Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2018, 02:21 PM

"The trichomes are not part of the transpiration system . I don`t understand how torturing the roots causes the trichomes to increase ?

Thanks for sharin "

There are plenty of systems with causes and effects that we don't understand. However, this set has been pretty much discredited.

Thanks for sharing
Old 07-26-2018, 04:10 PM

Stop the violence! Peace and harmony with and for all. I get better success with Bach instead of torturing defenseless plants for my own selfish aggrandizement. Food and light are what we all respond to. Practice peace.

Aloha nui
M
Old 07-26-2018, 08:21 PM

I hold your hands and slowly take in the sights as I explain them to you..Torturing plants lmfao... Boiling water being the reason lmfao... Maybe with a three day flush it could allow for an extra couple of feedings (strain dependant) which could help extra production..
Torturing plants, hahaha..I'm not doing fem seed production...
Torturing plants, lol, don't do that, starve the bitch before her death, water diet before kill her.. doest sound like a pleasurable way to go, lol..
Torturing plants, lmfao.. how do you guys harvest? Do you kill it? Let it die naturally? Do you smoke its dead shrivaled carcass for your pleasure?

Last edited by Growstone; 07-26-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Banned

G `day GS

No deflections bro .
That goes to the pool room . Along with 20 ft Thai`s perennial cannabis .

Tech I heard was pull the plant up roots and all then place in a big pot of sugar water and boil .

Obviously the sugar will make its way up the stems into the colas and create the sweetest smoke you have ever experienced . LOL .

Thank god I managed to buy a Marijuana Growers Guide from Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal back in the late 80s . [30 years ago ...] Busted most of those myths

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 07-26-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:10 AM

I love that book, I remember finding a free copy on the internet in early 2000's while in college, I printed it off in the computer lab because paper was free. It ended up breaking the printer at page like 102, everyone was behind me waiting for their own papers to print. It's funny as hell to think of now.
I don't recommend torturing plants. But I don't believe in babying them too much either.
Resin is thought to be a by product of the species way to fend off infidels of all kinds, i.e. UV, insects, animals, etc. So at the END of flowering, not before, a little extra stress, i.e. denying water, denying light, hammering nails through stems, etc. COULD have the ability to trigger a LITTLE extra resin. Some people think it has no merit. Fine. Some people have tried it and see NO difference. I can not say its impossible.
And I would rather smoke a plant from bagseed that was sowed on a full moon, after sacrificing a goat and covering therir face in chicken blood, than a kushbubblegumhaze grown in a lab. Thats just the Voodoo in me though. Big medicine.

Last edited by Shrimp&Grits; 07-27-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:24 AM
Banned

how do we know some of these stress methods dont induce a sars like response from the plants?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 AM

I did do a boiling water flush couple times.. not for added production but due to a later feeding and heard it quickened the final flush.. worked.. plants yellowed and ready to harvest in three days and smoke wasn't needing a longer cure, crackling or harsh once smoked..
Sars like response... Hmm, now you got me thinking about my cough... thought it was too many cones...
Old 07-27-2018, 02:57 AM

Elmur, you know how to hurt a person with words.. perenial, you bastard.. didn't think my stoner thoughts were spreading such.... I must appologise.. but read back and I never said will work, was merely a suggestion to look...if you have given a hungry plant just water and another food, up untill harvest and production was the same, that's good to know.. not something ive done.. but I have had plants that can keep eating untill they finish. So where I would have looked to get added production... if pointless and has been proven, thanks for saving me the time.. although I'm a stoner, I'm not doing meaningless experiments for maybe something, when what I grow smiles the dial without adding confusion or time spent on them....
I'm not sure what you mean by deflections but I did read back and should have wrote my point clearer to begin with.. was clear in my head what I meant or where I was coming from.....

Last edited by Growstone; 07-27-2018 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:34 AM
Banned

G `day GS

It was with my tongue firmly in my cheek .
Did you realise the Castle reference ? Straight to the pool room ,with all the other treasures .

Low Stress Training and Super Cropping I am all over .
Learnt that from Mel and Ed . It works . Apical dominance can be worked in your favor for increased yield . Stressing for extra resin , I don`t have faith in . Leave the plant a week longer . Resin generally increases .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 07-27-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp&Grits View Post
And I would rather smoke a plant from bagseed that was sowed on a full moon, after sacrificing a goat and covering therir face in chicken blood, than a kushbubblegumhaze grown in a lab. Thats just the Voodoo in me though. Big medicine.

G `day SG

What about a bag seed of kushbubblegumhaze lab weed following the ages old ritual ? LOL .

Thanks for sharin

EB .