Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Buzz View Post
Hi. I'm preparing to do a Hempy bucket on a couple of plants (Black Widow.)
With a lite perlite/vermiculite medium, will I be able to put a wooden stake in the bucket for support, or will it not hold it securely?
Tomato cages work quite well too.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM

Thank you guys. Now I have a question on PH. I am in my first week and waiting for the roots to hit the reservoir. I've been adding 1/4 teaspoon of Maxibloom, and set my PH to 6.2 as per Hempy's instructions. I checked my run off PH the other day - 6.2 in and 6.8 coming out. I'm assuming the the solution's PH in the reservoir drifted back up. What should the reservoir PH be, and should I be concerned that is its higher?

I read a thread on Hempy Buckets on another site, that said to set PH to about 5.9, which allows for PH drift, and that this allows the plant to absorb nutrients that are only available at a certain range. It was also stated that if your PH coming out is lower than what you are putting in, then that means you are overfeeding. Is this true? I've been a lifelong soil grower, and this is new to me.

I read this thread up to page 35 and got tired of reading fights, and then started at page 99 and working my way back to 85 before I saw fights again. Lots of solid advice and knowledge on here.

Last edited by Music Buzz; 01-10-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM

Exclamation Discarding Perlite Without Drawing Attention

Quote:
Hi. I'm preparing to do a Hempy bucket on a couple of plants (Black Widow.)
With a lite perlite/vermiculite medium, will I be able to put a wooden stake in the bucket for support, or will it not hold it securely? I use soil at the moment, and have to carry my pots out of a closet for care, so I can't fasten any plants to a wall with string.

Since I don't reuse my soil, I figure it will be easier to discard perlite than heavy bags of soil at the end of my grow. But mainly 'm excited to try a new technique that may increase yield and eliminate some of the soil issues I've had. Thanks.

P.S. My SSHs stretch so much, I'm wondering if a 3 gallon Hempy Bucket can handle a top heavy 5 foot plant?
Your Plans Sound Fine And I Wish You All The Best This Season. When I Lived In British Columbia The Two Biggest Headaches Between Grows Were Disposing 2-3 Garbage Bags Of Dried Fan Leaves , And Also Perlite.
All It Takes Is A Nosey Cop To Spot Your Raised Beds In Your Garden Have Lots Of Expensive Perlite To Ask For A Search Warrant
Dig A Hole And Bury Your Excess Perlite , Or Take To Recycling Depot And Straight Into Misc Waste
I've Always Used These Precautions Since A Fellow Grower Friend Of Mine Was Busted Back In The Late 80's
Starting Afresh Is'nt All Bad After All
Peace
JKP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you guys. Now I have a question on PH. I am in my first week and waiting for the roots to hit the reservoir. I've been adding 1/4 teaspoon of Maxibloom, and set my PH to 6.2 as per Hempy's instructions. I checked my run off PH the other day - 6.2 in and 6.8 coming out. I'm assuming the the solution's PH in the reservoir drifted back up. What should the reservoir PH be, and should I be concerned that is its higher?

I read a thread on Hempy Buckets on another site, that said to set PH to about 5.9, which allows for PH drift, and that this allows the plant to absorb nutrients that are only available at a certain range. It was also stated that if your PH coming out is lower than what you are putting in, then that means you are overfeeding. Is this true? I've been a lifelong soil grower, and this is new to me...
As long as your ph is within the range of 5.4 - 6.2 then you're good to go. Hempy mixes his canna nutes he doesn't have to adjust ph because it falls bang on 6.2 which is within the range and he is happy with 6.2.

It's perfectly natural for your run off to be higher. I'm not sure, but I think it's because your perl/verm mix has neutral ph of 7.5, so as a lower ph'd solution filters through your medium, it will inevitably rise. I've read that if your runoff is lower than what goes in then you could have salt build up issues. However, this has never happened to me with hempy buckets.

Just remember to water just a little around the stem daily until roots hit the res. When you notice explosive growth then you can assume that the roots are in the res and then you wanna water til run off every couple of days. After a short while you'll be able to read the plants.

GM1
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 AM

I'm in my second week of flowering a Black Widow using a Hempy bucket, and I must say, I am very impressed. The growth and the size of the main stem are dwarfing my other BW cloned plants that are using Roots Organic soil. Even the individual leaves are much wider than her sister plants. Using Hempy's perlite to vermiculite ratio. I started using GH Maxi- Grow, and then ten days into flower I switched to Maxi-Bloom, seven grams. I may have to dial back the nutes a bit, as I noticed some yellowed edges and yellow spots on some of the fan leaves. Using 2.25 gallon bucket, watering every other day. Keeping ph from 5.7 to 6.2.

Thank you for your advice on this method. Been doing soil for years with sporadic success, and the Hempy bucket has made life easier. Will see how the smell and taste are affected. Starting six more Hempy buckets with BW and Critical Mass. I have an 18 week SSH that I'd like to try too.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM

big up to hempy for finally getting a mention in soft secrets Spain. after 10 years of reading this magazine the hempie buckets finally get a mention! pretty close to the original hempy recipe.... hope to see a whole new generation of growers embracing the buckets

bless up yourself dude wherever you are
easy vibes seein hempy?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
...I'm wondering if a 3 gallon Hempy Bucket can handle a top heavy 5 foot plant?
Here's a 3gal HB in coco. She's 8 weeks 12/12 and over 5ft tall. I use bamboos like this...

I like this shot. It shows frosty donkey dicks...

I hope she's ready ina week's time.

GM1
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
Here's a 3gal HB in coco. She's 8 weeks 12/12 and over 5ft tall. I use bamboos like this...

I like this shot. It shows frosty donkey dicks...

I hope she's ready ina week's time.

GM1
nice shots! seems ive seen them somewhere recently.. Those are truly some trees man. hope all has been well. doesnt look like much is going on over here anymore

Mattkilla420's Hempy Bucket grow!!{OLD}

"All you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be."-
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 PM

Giving it a go with hempys for the first time this week. Going to be using coco as the main medium with a few inches of perlite in the bottom. 5 plants in 5 gallon buckets around vertical 1000w hps. These have all vegged a few months and been used as bonsai mothers. I will use botanicare pure blend pro as nutes. Will update with pics when ready.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 AM

I decided to do the grumpy OG Hempy justice and make my buckets as instructed and use the vermiculite instead of coco as the wicking medium. I bought the chunky fox farm perlite and will use that at the bottom in the resevior along with mixing with vermiculite in the upper part.