Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Cool dwc top feed sssdh,delahaze, mkage, northern lights blue

nHey guys I'm new to this forum I'm starting a grow journal on sssdh,mkage,northern lights blue and delahaze I'm using dwc top water feeder and a 4x4x7 grow tent with a six" and 4" exhaust fan using the bottle ice method for chiller and using apollo 12/8 led grow lights custimized and 96watts of cfl to fill in corner so that's 816wt of true watt so with five plants so tonight three have broke surface and now its waiting game feeding with technafloral reciepe for success been using this for year now and have used and have advanced nutes and I like the reciepe best have had blessed yields and beutiful plants with these nutes hope to keep this going every few days and hope to fim all plants maybe do sog or just tie down not sure yet so I give 40/45 day veg last grow veged way to long had monsters they were falling out the dwc bucket side ways from all the wieght scary when that happens so going try shorter veg with fiming the sativa should not reach the lights I had tie the last sativa down in three places cause the tops were at top of my tent over the lights so this is my second dwc grow hope it be more control this time lol
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM

good luck man. some nice strains. i grew that delahaze once. expect huge yields from her.

dont forget pictures speak a thousand words
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM

Cool

Ya I'm getting batteries but I'm ordering off the menue here first lol I've never grown any of shanti strains so I sending off for them soon but good news for today my two sssdh from connoisseur genitic popped so all five are up in sprouted so once I get camara sorted and beans ordered I'll post picks ya I'm thinking I'm going to fim and do scrog I know how to bend and handle pretty good so I figure five was perfect for this room I'm used running fifteen plants at time but I'm alittle tired all that work so I'm focusing more on less plants more watt per plant with these high yielders should be nice ya I seen delhaze shots with 12oz yields in five gallen dwc so I hope for good out come this round and by time I flower these girls I cut clones and start my other room it will be cold by then so electric won't be as bad, like during these summer days lol
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 AM

Cool

So today I checked all are up in perky just running a light aqua shield quarter strength its basically a clone starter real light feed it works great to get them started with out burning them but so far so good hope get picks up don't really want download off my phone just use my camara when I get batteries soon man I hope these are delicious strains I know that delhaze was crossed with lemon skunk and the last lemon skunk I had was awesome smoke so that what I'm hopeing for that lemon haze pheno aw can't wait I'm so glad I took the step in to this cultivateing world my last three years of growing has been wondurful experience and journey and its really my hobbie that puts me at ease and that's wonderful for all to try I find that you can learn something new everyday and that is what I look for this is my first all haze sativa infuelence grow but I started out growing bag seed sativa and found that a lot of them can go up to 14/15 weeks to bulk up so I tried a cross strain haze selection figuered about 11weeks for all should give me fat colas and more 50/50 trichs for that knock out full potential kick that's were I'm leanin towards anyone with any experience growing any of these fill free give me some knowledge especially on ppm for these girls I rather know the range ahead of time then take the chance and burn them its just that I've allways heard that sativa dom are picky eaters and they burn easy happy growing all
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 PM

Cool

So I just checked my girls everything running smooth my temps still little high around 91% but there's nothing I can do as I don't have ac for my tent its just going be tough to hold temp down through this heat at night I can run my ac colder to try keep cooler temperature but its veg time now so as long as they don't go over 91% then I'll be ok just keep a mist bottle ready keep them misted during the morning and evening that useully helps did last year but it takes about five bottles froze water aday to keep the rez down on my system I'll just feed light grow nute for now so they be ok one of my sssdh slow starter hope its not runt but the northern light blue showing fat leaf allready so its got more indica then the others and the others are same long skinny leaves towards the haze other then that hope to get pics up to show off my set up
Old 08-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Cool

