Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM

there are a few kinds of water melon growing

pure water melons (best sugar production) from seed ... smallest yield

crosses of pumpkins and water melons , depends of selection, yield and sugar is variable

and pumpkin grafted melon varieties, supposed to to deliver the best of both worlds

now, as far as size/yield is the question its the part of the pumpkin ... just google for those gigantic guiness book pumpkins, only god knows why this fruit gets so large lol

sugar gets synthesized as byproduct in plants and acts as an energy source for different kinds of needs in plants

its impossible to transfer a genetically "programmed" process from one plant to another just by watering

i.e. by just eating bananas humans wont become apes, tho sometimes monkeys
Old 07-26-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deran View Post
there are a few kinds of water melon growing

pure water melons (best sugar production) from seed ... smallest yield

crosses of pumpkins and water melons , depends of selection, yield and sugar is variable

and pumpkin grafted melon varieties, supposed to to deliver the best of both worlds

now, as far as size/yield is the question its the part of the pumpkin ... just google for those gigantic guiness book pumpkins, only god knows why this fruit gets so large lol

sugar gets synthesized as byproduct in plants and acts as an energy source for different kinds of needs in plants

its impossible to transfer a genetically "programmed" process from one plant to another just by watering

i.e. by just eating bananas humans wont become apes, tho sometimes monkeys
Yeah, but u can use animal hormones in human medicine, hell, you can even have a kidney from a pig...all that because of similarities between species.

To be exact, my guess is that such fast growing fruit as pumpkins and watermelons may contain, amongst other things, plant growth hormone in larger quantities. If that so, then the process can be passed in some way...and you don't get canna-melons out of watering with water melon juice, but you might get slightly faster growing cannabis with luscious flowers.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 AM

Talking Watering Haze

I used to water my haze with Mango Juice, and thats how I got mango Haze, . Ok Im kidding......... LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 AM

Talking Actually

We did a gorrila grow 3 years ago in a secluded pine forest. The plants were watered by a stream naturally, and we never went back till the end of season. Several plants grew large and were finished, some had even dried to perfection, and were sampled on the spot. Some of the bud was seeded. Some was top quality purple. LOL Seriously it tasted like pine.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:38 PM

I like this symbiotic thing with my plants...for instance...in the morning when i drink water and take vitamins, I also crush some b-complex pills and put them in my water for plants...now I can enjoy water melons with the plants also. .
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Purpur View Post
We did a gorrila grow 3 years ago in a secluded pine forest. The plants were watered by a stream naturally, and we never went back till the end of season. Several plants grew large and were finished, some had even dried to perfection, and were sampled on the spot. Some of the bud was seeded. Some was top quality purple. LOL Seriously it tasted like pine.
Maybe the soil caught some terpenes from decomposition of that shit which falls from the pine trees.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:14 PM

ingemar is using orange, tangerine and lemon peels to amend his soil in order to get fruity buds ...

why ?

why not choose a fruity strain in the first place ?

of course environmental factors have impact in overall finished product ... ever grown outdoors within a corn field ? ... yuck ! ugliest hay taste you will ever get lol

tho never forget, the gen code has only a limited amount of possibilities considering terpens, for example its impossible to get a kushy/skunky aroma into haze

its up to you to find the limits of a given plant or strain, then you can direct those terpens into your own direction, but as stated above - plants arent humans, they have their own hormons and those are limited to some crucial chemical pathways - means a plant is limited compared to us humans, and a pumpkin or a melon has the same hormons as cannabis, more aint effective ... same story like with fertz
Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Purpur View Post
Seriously it tasted like pine.
More likely pine resin was deposited on the plants from the trees. What did they taste like when grown elsewhere Doc?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deran View Post
ingemar is using orange, tangerine and lemon peels to amend his soil in order to get fruity buds ...

why ?

why not choose a fruity strain in the first place ?

of course environmental factors have impact in overall finished product ... ever grown outdoors within a corn field ? ... yuck ! ugliest hay taste you will ever get lol

tho never forget, the gen code has only a limited amount of possibilities considering terpens, for example its impossible to get a kushy/skunky aroma into haze

its up to you to find the limits of a given plant or strain, then you can direct those terpens into your own direction, but as stated above - plants arent humans, they have their own hormons and those are limited to some crucial chemical pathways - means a plant is limited compared to us humans, and a pumpkin or a melon has the same hormons as cannabis, more aint effective ... same story like with fertz
Of course the plants are not humans.Do I think I'm starting to develop roots right here on the couch...and I'm not going to share a barbeque with my plants... but, if I spray some superthrive on them, which is basicaly 1-Napthyl acetic acid + B1(thiamine) and some other vitamins you get plants like on steroids.Taking that in consideration, there is some room for improvement considering the growth rate by just adding stuff that has 1-Napthyl acetic acid natural anlogue. Now, if water melons and other organic stuff can help produce that in some way, I would be more than glad...this isn't just a wild guess, you know, but I searched the Net about this topic, and nobody has ever done any serious analysis on water melons sugar and other chemical profile.

Last edited by Zion Light; 07-27-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:03 PM

While it's true that plant roots can absorb very simple sugars in very low dosages, more complex sugars are prevented from entering the plant system by a barrier layer within the root itself.