Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Default Opinions on Vertical Lighting?

So I've got a roughly 10x10 room I'm going to use for growing this winter. I'm thinking of doing vertical lighting. One or possibly two 1000w bulbs with the plants oriented around them. I'm growing some Sativa doms this season and I want to give them room to grow tall.

Opinions, pointers, tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

-B
Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 AM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

You know, I've been wondering if this orentation would divert the heat upward & away from the plants more. I'm interested in any method to keep heat to a minimum. I've been craving sativas lately. Guess its because there's no way in hell I can grow them out in a camper closet. Its true... we always want what we can't have! Ha! I want a really BIG puppy too! Burnese mountain dog! (Being a herding breed, its bred into them to not harm other animals. Cats are known to curl up & sleep on top of them. )
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 AM

Use two cool tubes stacked in line. If it is a large room and plants are not close to bulbs then you may not need cool tubes.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:57 AM

I'm just going to stick with standard horizontal lighting. More floor space for plants that way.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:09 AM

I recently switched to vert lighting. Honnestly I would never go back to horizontal.

I like stacked 1000 w on top 600w below. Kind of an upside down pyramid/cone of light.

Much better light penetration resulting in better buds from top to bottom. This means higher quality overall. Hardly any pop corn.

For sativa doms it would be perfect.

Its a really good for low plant count grows. The only drawback is that it uses more space than horizontal gardens.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbuds View Post
You know, I've been wondering if this orentation would divert the heat upward & away from the plants more. I'm interested in any method to keep heat to a minimum. I've been craving sativas lately. Guess its because there's no way in hell I can grow them out in a camper closet. Its true... we always want what we can't have! Ha! I want a really BIG puppy too! Burnese mountain dog! (Being a herding breed, its bred into them to not harm other animals. Cats are known to curl up & sleep on top of them. )
Burnese are sooo cute. They remind me of a giant cavalier.