Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 AM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being
Default My Camper Closet Grow.

Grow area, 2'x4', max plant height at finish, 2 1/2' . Veg under fluorescents, cool whites. Soils: pro-mix (standard) as seed starter till app. 2 wks old, then into pro-mix organics untill app 2 wks into flower, final transplant into Fox Farms ocean forest. I leave under cool whites for the first two wks of flowering because plants stretch less with cool light (blue spectrum) & warm lights (red spectrum) encourages stretch.
Shov, this info is for you! My bf is ordering me something early for christmas! Its a 6 tube T5 fixture complete with tubes!!!! The thing that will slow me down is cutting the lumber outside in the cold to build the cabinet around it. Hard to maneuver with arthritis & a cane in the cold, but hope to have it together in time to finish 1st grow it. If not, I can manage in the closet. Two beds in back bedroom, taking one out for grow cabinet. Now, on to nutes. Bills perfect fertilizer for veg, Tiger Bloom for flower & alternating big bloom throughout. I go light on the added nutes when using such rich soils, but I do foliar feed weekly, therefore, no nute burns nor deficiencies for me, but nice lush growth. Also keep them close enough to fluorescents to keep compact, close internodes. Hate stretched spindly plants of any kind. Will expound on lighting later, as of now that's subject to change.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 AM

Yea! Seeds arrived, everything on soil heating mat till up to temp. Soaking seeds, then direct sow. Soak: 4 oz water, 2 drops big bloom (fox farms). This is for the hormones that occur naturally in the organics big bloom is made from. Encourages females, enhances root formation. Expect germ in 24-36 hrs (love my heating mats!)

P.S. (BG X BB) X BG

Last edited by catbuds; 11-19-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Thumbs up

Hi Cat,
good news good luck with your endeavors.

grow on
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM

Fell asleep watching movie, so beans soaked 12 hrs. One poped. Now all are in tank on heat mat. Can't wait to start watching these awesome genetics work their magic! Yea for magic beans!

Now, on to learning how to post pics with this stupid smart phone! Hahaha!

Thanks Pcragz!

Last edited by catbuds; 11-19-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 PM

Good luck with your grow! Waiting for seeds to pop is the only part that I hate

Subbed, I'll be watching

Dreamtime 2013
Grail Widow Test
My First Scrog
Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 PM

sounds like you got things down pat kitty cat!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 PM

Waiting.....waiting.....Waiting...... ugh! Now I know what an expectant father feels like, pacing the waiting room floor! Another thing about waiting... THE CURE! I'm always pinching that jar before its time. Patience is NOT my virtue! LOL!

TAPIOCA, I have a friend that always calls me kitty cat. I was just thinkng about her before I hopped on my thread. How weird is that? Nana nana (music from the twilight zone) Hahaha!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Thumbs up

Im sure it will be worth the wait Cat - cant keep my mitts outta the jar too LoL

what is it you are growing again ?

grow on
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 AM

Growing in a camper sounds pretty cool. I lived in one for a while when I was a kid. We didn't have room for a grow though. Good luck with them. It sounds like you have the skills and love to treat them righteous!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 AM

See I somehow lost 2 post?? Anyway, its a bubble gum blueberry hybrid my friend grew, original seeds were mns. Not sure of actual names, but in those families. Then that was crossed back to the buble gum type one, so what I have are the first run seeds from the second cross. Should be butt kickin'! Have no other choice but to be sweet!
-- 2 up in 24 hrs. Not bad. Was hoping to beat my record, but that was kind of a 'cheat'. I use soil heating mats. Soil was potted, heated on mat, ( I soak 2 hours, then direct seed into warmed soil), I took my warmed water to the momma plant, popped the seeds directly into the warm water & planted into that perfectly warmed soil. That made a big difference in germ time. Rare thing to get to plant that fresh too.
-- Living in a camper is ok for one person, 2 cats & a dog. But if I had 1 more person in here, I'd have to kick them out in the cold to have room for my grow! Hey, plants & animals come first. Need my care & attention. People are on their own! ~~~ Peace! ~~~