Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 13. Greenhouse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 05:37 AM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

Greenthumbskunks statement about setting out a few plants in poor soil & not much on the nutes........ made me think this worth mentioning. All the wild landraces that grew for thousand of years without human intervention...... all the cases of nute burned plants we see almost daily on the forums... ? ... think maybe we've been a little brainwashed? I use good organic soils, feed half as often as recommended at 1/4 - 1/2 recommend dose. No burn, no deficiencies, no problem! For outdoors... this soil was always good, but over 40 yrs of applying mushroom soil & home made compost on every inch of it, I feed outside plants 2, sometime 3 times for their entire life. A growth nute as they reach their most rapid growth stage, a bloom nute mid Sept when 12/12 hits & usually 2 applications of molasses. BTW, I don't end up with whacky pH imbalances either. Food for thought!

PS... some pretty girls! Easier to prevent insects & disease in greenhouse, I love it! I know you've asked yourself why you waited so long! Wait till you put in a heater & grow through the winter! I can loose myself for hours inside a grnhse in the winter. Nothing else quite like it! The feel of the air, the smell of green growth while watching it snow outside! An awesome experience!

Last edited by catbuds; 10-20-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:16 AM

Yeah I don't feed my plants at recommended strengths either and they do fine. The greenhouse was great for a little low tech project. I don't have lights in it though so it'll be shut down by end of November. I'm in the process of harvesting in stages right now. I got hit with mites last minute but they were the red kind, not that hard to get rid of but I'll be taking preventative measures next year. As it is though, looking like it's gonna be a great harvest and will be cured up just in time for the holidays!

PS

The lemon pheno Shit I had is curing up to smell like lemon orange cream candy. Can't wait to taste it.

Last edited by BullDogDad; 10-25-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:14 PM

I'm happy to report that all the plants produced some very nice smoke. I have a really nice Shit that has a clear mental effect and nice clean body high. Not heavy or groggy at all but once you come down you'll snooze like the dead. Bonus, it tastes good down to the last ember! Taste is piney, sour, smokey incense. That's after a four week cure. The mental affect is very pleasant while the it sends waves of sensations through you body starting at the feet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (902.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-08-2014, 09:17 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (676.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (653.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-08-2014, 11:00 PM

Location: The far side of hell, in a perpetual state of non-being

You do some indoor growing too, right? I'd hate to see you end up buying smoke after growing what you like. It's always a disapointment. Well usually anyway. For 40 yrs, I grew from bag seed & my own breeding, which started from bag seed with the exception of Big Bud. She was a clone from the days when BB was new & clone only. But finding bought weed good enough to breed from, or even bother growing the seed was a crap shoot. Now a days, when great bought weed IS found, it has no seed!
-- if you're up for it, it wouldn't take much heat in your grnhse (since you've double walled it) to grow some cool weather crops like lettuce, radishes, spinach & other leafy greens... carrots, peas & green onions too. It'd be a fun experience, & you'd learn the little micro climates within your grnhse. They all have them. Some spots hold heat better, some areas more humid than others, & with some supplemental lighting to control photoperiod, you'd be ready to do a winter grnhse grow next year. You can heat electric or kerosene. A sm kerosene heater adds co2, one advantage, but cost a little more to run. Just food for thought.
-- That lemony orange cream one sounds like an old fashion Creamsicle ice cream, remember those? Can't wait for a smoke report on that pheno! That sounds awesome! Good for you! So, you planning next springs line up? So much to choose from, sometimes the decision making process is the hardest part of growing! LOL!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Yes I also grow indoors. Not sure if I'll try any winter crops. It gets below zero here for several weeks in Dec and Jan and I didn't wall the thing off that well. Lots of air leaks. The lemon pheno is the most potent. It's really heady. Strong initial rush when you smoke it. Kind of trippy. Lemonene is very stimulating. And the smell is outstanding. When I would brush up against that plant the whole green house would fill up with lemon stink!