Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 01:20 PM

Question Finish him!!

Lol mortal combat was a fun game during my childhood so I figured it was an appropriate title for the thread. So I want to know EVERYONE'S thoughts on finishing your cannabis. Usually I end up with white hairs and not totally mature trichs. I know issues during the grow can extend the time it takes to mature, but I want to know what people do to help finish their plants. I have heard of shortening the lights on time period. People flush out their medium. Raise lights/ lower intensity. Lower temps. Add blue light. Lower rh? So what do you do and for how long prior to the chop. Thanks in advance for all of you suggestions. Obviously this will mostly come down to one's opinion so please if you disagree pm me about it. I will determine what I feel is accurate or not. So let's keep it friendly
Old 06-15-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezy View Post
Lol mortal combat was a fun game during my childhood so I figured it was an appropriate title for the thread. So I want to know EVERYONE'S thoughts on finishing your cannabis. Usually I end up with white hairs and not totally mature trichs. I know issues during the grow can extend the time it takes to mature, but I want to know what people do to help finish their plants. I have heard of shortening the lights on time period. People flush out their medium. Raise lights/ lower intensity. Lower temps. Add blue light. Lower rh? So what do you do and for how long prior to the chop. Thanks in advance for all of you suggestions. Obviously this will mostly come down to one's opinion so please if you disagree pm me about it. I will determine what I feel is accurate or not. So let's keep it friendly
I like to finish with a flawless victory...
Old 06-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Light hours. I almost always run 11/13 or something similar. This is helpful with NLD varieties (Sativas) especially IME. Right now I'm at 9/15, finishing up for the summer. I've heard of people running whole grows at 6/18 with no real problems, though that is more extreme than I've ever tried.

Having healthy roots when going into flowering is mandatory if you are going to have great results... recently House and Garden changed their formula Roots Excelurator; I didn't change my routine. 5 months after starting the bottle, I'm NOW finally seeing the end of the damage I caused not paying attention. Pay Attention!
good luck weezy.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM

When I was doing indoor grows, I mostly focused on flushing any residual nutes. I'd use plain tap water - or rain water if available - for the last ten-fourteen days or so. I'd then chop when the plants looked done (trichs turning amber) but also when the 'soil' medium (Pro-Mix plus more perlite) was looking and feeling 'thirsty'. I'd keep two dehumidifiers on at full blast, all through flowering. 35% RH was about as dry as I could keep my space, and that was hell on my contact lenses. but the plants never got the rot.

I think I did one run, where I cut off the lights for 24 hours before killing the crop, but IDK if that really matters? I usually ran the lights at 1000w (or 1100w) at 12 on / 12 off right up to game day.

I try to think about what occurs in nature, and replicating that as much as practical. If the sun went out for 24 hours, things would be bad, real bad I can't imagine plants would like that?

Anyway I'm pretty much an indoor growing newbie, so bear that in mind when reading my advice.

Good luck and happy growing!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the posts guys. Starting at the half way mark of flower so for me that's day 35 I reduced the amount of lights on by 15 minutes per week. I have also tried to keep the temps low 72 lights on 64 lights off for the last week or so. As I feel like this happens when fall approaches. I don't think extended dark periods make much difference then maybe shocking your plant and causing it to produce resin/hermi although the hermi wouldn't have time to seed the plant. I think 8/16 the last 3-5 days might be another option for those that like dark periods at the end. I also try to keep my a.c. on as it lowers rh been between 55-42 recently which makes me a little nervous. I do have alot of exhaust and air flow though.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the posts guys. Starting at the half way mark of flower so for me that's day 35 I reduced the amount of lights on by 15 minutes per week. I have also tried to keep the temps low 72 lights on 64 lights off for the last week or so. As I feel like this happens when fall approaches. I don't think extended dark periods make much difference then maybe shocking your plant and causing it to produce resin/hermi although the hermi wouldn't have time to seed the plant. I think 8/16 the last 3-5 days might be another option for those that like dark periods at the end. I also try to keep my a.c. on as it lowers rh been between 55-42 recently which makes me a little nervous. I do have alot of exhaust and air flow though.
Sounds very close to what im shootin for in my room. Nicely dialed in environment. If you cant lower your rh maybe consider a little silica if you dont already...
Old 06-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Thanks cc I use silica as ph up in my feedings as it's usually low on the ph. I also use in it my foilar spray during veg to raise the leaf surface ph mold and pm have a more difficult time reproducing on a alkaline surface. Thanks for the tip
Old 06-16-2014, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks cc I use silica as ph up in my feedings as it's usually low on the ph. I also use in it my foilar spray during veg to raise the leaf surface ph mold and pm have a more difficult time reproducing on a alkaline surface. Thanks for the tip
CLEARLY you're all over it