Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:12 AM

Thanks for the link GM.. I always thought Hempy just was using Perlite and vermiculite.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post

Coco ain't messy at all really. Much cleaner than soil anyway. Try it, you'll like it
Megawatts (whom I view as a gifted Wizard ...an idol of mine he is) has said that a few years back he made the switch over to Coco-coir and has never gone back to peat.Peat is messy...albeit a treasure trove of fungi...it's dusty when you dial it in and it pulls in gnats if overwatered (and spikes pH!).

These hempy methods are really neat!
Surely something to look at for the avid mickey-mouser
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Banned

Hi Tapi. You're right. MW grows mega weed. And I'm a mickey mouser that grows weed like this too...

If I can do it anyone can.

I'm gonna flip the hb's I got going in veg atm. Can't wait til that finishes as its gonna be my last grow for a while.

@BullDogDad. Your od hb's are really nice. I bet you can't wait til they finish

Last edited by ganja man1; 08-08-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 PM

wow ganja man1;
you get that kind of gnarly top action under a 400W?
Flawless victory!!!!

I am envious of your sorcery as well

I hope you will only put your garden aside for a temporary moment and that all is well on your end.Sometimes people need a break from their routines and rituals and that's that.

Peace g_m1 !
Thanks for sharing your hempy buckets experience with us (your Shark thread was fun too) and thanks for inspiring all who dream to go big with "smaller" lamps (just a figure of speech...400W can be pretty bright !)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 AM

Location: I live where the dolphins jump, the whales blow, the lobsters crawl and fresh tuna jump into ur boat

GM those are insane spears!! As you may know I am starting an indoor grow and now am thinking I should follow the Hempy method as well or at least add some of the hempy buckets to my usual soil buckets....
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Banned

I have just flipped these 4 bushes...

In a 3x3 space atm under the 250. In about 10 days they'll be in a 4x3 space under the 400w. They'll love that extra space coz its a bit crowded atm.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM

Thanks GanjaMan. Those MW grew great but I ended up losing them to the cold. I got lazy and didn't take measure to protect them. They made some heady oil though.

I used the small perlite but I've started to see people are using the larger perlite chunks. Seems like the larger chucks might drain a little better. Anybody have a preference for one or the other? Hempy where you at?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Hempy is semi retired I do believe, taking things easy and resting with a phat mango haze hanging from his mouth lol.

Now then, these hb's are stretching under the 250. Just 12 days since the flip and already they're throwing out some decent baby bud...

After I've harvested the rest of the 400w cab tonight, these will be taking their place.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 PM

Default This perlite is too small, this perlite is too big......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDogDad View Post

I used the small perlite but I've started to see people are using the larger perlite chunks. Seems like the larger chucks might drain a little better. Anybody have a preference for one or the other? Hempy where you at?

Man i miss hempy... Hope your doing well sir wherever you are!!

The huge xlarge perlite is too chunky imo... Big gaps and it dries out insanely fast.. Probably would be ok if you mix vermiculite with it...

I run straight perlite... The large size... Its nice and chunky so its not dusty and doesnt fly around out of the pots but small enough to create a solid rootzone...

Mother nature (or maybe mother earth) size 3 to be exact... Size 4 is too big and size 2 makes a big mess... 3 is perfect...

20oz cup of root of a recently pulled male:

Nice plants as always ganja bud

Og
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM

I agree .. would like to see Hempy posting again.