Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 07:40 PM

I'm really enjoying this thread, S&G. Love the time I get to spend near the Gulf Coast. NOLA's a helluva fun place. I even like Lake Charles!
Old 08-24-2019, 01:43 PM

Pink Floyd #2 Aug 23
Some kind of ph lock-out or abandonment issues with her. She looked a lot better a month ago. Maybe too much rain one time, or too little rain for extended times. All grow spots are far away from the castle, and far away from each other, so hard to know why SkunkHaze is doing good and this one suffering.
Pink Floyd #1 is a male, but not as happy as the Angle Thighs male, so will be using the AT this season if I want pollen.

Marcus, glad you're enjoying yourself. Keeps me out of the pubs
Old 08-24-2019, 10:41 PM

Moonshine Haze Aug 24
Better late to the game than never. Planted early June, transplanted late June. Recent rain might make something out of her. Planted in thorn patch. Of course this one lived. I look like scarface right now.
That's it till next month, all other plants are Ghandi.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:05 PM

SkunkHaze Sept 16th. Been 21 days + without rain and none in sight. Having record heat to boot, so I broke down today and hauled 10 gallons out in one slow, cussing, shuffle. Hopefully won't be doing that again. She was sad, but not cashed. Leaf drop and yellowing was expected, I can live with that. Smell is warm vetiver and blackstrap rum (NOT spiced rum i.e. Saolr Jerry, Captain Morgan, crap etc). She is definitely slow to flower, really happy about that as well.

I will check on the other two plants in a day or so. Come on luck

Last edited by Shrimp&Grits; 09-17-2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: specifics
Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Moonshine Haze, Sept 17th. This one ain't mad at all. She is planted along a creek bank and must of found a vein down there somewhere, cause the only thing in the creek right now are tadpole skeletons. I brought out 4 gallons and watered anyway, I am surely not hauling it back out. Watering is a calculated risk, I make bigger paths, more overall #'s of trips to the site, the physical siting of a vanilla guerilla carrying buckets of water into the woods sounding like a mating yak, etc. I could of skipped that risk on this one. Oh well. Smells on her are more generic skunk/funk, quicker into flower, tamer structure. I prefer the SkunkHaze, but I'm gonna need some patience to smoke waiting for her to finish, enter Moonshine Haze.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:38 PM

Pink Floyd Sept 18th. These pics don't do her much justice, she looks like 5lbs of caca in a 3lb bag. I didn't even bring water, my thought process being if she was sick last time from too much rain, she'd be all better and happy; and that if she was sick last time from being too dry, there's really nothing I can do at this point. Well that's cowardly, and I'm a U. S. Army infantry veteran, I don't call myself a coward lightly. I had my hand around her stem. All I had to do was pull, and all her pain would've been gone. But I couldn't do it. Somehow I think she wants me to let her finish. Maybe it's my man period week and I'm being emotional. Her sweet top

See y'all in a month, feel free to post good, bad, or ugly pictures.

Last edited by Shrimp&Grits; 09-18-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:56 PM

I've also lost both males I'd kept alive this far. I went and saw PInk Floyd #1 male sometime early August, he was pissed, but alive and actively throwing pollen. I didn't take any pollen at that time because I was still planning on using SKHZxAFHZ (AT) pollen for crosses. I checked on him (AT) mid/late August, but no pollen sacs open. I waited two more weeks and went to collect AT pollen and the plant was pulled up and gone. 1st thought was "oh shit" second thought was "how far could they of hauled it off, I bet the pollen is still good". 3rd thought after looking around for 15 panicked seconds was "f this, I got a wife and kids, I'm gone." I loved that spot, too. No growing there anymore.
I then waited a few days and went back to Pink Floyd #1. Dead. It was just a rotten black stem 18" tall. No homemade seeds this year. Bummer. Live and learn, I should of collected Pink Floyd's pollen when I had the cahance. Just in case.
Last year I had a killer Walkabout male, and no good females to dust. At least my luck hasn't changed. Walkabout Aug last year

Last edited by Shrimp&Grits; 09-19-2019 at 01:16 AM. Reason: cohesiveness
Old 10-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Aloha S&G! How goes it in the boon docks? It is always a pisser when your plants walk. Hoping better luck on your next grow.

Shaka
Mu
Old 10-05-2019, 01:16 AM

musashi. Its friggin HOT man. We set heat records 20 out of the 30 days in September. No rain. For here, both stats are unheard of. Yesterday was 97 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm praying for a hurricane, it's that bad. Cold front coming this next week, only hitting mid 80's. Great for sativas if I had the cajones to go water all the time. I got too many mouths to feed to be sitting in jail.
Walking plants are a bitch. I feel violated each time I find human muckery around a site I put the time and effort into. I always assume there's now a camera there as well.
Hopefully SkunkHaze and or Moonshine Haze can limp across the finish line, if so it won't be because I am a good grower. Pink Floyd died on the vine, I saw her burnt dead shell of a plant today. Ironically, I was carrying 4 gallons of water. 2 weeks late and a dollar short.
As I work on old sites and new ones for next year, I'll be adding a bunch more organic material and using even more mulch.
All seeds die, few truly live. Hope everyone is safe and having a better go than me.