View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Chana Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
first I'd just like to point out that I'm in no way knocking his growing skills. Just some of the "facts" stated in the thread.
HI again GMT, I know you are not knocking him. You are a gentleman, so I am interested in learning something from this thread. I only wanted to state that if you followed his thread, you can see how his grow style and thought are evolving, and I am envious, at the rate it is happening.

Quote:
An experiment you should run, take a plastic bottle, warm the air inside it and then put the cap on. Now put it somewhere a little cooler. Heating the air will expand it, it wont change the pressure within the bottle. However when you prevent that air from flowing freely, and then cool the bottle (and the air inside) it will contract, meaning that the pressure of the air inside the bottle will temporarily fall. The pressure outside of the bottle will then push on the outside of the bottle. The bottle will crumple until the volume of the bottle is reduced to that required to equalise the pressure of the air outside the bottle and that inside the bottle. Now picture how strong your tent will have to be to withstand this force on such a massive scale if trying to lower the pressure. That is the safe option. Now it imagine it in reverse. What do you imagine the opposite process is if you're trying to run higher pressure?
I am thinking submarine or space ship. This thought of Mr. Cannatari is very valid for the new era of grower. If it is good enough for the navy or NASA, got to be something here for us i.e. aeroponics. Also the bottle thought is extreme for me. I do not think of affecting atmospheric pressure as 100% sealed at least in my application. I would just be more interested on the season of year, how the pressure affects my indoor environments and what I could do to increase potency, yield and overall quality with certain genetics. When would be optimal times for veg, bloom, take cutting, etc.

My mate just took some catus cuttings... they are not doing good. He took them a couple weeks ago. They had been grown in a sunny window. But the pressure has dropped from summer to fall. Needless to say the cutts are struggling and so is the mother. My friend who I got the catus from, always takes cutting and up poting in the spring.

But to be honest, I would love a 100% sealed environment to grow, wouldn't you? Press a button, sliding open into a clean room. Door closes and pressures clean room. Garden door opens to optimal pressurized environment. Practical for Nevils Haze, probably not, but there is something to be said.

You ever see the pictures of the Canadian grow bust in the "Molson Beer Factory". The growers were using the old copper beer vaults as growing chambers. It was stated as the most sophisticated op to ever get bust in Canada. The pictures sure looked like that was the case. 100% sealed and controlled and pressurized rooms.

Quote:
now as for light radiating from the earth. If you're talking about infrared radiation being released from the earth after the sun has transfered energy to its surface, then we can talk about how usefull that is to growing ie not at all, remember this is going on at night too, anyone ever seen the ground glowing?
I am talking about the sun controlling everything on earth and moon holding it all in place. Tides, seasonal changes, and gases being released into the atomphere vis a vis natural or man made actions play an impact on what C is trying to say.

I have seen the ground glow, it is called reflection, but moresoe on a thermal level, the planet is beaming with hot and cold spots. I have never been to space, but understand that from orbit when the sun is shining over the atlantic or pacific that the phrase "The Blue Planet" was coined. That is light my friend.

Also Northern lights is another response to your reply.

Quote:
Other than that, light comes to earth, not from it.
Again, man made or by reflection, I think light does come from earth. And a large percentage of that light is radiant and pressure related. That is also why the moon shines.

Quote:
And as for light travelling further depending on air pressure, this is just confused nonsense.
Disagree, why does light get less intense the further away from the main source. For example, the sea. Bright the first 8 to 10 feet, then pitch black unto the abyss. Rollin some dark clouds and its dark, but doesnet mean there is no uv or radiant energy coming through.

Quote:
Red light will bend to a greater degree in a moist air, but that is a whole different thing.
I dont think it is a whole different thing. C is claiming this is exactly what happens with barometric pressure and its relation to the region of the world one is in. So if one can find the correct colour specturm to help trigger better quality bud, in an indoor environment, why the hell not!

Quote:
I'm happy to discuss science all day long, but hate pseudo science.
It is all relevant in 2011. Just up to you how much you want to allow yourself to be open to another perspective.
Hey GMT, the world is flat... lol and I am sure you are not a scientist, so technically, learned scholars dont even consider our perspective.

But in all honest, canna boards in general are all psedo science. I have gotten into a few debats with the so called learened scientist with degrees and such, and for the most part, I have already grown more mary then they will in their career.

Quote:
Rain is not based on the evaporation of water,
Since when?

Quote:
it is possible to have very different humidity levels without rain falling, and it is possible to have rain in one place at a lower humidity level than exists in another place without rain falling. Whether or not the rain falls depends upon the air pressure present relative to the presence of clouds.
You ever hear of micro climates? DIdnt I say that brother GMT!?!?

Quote:
Please tell me we're not now trying to create rain in the tent.
Hahahah, funny man... well it wouldn't be the first time growers have tried!!! Again, maybe not rain, but tweaking to a certain frequency or sweet spot to trigger specific plant hormones or growth patterns to turn on is what I think we are trying to do... some use Co2, some use ac, some use large fans for negative pressure, some use fancy additives and nutrients, etc, etc. All relevant brother GMT!

I think it is relevant and cutting edge, at least for our community!!!

Thanks for the yarn.

Peace to you,

CM