Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Default Persistent low pH in effluent

I hope someone can help me with acidic runoff from coco hempy buckets in my Angel's Breathe grow. Due to a bad pH pen I was feeding some of my plants nutes at pH 4.3 when I was intending pH 5.9. This resulted in yellow and brown spotting and drying out of older fan leaves as macronutrients were locked out. I flushed everything and monitored EC and pH of the effluent...two plants continue to have very acidic drainage of around 4.2 - 4.6 even after flushing, a lot, and then feeding with pH 6.2 solution. The other plantso are doing great and effluent pH is similar to what I'm feeding them but these two plants take pH 6.2 at the top and drain out pH 4.3 at the bottom. These plants also are showing yellow brown spotting and drying of fan leaves again. I've flushed with pH 6.2 tap water, pH 6.2 CaMg solution, and pH 6.2 nutes and the drainage remains acidic. I don't understand what's happening in the root zone but I don't think it's good.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-15-2017, 03:45 PM

first off, dont know much of cocos but here are some thoughts

flushing with plain tap water with even higher Ph
also thinking if the cocos is soaked with ph4.3 the moment you start flushing maybe they wont release all moist out of the cocos?

maybe a transplant? or replacing (some) cocos?

hope you find the solution
Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 PM

I am sure that it's a great stuff.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:08 PM

What stage are plants at, still in veg? Veg, try cal-mag roots and silica around .7ec 50% runoff.. if flower and continuing, you could always turn it into dtw, drill some holes and feed the plants.. did you let them dry out at some point?
Edit,I saw broken pen.. i can't recommend the drops enough. Once you start them, it's an easier reading.. pens break but we still try and add mls of ph down, lol..

Last edited by Growstone; 02-20-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:59 AM

The way i understand it....there is standing water left in the bottom 2 inches and this wicks up through the soil? Water just once a week? Or as needed....