Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 09:23 PM

a yogurt cup grow contest? nope, ain't seen it. I haven't done any of those things. They are very cool to see though and I wish you luck if you get one started for that. They have had shotglass grown bud contests there before, I believe it was 'there'.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:51 AM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

I went back & tried to find the yogurt contest thing & couldn't. Too many forums I guess.
-- Well, not a damned thing wrong with the timer, it was me! Meant to set it for 7 am - 1am, but must have clicked one time too many & it was set to turn off at 2am.
-- Lights came yesterday, couldn't stop pukeing long enough to set them up & then it rained all day today. Guess it wilk be tomorrow, but its suposed to be cold! Ugh!
-- I LOVE clay pots & old Italian ones are the best. So durable. Getting hard to find good ones anymore. Got a bunch from walmarts a few years back, end of season sale. Stored them in the garage, DRY, thinking I would have them for spring. When I went to get them they had all crumbled up to clay flakes when they froze! So the cheap ones aren't wirth getting. Maybe its just walmarts. Ya get what ya pay for!
-- Shovel, I just can't get over the three indica phenos! Leaves so wide they're ruffled. All 10 are really pretty, but those three scream 'look at me!' Hope one of those is a male. Those are the three I'll want to breed. I can already tell this is a strain I want to keep going. I'll be hitting them with ethlene soon, so if no males, I'll clone those three untill I do get a male.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 AM

Tapioca, that's a nice looking amaryllis (spelling. Ugrr! Spell check doesn't work when you want it to!) That looks like a good clay pot too. It was fired well, not chalky & porus looking like the cheaply made ones you usually find now a days. I guess people forgot plant roots need to breathe. They definitely forgot about quality craftmanship! If I was still taking pottery or had my own wheel & kiln, I'd make my own pots.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:39 PM

I have seen beer cup contests but not yogurt.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Found it! I was sure it wasn't ICmag since I rarely go ther, but there it was! I think things like this are fun, but can't compete cause I can't post pics, but I'm doing it just for fun as soon as I get things organized!
-- Babies are picking up speed. Will have to do first topping soon so they don't out grow my space at finish. VERY close internodes for now (1/4") but expecting that to change really quick! I like this tight growth in seedlings, tends to make stronger stems. I'm in sm 8oz styro cups for root restriction. Was going to finish in 1gal nursery pots, but after seeing pics from 'the yogurt cup challange', I'm thinking no larger than 1/2gal nursery pots, maybe even the large party cups. I'll let the plants dictate. I won't restrict roots to the detriment of the plants, but I do like the idea of the 'macro grow'. Even stealthier than SOG. Should work perfect in my set up.

Last edited by catbuds; 12-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Well I have the flu, its been snowing, raining, snowing so I didn't think cutting lumber in that mess while sick was a good idea, so I topped my plants instead! Yeah, what ever it takes to keep them fitting in their current space. They were already starting to side branch at 2 1/2 weeks old, so now they'll probably end up being much wider that they are tall, little fatties! These little suckers are robust. Root restriction & easy on the nitrogen wasn't slowing them down at all! Some of the lower branches look like they will have enough substance to become clones. That's kind of unusual to see on plants so young under the old T8's. There's no room in the closet to add the cfl's, so I'm hoping this weather settles down & lets me go out to cut lumber to finish my cabinet. Cant wait to get these babies under the new T5's & some cfl underlighting! One good feeding & they should really take off. One week of T5's on 18/6, then another topping & on to 12/12!
Old 12-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Location: I live where the dolphins jump, the whales blow, the lobsters crawl and fresh tuna jump into ur boat

Catbuds, I've been following your post for a while now and see that Tapioca, Arpege and a few others have posted here and given some great input. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to show us some pics It's killing me not to be able to see what's up!!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM

Ahhh, Cavedweller. I've been trying to figure out how to upload pics from this cell ph ever since I got it. I did however, get a photobucket account. Still can't figure out how to post pics from there either. There's only one pic there & it was taken 1 wk ago today. They were 2 wks old. Here's what I go to, to upload pics: catbuds.18128@uploads.photobucket.com. Don't know if you can access that or not. Thought it might be worth a try. They've grown 2 sets of leaves since then & been topped. Taking another pic tonight. I checked out the thread for uploading, & that's totally for computers & doesn't apply to cells at all. When I went into pb to view my album, pic was blured, but its nice & sharp on my ph. Don't know what's up with that. Do you know how to post from photobucket? I could really use some help with that. I really need a computer. Maybe next summer.
-- Thanks for checking out my thread! I'm not one to keep my logs 'clean', & I like it when people stop in to chat. I kinda turn my threads into a mini chat room & there's no such thing as 'off topic' with me!
-- I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think anybody with a photobucket account can view my pics...? Its free, quick & easy to set one up if you don't already have one. I'm hoping someone will give that a try & get back to me on how it went. Maybe I can get this pic thing figured out soon!

Well that doesn't work. Let me try something out & get back with how it went!

Last edited by catbuds; 12-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 AM

Ok. I've got the right link now, but when I post, the entire address won't go pink, so when you click on it, it only uses half the address (the pink part), & that makes it not work. The only way I know for you guys to see the pics is to leave the forum & enter the whole thing manually. Believe me, I totally understand if its too much of a pain to bother. Especially since they're only seedlings just entering that lush veg growth stage. Now when they go into flower, that's a different story! Here's the link

http:/s984.photobucket.com/albums/ea327/catbuds/Mobile% 20Uploads/? Action=view&current=20131211 183959zps3ad20eb3.jpg

What a pain! LOL!

P.S. there's a space between the last #'s on the first line & the first group on the second line.

Ok guys. Technical difficulties. That link isn't working. I'll play around with it tomorrow & hopefully make this work.

Last edited by catbuds; 12-12-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 PM

maybe you erased the [URL/] thing from the paste while typing?

(pardon my computer smarts)
Hope you feel better from that flu.
This time of year sucks

oh p.s.,thanks for saying my amaryllis was nice!