm gonna do with them. Might just grow them out for a change of smoke but I wont be cloning or selecting a keeper from them.

Quote:
I'll let you answer Elmer now
Now why do i wanna answer him for? I know that he'll do anything to sell you some fem beans if dodgy pm's thus breaking forum rules are your thing. And if I answer him I'll prolly get banned again anyway so its best if I just ignore him when he tries to holler at me from now on thanks

Last edited by ganja man1; 01-31-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'm not and never have said that fems are harder to clone. What I meant was if you're after that special keeper (of which you'll either want to clone and/or breed with0, then regs are better than fems. Well, dunno about you guys, but I'm in search of keepers n I want mine to be from reg stock anyway. I got mkaze ans nhs in my line up. Regs of course.

Of course fems are easier for obvious reasons and noobs (especially if growing in small spaces) would benefit initially. But after some more experience he may wanna change his grow patterns etc and dabble with some regs after getting bored with fems. I got some fem freebies in my fridge atm but I dunno what I'm gonna do with them. Might just grow them out for a change of smoke but I wont be cloning or selecting a keeper from them.

Now why do i wanna answer him for? I know that he'll do anything to sell you some fem beans if dodgy pm's thus breaking forum rules are your thing. And if I answer him I'll prolly get banned again anyway so its best if I just ignore him when he tries to holler at me from now on thanks
I hear what you're saying regarding the selection of a Keeper, I'm the same & would use Regs for finding that special one. As I said originally, I've seen a great deal of variation in Fems & it does seem to be getting worse. It's not so much a hermie issue, just variation in phenotypes in my experience. Ive had what I'd call "stunted" or "Dwarf" plants from one of the Major Spanish Seed Co's 3 times in a row ! Had hermies too, some sterile some not ...

People talk about Cannabis going hermie but that's what it does naturally in a final desperate attempt to pollinate itself, You can see it in the final ripening stages but most people don't wait that long to harvest !

Whatever your beef with Elmer, he's just asking you a question, he is entitled to have his own opinion, just because yours differs you seem to take offence to his post ? I don't care what Elmer does via pm doesn't bother me one bit but I do care when anybody starts telling people what others are doing, do you do that in real life ? Tell everyone what others are up to ? That's poor & in our world is not a good character trait !!!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbla View Post
Whatever your beef with Elmer, he's just asking you a question, he is entitled to have his own opinion, just because yours differs you seem to take offence to his post ? I don't care what Elmer does via pm doesn't bother me one bit but I do care when anybody starts telling people what others are doing, do you do that in real life ? Tell everyone what others are up to ? That's poor & in our world is not a good character trait !!!
I never took offence to his post. I ignored his post. Just like I'm gonna ignore you if you can't speak to me nicely.

Never question what I'm like in real life ever again.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:00 PM

Hi Elmer and Bubbla

Here is a link to some insight on the possible superiority of selfed/female seeds over that of regular dioecious seed by Breeder Tom Hill.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeder...enotype-2.html

You both seem intelligent and knowledgeable enough to be able to appreciate the information from a master breeder and innovator rather than that of closet hacks and conceited fools.

Hope it sheds some light on things.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Wiser View Post
Hi Elmer and Bubbla

Here is a link to some insight on the possible superiority of selfed/female seeds over that of regular dioecious seed by Breeder Tom Hill.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeder...enotype-2.html

You both seem intelligent and knowledgeable enough to be able to appreciate the information from a master breeder and innovator rather than that of closet hacks and conceited fools.

Hope it sheds some light on things.
Hi Bud Wiser.

That was a good read & I understand what he's saying & genuinely taken on board what was written. I've often wondered something similar myself, like I say I do use fems & regs, I'm not one of those who are obsessed with finding the perfect Phenotype as I'm not sure there is such a thing. Mainly as different people like different things, like everything cannabis strength/taste & smell are subjective, some people like a mellow smoke, some a couch lock & others a Sativa high etc etc ... When it comes to Cannabis, I've never found anything which even comes close to pure Landrace Cannabis in their native habitat. I've lived all over the world, from Europe, Australia, India, Nepal, SE Asia, Middle East & Northern Africa, namely Egypt. In fact Egyptian Hash is absolutely amazing, their Weed is too & you get some killer Sudanese too if you live there & have the contacts, otherwise it never really comes out the country.

I'm neither here nor there regarding feminised seeds, I grow them to Smoke & they're abosolutely fine, my main issue with them is if Regular seeds totally dissapeared, the growers would be totally reliant on the Seed Co's selling Gem seeds. Could that happen ? I don't know but I'd like to have a shed load of regs from good genetics just in case.

Tom Hill speaks of finding a keeper faster, from fems & to me that's probably more important if you're a breeder selling seeds as you can get more strains out faster if that makes sense ...

Personally I'm a Hash man at Heart, love great Weed but love great Hash better & always have. I grew up on some of the finest Hash you could get, went away to live in India, came back & the whole Hash scene had collapsed and Weed totally took over ... Didn't like that, not at all !!

Thanks for the link, I'm always willing to look at both sides of an argument. I think calling people conceited fools is a little harsh, there's loads of mater growers out there ( for want of a better name) who really aren't bothered in being known, gaining notoriety or owning a Seedbank. They're more than happy with their own strains, bred out by them to they're specific tastes.

Phew, that was a waffle

Peace B

Quote:
I never took offence to his post. I ignored his post. Just like I'm gonna ignore you if you can't speak to me nicely.

Never question what I'm like in real life ever again.
Why not? What you going to do ? Punch the monitor

You were the one who openly talked about Elmer doing things via Pm, I merely pointed out you were willing to drop shit on him rather quickly, I'm not questioning anything, in my world, if you talk like that online, you're just as likely to be the same in real life. Oops ...

I did speak to you nicely ? It seems you have an a problem with people having a different opinion & ignore me, that's fine, if that's what you want. I'm not here to piss people off, so I suggest you chill out

Last edited by Bubbla; 02-01-2015 at 10:10 AM.