Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM

Default Please Help Me Decide Which Strain.

Hello,

I'm a beginner to indoor growing under electric powered lights.

My grow will be neither medical nor commercial. I want something to get high rather than stoned.

The strains' descriptions about growing experience scare me away from Mango Haze,Super Silver Haze, and Neville's Haze for a first grow.

Should I order La Nina or Skunk Haze or flip a coin?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 PM

Hi Vista,
It is refreshing to see your honesty, all too often newer growers attempt to present themselves as more experienced than they are. Or confuse recreational usage and medicinal need, whether for legal purposes or otherwise.

I personally think Mango Haze may be among the finest varieties of cannabis ever released, and I often mention Super Silver Haze with very high regard as well. So you're touching on two very good choices in varieties, though if you're hesitant to work with 50% haze varieties (such as ssh and mh) right off the bat there are definitely some other options to consider.

Ash is a variety that comes to mind immediately for someone not quite ready to jump into the mix with a 50% haze variety like SSH or Mango Haze, but who is also after more of a high than a stone.

https://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=38

It would seem you've already did quite a bit of research to land at SSH and MH as prospective varieties, so there may be a chance you've also built a suitable enough grow space to handle these varieties as well? If that is the case, you may want to consider just going with your original choice(s) and getting experience the only way one gets experience, by trial and error.

If you're just not comfortable with doing that just yet, a variety like Ash (25% haze) can present specimens to you which grow virtually on their own, are hardy enough to handle a few muck ups along the way and have some interesting plants to decide upon when the time comes to make those decisions.

I would definitely recommend familiarizing yourself with taking cuttings, tagging and labeling corresponding clones to their respective donor/mother plants etc. in an effort to ascertain which plants are the best representations for you and to also have the ability to work with that variety or varieties again in the future.

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1-about-w...ank-forum.html
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 AM

the g13/haze might also meet your requirements ,ive just gone thru a few and found them all to be a good balance between potency yield etc also very indica dom growth patterns for a haze x in the ones ive had very little stretch easy to manage pretty dense bud formation
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Hi harvestkeeper. you could also look into the some of the earlyhaze lines as a starting point,i think jesse gave you some good advice in trying out ash as well.like you i want to grow those top class haze seeds on offer here at mns but have been working my way up to them instead of jumping in the deep end! im growing mkxsk at the moment and lovin it

Good luck buddy!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Early Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebud84 View Post
Hi harvestkeeper. you could also look into the some of the earlyhaze lines as a starting point,i think jesse gave you some good advice in trying out ash as well.like you i want to grow those top class haze seeds on offer here at mns but have been working my way up to them instead of jumping in the deep end! im growing mkxsk at the moment and lovin it

Good luck buddy!
Early Haze Is Extremely Easy To Grow Indoors Or Out
Images From Tester Seed ( Very Pleased )
JKP
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM

J,k,p those early haze look great.......whats the flavor like on those girls..?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 AM

Smile Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsburn1 View Post
J,k,p those early haze look great.......whats the flavor like on those girls..?
If I Remember Correctly A Grapefruity Taste, However I Got A Couple Of Differing Flavours Which I Must Have Liked As I Kept Growing And Revegging MNS Early Haze For A Couple Of Years Both Indoors And Outdoors ( 53rd N ).
No Mould Issues At All
You Can Check Out My Early Haze Grow Thread In Either The Outdoor Forum Or The Strain Base Forum
It Won't Dissappoint And Is A Doddle To Grow.
JKP
P.S I've Trailed Off Using Images Of Other Mr Nice Strains I've Grown Indoors And Out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-2010feb2010_0505_012_reveg-eh.jpg (56.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Early Haze- In Ground- Zero Mould.jpg (321.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Early Haze Done.jpg (251.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Nevil And Shantis Ortega- NL1- No Red Hairs- Aug2011.jpg (934.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Shark Shock- Autumn Has Arrived.jpg (447.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Big G13xHaze-July26.jpg (740.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg MNS G13xhaze Clone- July26.jpg (616.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Aug20-_Shit_Head1.jpg (379.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg MNS-_SSH1-2008.jpg (477.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg First MNS Grow-Shit Outdoors-2008.jpg (123.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MNS-CBD- The Remedy.jpg (660.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 PM

Wow nice job man,,really luv the pics...the nugget on black looks amazing.... Thanks for the info ,j,k,p.. I was Thinking of starting sum of the E,h now im definitely cracking those bad girls soon....the grapfruit is one of my favorite flavors,,mixed with a little haze spice would b outa site......
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 PM

Avista...to b honest the super silver is really easy to grow she kinda grows herself...lol.. I get what u mean about the n haze for a beginner the only thing is is vertical hight all the haze crosses will stretch a bit in bloom,,some more than others, some of the ss phenos are earlier and more compact than typical sativa hybrids...if u want a strain that clones and grows like s dream with a great sativa high I'd go with the super silver...if u are worried about the hight just flower them a little shorter than a typical indica and u will b set...
....good luck....
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM

For a first grow I would suggest an indica dominant hybrid that would finish early and is easy to determine that it is done. That can be difficult the first time. MK x Skunk may be along those lines.