Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 01:40 PM

CannaFish, nice to see you, thanks for the well wishes, right back atcha. We get Coral snakes too, but they're rare, rather a good omen than bad. I really enjoy herpetology and am more interested than worried about snakes. The only concern I have would be stepping on a venomous one while brush busting. My chill ass dog doesn't like his tail blindy stomped on and will not be polite in asking me to refrain from doing it again.
Strange you have a plant each year go to flower early like that. Have you been able to put any assumptions as to why?
In this case I chalked it up to poor genetic choice for my needs, and/or planting too early.
Any ideas for me next time as to how I could get a plant to trigger back/start into veg after finding pistils early like that? Cut the top out?
Thanks again & Blessings to all
Old 06-24-2019, 03:46 PM

Well I always have some indica type that is too daylight sensitive at 30ļ. Can't really use supplemental lighting for guerrilla grows so some indica just end up flowering in the spring and summer. This time it was the lebanese, last year it was a gorilla glue. I did get seeds from the lebanese, so maybe next generation will be one step closer to acclimatizing. Plants like colombians, mango haze, highland Mexican/Blueberry do well for me.

Check out this coiled beauty under my favorite PuntoBiche.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (567.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (593.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by CannaFish; 06-24-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:12 PM

Superb pictures. Wish that little death dealer was guarding my plants. Herbivores are a way bigger problem for me.
Those sativas sound great. Hope you made F2's or crosses with that HMxBB, I planted my last 4 seeds of it this year, 2 came up, both eaten, before mating season. Takin my licks.
Happy trails y'all
Old 07-27-2019, 02:18 AM

Default Late July Update

This is a no photo update because I have been without a phone for 2 weeks, am enjoying the peace, and am waiting as long as I can go get another one.
Columbia x BB was a Petri dish. I went out July 19th to harvest and found a 2' mushroom. No August doobies, no nothing. Big moldy mess in mid July
Angel Thighs is a boy. Granted a stay of execution until R&D can get a sperm sample. 6' tall. Heat stress stalled his vegging a bit, but not much.
SkunkHaze of the 2, the better plant is a female, 5.5' tall, good branching up top, lower branches legged up. #2 was more scraggly, a male, and is now dead.
Pink Floyd #1 hasn't been checked since last time, #2 is a female, about 3' tall and starting to branch at the nodes. Yellowing from lack of supplemental water and heat stress, but chuggin along after a good rain.
Kalichackra #2 is dead, eaten, #1 is about 2.5' tall and starting to branch. Heat slowed this one significantly. No flowers but structurally I'm going female. Minty smell.
SoMaui and Sativa Biodiversity mix are in my Lazarus group, as they were eaten to 12" tall but have new little leaves coming out from the chewed stem.
Chocolate Funk mix is dead, eaten again, I hope it tasted like chocolate MF'ers.
Hoping for more rain (but not too much, flooding is worse) and cooler temps in August. Oh well, Happy growing everybody
Old 07-27-2019, 02:35 AM

That was a bit depressing to read.
The life of a Guerrilla Grower huh?

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 07-28-2019, 09:54 PM

That was the good news! Haha. I expect the gods to be satiated with my blood, sweat and plant sacrifices so far. If I can finish the season with a couple ounces between the SkunkHaze and Pink Floyd for the winter I will be thrilled. The SKHZxAFGHZ is gonna make seeds with somebody this year based on pedigree and vigor alone, that's a win too. Everything else is lagniappe.

Last edited by Shrimp&Grits; 07-28-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp&Grits View Post
That was the good news! Haha. I expect the gods to be satiated with my blood, sweat and plant sacrifices so far. If I can finish the season with a couple ounces between the SkunkHaze and Pink Floyd for the winter I will be thrilled. The SKHZxAFGHZ is gonna make seeds with somebody this year based on pedigree and vigor alone, that's a win too. Everything else is lagniappe.
Youíre gonna have to translate Lagniappe for anyone who hasnít been to the bayou (or at least a halfway decent Cajun restaurant)

Sorry for being a pessimist! Glad your glass is half full brother.

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 07-30-2019, 01:59 AM

Jake, my friend,
lagniappe: to get as a bonus, an unexpected reward. Pronounced lan'yap.
I'm not a true cajun, but my wife is I'm a transplant. I've lived a few places but have never seen such fierce competition between plants/animals for available resources. I knew the price to play was high so I'm not mad when most of my plants were defeated. And you could probably hear me trying to cheer myself up.
The food here IS amazing
Old 08-23-2019, 06:16 PM

SkunkHaze Aug 23
Old 08-23-2019, 07:40 PM

I'm really enjoying this thread, S&G. Love the time I get to spend near the Gulf Coast. NOLA's a helluva fun place. I even like Lake Charles!