Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM

UPDATE 3 DAY 11 VEG

Today the two center clones were feed Canna Substra at a concentration of 10ml/Gal. The other 4 clones received Substra Vega, piranhna, tarantula, Voodoo Juice, and Mykos.

The clones are approxiamately 10" tall, I should be able to start flowering around day 21 of veg - they are growing 1" per day.

Straight from the Shire

Frodo
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred85 View Post
...So for any other new growers like me, who are intrested in learning a really great way to grow, give the Hempy a try. How could you be dissapointed with those results...
Nice post BR, and very nice Hempy buckets you got there too mate, they look real bushy. Did you top or fim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodobagins View Post
UPDATE 3 DAY 11 VEG...
Nice update frodo. Your Hempy's are coming along real fine too mate. Are you gonna do any LST or topping/fimming?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM

ganga,

I really don't do any LST'ing or training, probably could get bigger yeilds if I did.

Only thing I plan to do is to remove all of the leaves from the lower third of the plant early in the second week of flowering.

Frodo
Old 11-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

Its cool. We all have our grow styles and I still think your experiment rocks dude
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Bigred85

@ Ganga Man 1, Thanks for the kind words mate.

I'm having trouble deciding where to/whether to top. the plants are branching off into multiple heads by themselves, and I'm planning on getting them upto around 5 to 6 foot, once flowered. They'll be VScrogged around an 18" floor fan, with either 2x600 flip-flopped, or 850 watts(600 on top, 250 blue on bottom).
I'm currently nearing the end of my first try out with vert, and even though I have grown my plants badly, wind burn't, nute burn't, light burn't...I'm quite confident that I'll have the best harvest yet.
Buds are all a good size, and light penetration is incomparible to horizontal. I can't wait to get the hempy's in there.

Cheers BR
Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred85 View Post
@ Ganga Man 1, Thanks for the kind words mate...
No probs man, us Hempy growers gotta stick together!

As regards to topping/fimming, personally I only fim once in my grow cycle, and that's when the plants are about 10" tall. Seeing as your plants are looking great and you seem to know what you're doing, I'd leave them alone and not fim or top at this stage, especially if you're gonna flower them soon.

I'd recommend Frodo to fim all his crop right now in order to encourage side branching. Then a week after the fim, chop off the big fat fan leaves. But hey, he's got it in his head how he's gonna do his experiment so I'm just gonna take a back seat and watch whilst munchin on some popcorn.

Oh boy this is all exciting stuff. Hempy buckets rule and I don't care what anybody says. Look how this thread is still going strong after all this time. No other thread on this forum can boast 500+ hits.

Peace
GM1
Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 PM

UPDATE 4 DAY 13 VEG

Today the two center clones were feed Canna Substra at a concentration of 10ml/Gal. The other 4 clones received Substra Vega, piranhna, tarantula, Voodoo Juice, and Mykos.

The clones are approxiamately 11" tall.

Ganga I'll keep your topping suggestions in mind, sounds like another experiment to me. The reason I dont top the prophets is because they like to grow
forming a giant hog leg type cola. I am far to scared to sacrifice the yield by attempting to spread that growth out over several equally sized flowering sites.

Generally, I only top when I have tall plants 3 feet or higher in veg. The reason for this is that genrally growing indoors plants 3 - 6 feet high do not have the root mass they would have growing outdoors. That means they dont have the metabolic stores to flower to its full potential. You counter that by topping 8 or so inches prior to flowering. That way the transport pathway to the flowering sites is much shorter and you get fuller blooms.

Frodo

Last edited by Frodobagins; 11-05-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Question...if I may.

I live in the states...so I assume Substra is the Canna choice. There is a soft and hard water version. My water is .6ec. Is that hard? Does it make a difference?

I want to give the canna line a go....but I want to order the right one. I don't grow with much runoff, if any in my Hempys.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowman View Post
Question...if I may.

I live in the states...so I assume Substra is the Canna choice. There is a soft and hard water version. My water is .6ec. Is that hard? Does it make a difference?

I want to give the canna line a go....but I want to order the right one. I don't grow with much runoff, if any in my Hempys.
Hi Lowman. Your best bet is to check with your water company (you know, the people who sends you the water bills lol). Tell then the area you live in and tell them some bullshit about your kettle's limescale or something. I don't think that ec has anything to do with it but don't quote me on this.
Also, the type of water in your area/zip code (whether hard or soft) should be available online google search. Hope this helps.

Peace
GM1
Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Thanks. I already checked for our water report. They will only publish bacteria and chlorine levels. According to Canna's austrailian fed schedule....the Canna Hydro(classic,Substra) hard water line is defaulted to .6ec when you click on it. That tells me I am hard water.

I currently use coco for the most part in my hempys...but I am experimenting with perlite hempys. I do not add cal/mag very often cause my water seems to have enough.

So I guess my question would be....why would the Canna Substra(hydro, classic) be better in a coco hempy than the canna coco line? I didn't notice if the canna coco line was for RTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
Hi Lowman. Your best bet is to check with your water company (you know, the people who sends you the water bills lol). Tell then the area you live in and tell them some bullshit about your kettle's limescale or something. I don't think that ec has anything to do with it but don't quote me on this.
Also, the type of water in your area/zip code (whether hard or soft) should be available online google search. Hope this helps.

Peace
GM1