Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 AM

..please hvae a look and maybe send a mail to Corey at Blueplanetnutrients.com...i went from AN to BPN..awsome product the BPN..

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:51 AM
hempy

CANNA Classic

This nutrient has won more championships than any other hydroponic nutrient – including gold at the Holland’s Growers Festival!
CANNA Classic has an awesome reputation among countless growers worldwide. Use for plants grown in all inert hydroponic mediums and systems, recirculating or non-recirculating.

The CANNA Classic nutrient line, made distinctive by the colour green, was developed for so called inert mediums. These mediums do not provide the plant with nutrients, nor do they take them away from the plant. As a consequence, all of the necessary nutrients must be added to the irrigation water. The fertilisers in the CANNA Classic line are particularly suitable for plants growing in rockwool, glass wool, perlite, clay pebbles and other similar mediums.

These award winning two part nutrients direct from Holland are formulated after extreme scientific trials to suit growing under HID lighting where the ultimate in growth rates and yield are desired. CANNA Vega and CANNA Flores have an awesome reputation amongst countless growers and are undoubtedly the most popular hydroponic nutrients in the world today. The CANNA Classic nutrient line is uniquely crafted for use with tap water. As a result, CANNA Classic nutrients prevent accumulation of salts from tap water, which are damaging to the plant and the environment. CANNA Vega and CANNA Flores contain everything the plants need, guaranteeing maximum yields. They can be used in both recirculating and non-recirculating systems.

No additives just the nutrients is all you need.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 AM
wanagrowbigbud

Great post Hempy ! I am going to try this next run.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1095-post1.html

Thank you
Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 PM

See...I figured that's why Hempy sets his pH at 6.2. It's because his pH drifts down while the bucket wicks up an adjustment.

As per the manufacturer, Canna Flores is a 6 part system, just like DM Gold:

You can choose to use only the A&B parts with either brand but I bet that CF has Ammoniacal Nitrogen in it because they include an enzyme based product in their line-up. You have to have it in there because plants do not absorb AN. Enzymes convert it to Nitrate, then the plants absorb it. If the enzyme is not there then the AN gets left behind and the pH will crash, crash, crash! MFG's never tell you that because it would be an admonishment of guilt that they don't use expensive Nitrates but sell you 2 bottles and tell you to make it yourself. They always say that it converts dead root cells into nutrients which makes people think that they don't really need it when they do but they don't know that because they have been deceived as to it's actual function.

I was not able to find a nitrogen analysis on the Canna Flores is why I betted and not facted but if they want you to put enzymes/beneficial bacteria in there, I'm pretty sure that it's going to have AN in the A part.

This is hydro mistake #1 IMO. The formulas that are 100% Nitrate Nitrogen are few and far between. If you have Ammoniacal Nitrogen in your formula, you cannot sterilize your solution and you have to add enzymes or the pH will never be stable...ever! When I say stable, I mean that my hydro regularly goes 2 weeks or down to 20% of original volume with no adjustments and stays in range. Most are happy to get 2 or 3 days out of their pH adjustments but their formulas are still wrong. There is something in the formula that the plants cannot uptake when the pH crashes. What Hempy is doing is setting his pH high and letting it crash into place. No way does he get his results at a constant pH of 6.2 at the root zone. The Hempy bucket is not a hybrid of hydro/soil culture, it's hydro. Any formula will function the same with or without perlite. If your Hempy bucket is not working, it has nothing to do with the bucket, it's the formula. IMO, Hempy's formula works great but is not correct. His sativas are benefiting from the fact that there is little to no Nitrogen without the nitrification process taking place. Adding enzymes or beneficial bacteria at this point would probably have a negative impact on him since it would cause a major increase in the amount of Nitrogen in his regime and his sativas would probably not like it.

My advice to everybody is to use your nutes exactly like the MFG tells you to. I've seen many people deviate from the instructions without having ever followed them in the first place. I always feel like a sucker when the answer is to buy another bottle of stuff but IMO, ain't no 1 or 2 part formulas are going to give you pro results in a hydro. Sure Hempy gets pro results but an indica would suffer under those circumstances which is why I think allot of folks don't get Hempy's results when they replicate his regime. Feeding strongly will make things worse because when you feed lightly, what get's left behind is water and that helps to keep the pH up but if you feed strong, more AN gets left behind and the pH will need adjusting by days end.

