Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM

that sucks about losing posts.It happens…

oh well.Hey,I'm happy when you say you "have" a friend that calls you so; friendship is a very sacred thing…it can't endure like other kinds of love,ya dig?

I hope your seedlings surprise you soonly
Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 PM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

Yea! 6 in 36 hrs. 4 to go. Didn't beat my record, but still speedy! Now I'm back to waiting......waiting......waiting......

Last edited by catbuds; 11-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:47 AM

Well lost another post!? At another forum, when they disapear, they sometimes end up under another thread. ? But anyway...
--- 100% germination in under 44 hrs. Yea! Love my heating mat!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:30 AM

Mr.Nice's seeds are the standard that I compare other seed products to.

Glad to hear you see why
Old 11-23-2013, 10:19 PM

You guys will probably think I'm a terrible mother for even asking this: but am I the only one who thinks seedlings are just UGLY untill they start putting out true leaves? Hell, I think new born babies are ugly too, all red & wrinkled. They just look water logged & grumpy! Kittens & puppies are an exception though. They're always beautiful! LOL! I know, I'm weird (all my 'kids' have 4 feet & fur)!
-- So everything is going really great. Just waiting till the babies get 'beautiful' with some true leaves & lush growth.
-- Just something to share.... I usually don't have seedlings that have weak stems & fall over. But I attribute this to 2 things. Before they are ready for a real feeding, I apply a VERY diluted bloom food (1/8-1/4 strength), always organic. Higher phosphorus & potassium help grow roots & fatten stems. & I blow on them. Yep, that's right, I BLOW on them. Very gently, just enough to barely make them quiver, the slight, but rapid movement strengthens the stems. I know that's a very minimal amount of co2, but I'd like to think its enough to make at least a slight difference. I do this every time I look at them, & since I'm an obsessive mother, that's at least every 3-4 hours. I even did this back on 'the farm' when I would start 600 seeds for the outdoor grow in the woods! (My bf used to wonder why I always came out of the grow room out of breath, but I never told him).
-- Well it's time to breath on the babies again. I think they're sturdy enough now to even whistle them a tune! LOL!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Well, second leaf set unfurling & plumping up. Looking good, great color, strong stems. But no visable growth since I last looked an HOUR AGO! Bored+obsessive= impatience! LOL!
-- Broke my magnifying glass kinda took some of the fun out of 'observing'. So tempted to start more seeds to watch, but where would I put them? To little to transplant, to little to start pruning, watched all my movies, fat old lazy cats don't want to play, old dog's grumpy urrrgh... bored......
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM

Transplanted today, YEA!!! Looking so pretty, picking up speed, stocky sturdy little stems. Also went into closet today. After first topping they'll go into the new cabinet. Might let them veg a little longer than planned since they'll have so much more room to spread out. Things are going good!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM

How many seedlings are there now?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Hey Shov, planted 10 seeds, have all 10 pretty little things! Three are extremely indica phenos. I mean they look as indica as a maple leaf indica X NL I had a while back. My bff gave it too me when he made his last trip to the hospital a week & a half before he died. I had several clones from her, but they all got ripped. Ahh.. as long as 'the brothers' stay in jail, I have a 99% chance of actually getting to harvest my outdoor grow next fall.
-- I got a new digital timer, & I LOST the damned instructions to the thing. Cant get it programmed so I'm doing the lights manually. I swear I'm ready to slap the shit out of it! I'm going to make myself some coffee, go sit in the floor with it & piddle untill I either get it right, or get so pissed I smash it. Insomnia + temper... not a good combo. (Maybe sleep deprivation causes the temper. Seems to be the only time I loose it). Damned, I need some smoke to get some sleep.
-- Well the dog & both cats are getting agrivated with me. They DON'T have insomnia & they want to be left alone. They're sleeping, lucky little bastards! I now have a nasty little cat bite on my wrist, so guess I'll take the hint & go find something else to do, like work on that timer!

-- Shovel, you'll either get a kick out of this, or think I've lost my mind entirely. On another forum, they're having a bonsai contest. I'm too late to enter, but the rules say you have to grow it in a yogurt container, start to finish. I don't have a yogurt container, but I do have a collection of antique miniature Italian terracotta pots about that size, so I'm goning to try it out. So, sound like fun, or just pure insanity? LOL!

P.S. Shannon texted me the tracking # on the new lights. Fed ex will deliver Thursday!

Last edited by catbuds; 12-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbuds View Post
I do have a collection of antique miniature Italian terracotta pots about that size, so I'm goning to try it out.
Are you into planting bulbous plants by any chance?
I love clay.I hate plastic.I planted some tulips I lifted out a few weeks ago this morning in a plastic pot…I wish I had more clay.

Pottery was (and is!) essential for human evolution.(for drink,toiletries,agriculture).

This plant is finally starting to grow it's bud!I hope it gets enough light and it's o.k.,…,it's my first time planting this one.

Another one I'll plant as soon as I find some clay to pot in.

Yeah,good luck figuring out your timer!
I have a digital timer too…never got around to using it though.I like twisting and prodding at the round one…that cranking noise makes me happy