Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 01:17 PM

Default ALL - MIX soil

Used this first time just wondering what your thoughts were? I used Bio canna on it .ec rockected up to 30 as plants looked ill .igave a healthy flush but it turned to mud i also found large stones and toe nail clippings ,dirty baszatards .we need a good organic soil here in uk i im not into paying 17 pound a bag thats daylight robbery .a fiver is more realistic.i believe in holland its only a diver a bag.cheers
Old 12-21-2014, 02:38 PM

Looks like a business opportunity you got there. Most soil less mixes on the market start with a base of composted sawdust, coco and or peat moss. If you can get massive amounts of any of those you are off to the races. The shitty soil companies on the west coast are killing it(and a lot of people's plants). If the owner is in,there will most likely be a new Porsche in the parking lot. So it can be quite lucrative. It's a well known historical fact that most all miners went broke during the gold rush. The people who did really well weren't miners. They sold picks and shovels to miners....picks and shovels brother picks and shovels.....

Last edited by Pantagruel; 12-21-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Crippling self loathing narcissistic disorder
Old 12-22-2014, 12:41 PM

Hey john peace , don't believe the hype man. I always use shop bought soil, i mean DIY superstore not growshop. There are always deals on and i recommend just buying a regular "multi -purpose compost" add some perlite and your good to go. Ive tried premium branded ones with added food etc and they always seem to be a little too hot for cannabis. For yrs ive been using ERIN "Multi purpose compost, peat reduced" its 12 euro 240ltrs , cant go wrong! Im in Ireland but ive seen it for sale in the UK.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:35 PM

I got to agree with alecky grow shops are about the worst place to buy soil I just go to smaller hardware stores and buy pro-mix I don't even use cannabis nutrients either just a good nutrient you would use on most gardens and it does no worse then Advanced Nutrients Canna nutrients and soils are not necessary to grow great herb they just advertise like a bastard but use the same damn nutrients as grandmas fertilizers just not split up into several bottles of water mixed with nutes that they could put all in one bottle but they make too much money hustling us cause we can afford it. You won't see anyone growing veggies with them overpriced nutes and soils unless they have more money then brains.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:00 AM

overhyped, was too weak for my water with an ec of 0.1 - had to fertilize from 2nd week on

plagron makes better substrates