Peace.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Good Stuff Cannatari.

With the Hempy bucket it's important to water enough to get significant runoff at least every couple waterings or so. This keeps the res at the bottom from getting too far out of whack.

I've been using 7ml GH FloraMicro and 11ml GH FloraBloom (no FloraGro) adding a little calmag+ every couple waterings. It's been working most excellently (cue Bill & Ted guitar riff).

My ph is usually about 5.8 going in. I haven't been checking the runoff as it's been working so well. I'll check it tonight and see what's coming out.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Hiya, Wonkadonk. Sounds like the Lucas Formula you're using. More pot has been grown with those nutes than any other, hands down.

Notice that it's very low in AN:

Peace.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 AM
hempy

Quote:
cannatari posted-See...I figured that's why Hempy sets his pH at 6.2. It's because his pH drifts down while the bucket wicks up an adjustment.
No i mix as directed by the instructions and end up with 6.2 pH which is in the recommended pH range my waters a 7ph and the 6.2 pH is what i end up with and i am happy with.

Perlite does not wick coco does perlite floats so how does it have any wicking property's ?.

The plant uses whats in the internal rez first and then sucks what is left in the top layers of medium that is trapped in the layers of medium.

Coco absorbs nutrient rich water and once the rez is used up the plant will suck the coco dry to.

That is why i tell people to add perlite or clay rocks or coco chips or even gravel in the rez when using coco core as it stays to wet/slushy as it wont drain down as the medium needs to and it remains wet like mud.

Quote:
cannatari posted-Sure Hempy gets pro results but an indica would suffer under those circumstances which is why I think allot of folks don't get Hempy's results when they replicate his regime.
No your wrong again cannatari i have grown indicas and indica heavy lines and they grow out real nice and healthy the reason why some people get terrible results is they dont follow the basic formula i have given people i my self use.

I dont know why but so many people just need to feel important and have this need to prove i am wrong or prove there spin on this is better fine but dont blame me if there results suck.

I put years into experimenting fine tuning this and yes its a simple method but its affective i still use it because it gives results its not because i am a lazy grower.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 AM

I've never seen such vigor, its like they double in size every night.

NL5/Haze x AK47 with a 5 gl hempy using 100% coco with pearlite resv, a 10' ceiling, 1k. They are 24 days from seed-pre-soak. I did NOT pot up, switched to hempy a week before they were to go into ebb and flow and just went with it! Controllable monsters is what I want.

Last edited by HazyDayz; 10-27-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM

canna coco a/b
rhizatonic
cannazyme
cal/mag+
drip clean

I keep bumping the ppm and they keep liking it. They will be getting 1280 ppm to today.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
CANNA Classic

This nutrient has won more championships than any other hydroponic nutrient – including gold at the Holland’s Growers Festival!
CANNA Classic has an awesome reputation among countless growers worldwide. Use for plants grown in all inert hydroponic mediums and systems, recirculating or non-recirculating.

The CANNA Classic nutrient line, made distinctive by the colour green, was developed for so called inert mediums. These mediums do not provide the plant with nutrients, nor do they take them away from the plant. As a consequence, all of the necessary nutrients must be added to the irrigation water. The fertilisers in the CANNA Classic line are particularly suitable for plants growing in rockwool, glass wool, perlite, clay pebbles and other similar mediums.

These award winning two part nutrients direct from Holland are formulated after extreme scientific trials to suit growing under HID lighting where the ultimate in growth rates and yield are desired. CANNA Vega and CANNA Flores have an awesome reputation amongst countless growers and are undoubtedly the most popular hydroponic nutrients in the world today. The CANNA Classic nutrient line is uniquely crafted for use with tap water. As a result, CANNA Classic nutrients prevent accumulation of salts from tap water, which are damaging to the plant and the environment. CANNA Vega and CANNA Flores contain everything the plants need, guaranteeing maximum yields. They can be used in both recirculating and non-recirculating systems.

No additives just the nutrients is all you need.
Wow thats amazing, simply amazing info Hempy. Canna Classic isnt available in the United States, I believe Canna Substra is the same product.

Last edited by Frodobagins; 10-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.