Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 13. Greenhouse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Exclamation End of season cpvc-hoop

Hi People
im wondering if in the end of the season if i build a easy cpvc hoop to protect the ladys from the rain im thinking this because the botrytis, i think if i cover the bud and hit with some air circulation everything is gonna be ok right?
I dont know if doing a green house to protect buds from botrytis is worst or better. i'll check the coming rains to build this i dont want any wet bud, i see some people ensambling this greenhouses very easy but what would you recommend to me to get best results.

¿You think that cover the buds off the rain is clever?

¿would you think that controling the botrytis is easy in a green house or without it? dont forget that the last season is very rainy and humid
cheers
Buenos Huemos
Old 06-04-2013, 05:01 PM

My suggestion would be IF you plan to put up a greenhouse do it the entire season not just the end of the year. This does a few things. 1 it allows you to darken the plants on a strick 12/12 cycle so once your happy with their growth size bam slap the dark tarp on them. That will make sure they start flower right away rather then a slow transition. This will produce a more dense bud that finishes much earlier. 2. Using a green house will allow you to use fans heaters and sup lights. So on the rainy days you want to run the lights so the plants get the proper light. Plus this will help keep the rh down. If you need to lower it more kick on a couple fans or a nice exhaust. those would be my suggestions. Anx yes a proper greenhouse will help with mold. Remember the reason for a greenhouse is to control the elements better. Hope this helps. Boron420 I believe just posted pics of his hoop house check it out. At least I think it was him sorry if not still learned some new faces. And welcome to mns btw
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Talking TY

Thanks weezy 3 week ago i was straight to it i was going to build a greenhouse but my fear is that the plastic will increase the temperature, cause in summer is hot here like 38 degrees , and i know that the plastic will increase de temp`inside the greenhouse.so the extreme heat what would do to my ladys and if i put a couple of fans its goping to keep the temperature down? i saw a aluminum grid a like this grid dont let the extreme heat go into the greenhouse, but down here they don't sell this things.
¿you think that if i build my greenhouse before the rainy seasons it will change the life cycle of my plants or they will be stress i dont know, so let me know what you think about this cause i dont have much resources down here in uruguay, i can buy a couple of fans and a deshumidity(i dont know how you call the machine wich converts into water the humidity in the ambience)

PLease tell me and if you dont understand something because of my bad english let me know and you fix it out.

Thank you weezy and if someone else join this thread i¡ll be thankfull

Buenos Humos
Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Hey renegade, I've a couple of buddies that grow outdoors without hoops here in the rain, they simply put plastic roofs over the plants to keep rain and dew off of them, a couple of fans blowing across them help a great deal.
Anybody wanting to run light deprivation outside must realize they have to cover and uncover in a 12 hr cycle, for 2 months+, WITHOUT FAIL! 6 am-6pm so to speak. It will blow your mind, BUT it does require that commitment or you will ruin your entire outdoor crop (when they try to switch back to veg!)
A hoop house WILL hold heat and MUST be ventilated for heat and humidity.
A serious outdoor light dep is exactly like an indoor grow but with translucent walls. Fans, lights, dehumidifiers all important.
But for the budget minded, a large sloping (rain run off) piece of plastic and a few fans can get you a decent crop if you work it! Get yourself a little jug of green cure and dip the bud/branches in a mixture of it (and then a rinse dip) at harvest if any sign Of PM or molds when harvesting. Good luck down there bro!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM

YeeAH!!i sw this on a jorge cervantes vid those guys get 3 harvest with clones a greenhouse and they do what you say they make 12/12 thats nice . but tell me something i am wondering its better quality?yield? anything? between greenhouse or outdoor?

I think its better somethimes the greenhouse cause the rain cant mold the bud and the rain i think can make loose some trichoms right? i mean the trichoms are hydrosoluble but if the rain strikes the plant with the wind and if the ran is strong i mean the thc may desprend o f the buds maybe?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 AM

You can end up with slightly better quality in a greenhouse just because you can control the environment a bit better. But the quality of the light dep units is unparalleled if done right. You can finish the plant in July and August when the sun is high and hot, not low in the sky. Think of an indoor running full nute lineup, with a million times the light spectrum you'll ever get from a lamp, ANY lamp. Even the buds way down low, back in on the stalk finish completely.
Dank and sticky and WITH WEIGHT! But DO NOT screw up that 12/12 scedual!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 AM

Talking yeah

nice one i think im gonna build one big green house for big plants/yields and other not that high to make fast harvest with that technic making an army of small plants
i think that should work outmaybe
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 AM

I think ultimately, the maturity of the bud is what rules, each strain needs to reach maturity to be judged fairly. So if your climate is in opposition to what the particular strain needs to mature you either need to A) change the strain or B) change the environment to suit the strain.

So if you had a really fast car and it was pitted against a golf cart if the track is a pebble quarry the golf cart wins but in the walmart parking lot, the jaguar wins.

Just to take it out of context and fwiw I am too stoned to make sense to myself right now, over and out!

Dreamtime 2013
Grail Widow Test
My First Scrog
Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 AM

Well that's the other nice thing about light dep, if you force flower early, rather than pulling crops in due to weather,( ie it's going to be a rainy month, there close so?) your finishing 8 weekers in August.
So so can run sativas and the 10-12 week strains still without fear of the wet season so much.
I pull my meds that will be used for oil pretty early, just as trichs start to turn a bit of amber. But I let some run out longer for that evening bowl!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Location: I live where the dolphins jump, the whales blow, the lobsters crawl and fresh tuna jump into ur boat

Bienvenido a la página, Renegade. Crezco mis medicinas al aire libre así, y aunque no he utilizado un invernadero en el año, he visto bornon420 imágenes y definitivamente sabe lo que está haciendo. Weezy y Barnflowers también jardineros muy exitosos, por lo que pueden estar seguros de que cualquier consejo que te dan será exacta y precisa, a menos que, por supuesto, han tenido demasiado a fumar. Entonces podría ser un poco vago!

Uruguay es un país muy hermoso y me animo a publicar un hilo crecer para que todos podamos seguir su progreso como su jardín madura.

BUENA SUERTE:

Cavedweller