Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 13. Greenhouse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Future plans

Hi to all ! I'm new into growing and on this forums too but that doesn't keep me from dreaming.
In the future(3 or 4 years) I plan on building a light deprivation greenhouse to be able to grow long flowering sativas, especially Nevilles Haze. I live in Central Europe, at 47*N so finishing outdoors past mid october isn't a great idea.
So the plan is to select some clones, veg them a while, put them out in march and force flower them in may so they finish by september.
What do you think of this ?
Peace, WB.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 PM

I think it's a top idea.

Get a greenhouse made of red cedar wood as these retain heat much better than the aluminium ones and grow far better bud (I have discovered.)

You could make things slightly easier for yourself and go for something a couple of weeks quicker than Nevil's Haze, like a long flowering Mango Haze. I am toying with this idea for next season (but using the SSH 13 weeker instead of the Mango.)

A good heater and a well insulated greenhouse should have you capable of flowering right into the first weeks of November, barring disaster.

Or move South!

Grover

PS I'm pretty sure Nevil told me off once for calling him Neville. I know what it says in the strain description about "Neville's Haze" but I'm still pretty sure it's Nevil. Anyway, what's in a name?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply, Grey Man !
I once considered to move to a different climate and grow whatever I want but I don't want to leave my country. Instead I'll try new ways to use what nature gives us, for free.
I think that light dep is a great way to combine the three worlds of growing(indoor, outdoor and greenhouse) and is pretty underrated.
Everyone else, feel free to share your opinion and advice. Knowledge is power.
Peace, WB.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Future Plans

This sounds very good. I hope to read more about your greenhouse flowering project here at Mr. Nice seedbank and research - intro