Ok so today day ten and I gave my babys first feed holding ppm 495 quarter strength and there allready looking perky roots should hit water in all with in two days then thell be off good I'm only using 16/8 for veg light cycle seems not much diffrence in grow pattern with high temps 88-91% I figured it be cooler on them working fine so far the northern light blue has taken off lovely I see more inde in it and the sssdh right behind it I'm doing 37 day veg so I can fim these girls and have enough time let them get healed and be at good hight to start flower so I can train them and pull biggest yield off scrog I seen a two plant sssdh grow scrogged using 600watt hps with a 600 gram yield I'm hopping I can pull at least half that I'm thinking of during flower last four weeks if it cools down adding another 180 watts of cfl that I have to cover full canopy on scrog ever corner lit I am at 160 watt per plant now if I can get close two hundred + that be a nice turn out I've pulled 300gram off of that wattage using my hps lamps but can it be done with cfls and high powered led ima about find out I found the best way for me is just do it see how everything you read can help and scrog is the best technic t hat i've found works for me well I should start takeing pictures soon so I'll get my computer going and go take shots to start posting I won't post a bunch of veg shots but will put a few but I'll start posting as my flowering progress tell next time keep up the green thumb
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Cool

So today I fimmed my plants I will let them go for 3 more weeks then I will start them on 12/12 I feed for week now other then that they look good holding temps steady 91% hope it doesn't hurt to bad I can't do nothing bought it I don't have hundreds dollers for ac/water chillers I just ruff it summer ole most over so I will be ok soon I got light yellowing on leaves but they seem to be ok
Old 08-14-2013, 06:12 PM

With those high temps, are you talking about air temp at canopy or temp of your recirculating nute solution?
You keep saying temps are 91% but I think you mean degrees, right?
Unless you are talking about humidity, in which case, not good.
Those high temps are not good in veg, but even worse during flowering.

From what I understand about DWC, if you can't keep the nutes cool, you are probably better off running a simpler system. You mentioned no $$ for chiller, etc. I have done the ice bottle thing and it would never be considered a realistic solution for me. They melted too fast and needed to be changed constantly.

There is a balance point between increasing light levels and decreasing ability to cool the space.

If you recreate the light of the sun in a 4 foot by 7 tent with temps @ 100, do growth rates increase over an identical tent with a 400 watt HPS running at 78 ?

My advice would be that if you can't cool the room, decrease the light until you solve the temp problem.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 AM

nugs, this is exactly what pushed me away from hydro growing in the first place. DWC works very well in northern basement grows, because the floor can work as a heat sink and help keep the nutes within the ideal temp range of 68-72 degrees. Not keeping the water within this temp range makes it difficult to keep the plants happy.

After you finish this grow, I would suggest either going to an organic soil grow, or if you want to use bottled nutes try either a coco grow or hempy baskets for your warm months. These methods give more insulation to the plant's root zone and will keep you from cooking your girls.

You have some wonderful genetics in this grow. I hope you took clones. Delahaze is a favorite of mine, and S.A.G.E. (mkage parent) is near the top of my wish list.

Natural Farming How-to Videos and Bokashi composting www.prokashi.com/videos

Flow thru earthworm compost bin ideas http://vermicomposters.ning.com/foru...through-bins-a

Composting with black soldier flies http://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garde...urs-video.html
http://www.thebiopod.com/

Last edited by AliCakes; 08-15-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 PM

Ya I'm talking about room temp is 91%degress that's good idea turn the other lights off just use my 430watt led that would help had to raise my lights bleaching leaves bad I raised them up another 20in so hopefully that helps I'm turn off the other lights see if dropes some to only 15days veg left till I flip the lights so I checked my roots very white clean water been blessed last couple days been raining so temps been 88%-90% in my tent so Ive been adding cold water to I don't have a reservior I have dwc containers a 10gallon and five gallon one top feed one regular five gallon I'll be ok for flowering as it cools down after this month and cold front will come in before there done I have g13 widow and ash on way so I'll do organic in my other room I can fit and flower 12 plants in there I got hole bag of ocean forest and perlite so I'm do ten 3gallon pots and 2 4gallon hempy buckets in there I just got buy new fan I burned the other one out it lasted three yrs.through grows so I'm not complaining hope to get my beans sent off for them today auction wins so I have know idea how long it takes to get them being I'm in usa so will see I have my room togather buy then I got 400watt hps/my and a 250watt hps/mh and thoughs are on each side room in middle I have two 96watt cfl fixtures and in middle of thoughs 90watt 3w ufo led so that over 900watt in my 4x4x8 organic room it only has one 4infan exhaust with filter but it ok for soil grows I hope to grow two hempy bucket clones off these strains I have in hydro I will take cuttings in 3weeks so I'm working on my room preperation now I hope to have g13widow bud to bring in the holidays lol