Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 AM

Default Advices needed

Hi all,

I got a few questions for advanced/expert kush growers!

1. Would like to know more about the technique of doing small cuts to a plant in order to stimulate it for producing more resin as a self-defense mecanism against this aggression... Is that a myth or have you guys already tried this technique?

2. I'm also doing a small experiment with a batch of "Selection New York City Diesel" seedlings were I've added 1 500mg calcium pill and 1 vitamin D pill into my water bottle. I also added about 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice and milk to the solution in order to stimulate the micorrhizae into the soil. What is the best way to stimulate/boost micorrhizae activity?

Peace!

tk
Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkadm30 View Post
Hi all,

1. Would like to know more about the technique of doing small cuts to a plant in order to stimulate it for producing more resin as a self-defense mecanism against this aggression... Is that a myth or have you guys already tried this technique?

2. I'm also doing a small experiment with a batch of "Selection New York City Diesel" seedlings were I've added 1 500mg calcium pill and 1 vitamin D pill into my water bottle. I also added about 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice and milk to the solution in order to stimulate the micorrhizae into the soil. What is the best way to stimulate/boost micorrhizae activity?

Peace!

tk
1) MJ is not opium poppy, where you scar the seed pods to get raw opium to ooze out and heal the wound. IME growing, cutting weed does not produce any more resin. Resin in Mj comes from flower and seed production. If you want more resin, prune your terminal buds or bend them to supercrop your plants to get a larger yield.

2) Micorrhizae can be good and bad. Are you growing Cannabis, or fungi? To stimulate soil fungi growth, you only need to add a little sugar water to the soil. That's all it takes. Vitamins and milk and OJ are a waste. Your plants will release sugar from the root hairs to feed the fungi all by themselves. Plants have been colonizing fungi since fungi split off from animals in the the evolutionary tree of life eons ago. There are good and bad fungi as well. Some fungi are not beneficial and will tap your plants's resources. There are several types of deadly fungi in Central Oregon that are parasites and not beneficial at all. They kill a lot of plants there.

Personally I feed the fungi ONCE when I make a batch of soil by watering with a TB of sugar per gallon of water. All you need to do is give them a boost. Fungi will colonize the soil in about a week. I also inadvertently feed the fungi when I spray my plants with sugar as a pest control (mainly for mites). 1 cup of sugar in a gallon of water will kill adult and crawler mites, aphids, scale, thrips and mealy bugs. It will also attract ants though. Which is a problem feeding your fungi sugary compounds. Sugars attract ants to your plants. You do not want ants. Ants are farmers, and the colonize and farm scale, aphids, and mealy bugs. I also do not add any fungi spores of any kind to my soil. Waste of money. Most soils have all the fungi spores that you need for plants to grow healthy and set up symbiotic relationships with fungi.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Peace!

tk
I have heard of using skim milk to help ward of bad fungi

Heard this from a few different sources i have read online...i seen it on vice channel. The original guy who found the gg4 strain was in a documentary a few years ago..he uses it!

Josey wales isnt the original anything when it comes to gg4.

I use a b vitamin supplement. Does it do anything? Not sure yet will keep you posted!

Having to deal with fungus gnats and their bullshit fungal attacks....2 seem to be pretty much kicking its ass...the rest look a lil whimpy..lol....tempted to use milk!

Last edited by Joker; 06-17-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Thank you Big Sur and Joker for your input!

Got one more quick question.

I have been told that Sulfur can be really helpful in order to boost resin production while in flowering... What should be the best way to supplement organosulfur compounds to the roots? I have considered mixing garlic powder into a water solution with some carbohydrates, but I'm guessing this isn't working as garlic powder isn't soluble. Any thoughts?

tk
Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Thank you Big Sur and Joker for your input!

Got one more quick question.

I have been told that Sulfur can be really helpful in order to boost resin production while in flowering... What should be the best way to supplement organosulfur compounds to the roots? I have considered mixing garlic powder into a water solution with some carbohydrates, but I'm guessing this isn't working as garlic powder isn't soluble. Any thoughts?

tk
Hi. It wouldn't need to be soluble, bacteria will eat it down. You can get sulphur when you supplement cal or mag, potash also.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 AM

Beneficials with kelp, nutrients,etc... and some molasses bubbled to feed cultures with feeding program I have noticed makes nice healthy plants.
It's all about genetics.You can't get oranges from apple trees and there is no magical nutrients or additives.
Keep your plants healthy,pick the phenotype you want after the cure.
Usually by end of week 6-7 trichome production on winners start being obvious but not always.
Just grow and enjoy.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sur View Post
1) MJ is not opium poppy, where you scar the seed pods to get raw opium to ooze out and heal the wound. IME growing, cutting weed does not produce any more resin. Resin in Mj comes from flower and seed production. If you want more resin, prune your terminal buds or bend them to supercrop your plants to get a larger yield.

2) Micorrhizae can be good and bad. Are you growing Cannabis, or fungi? To stimulate soil fungi growth, you only need to add a little sugar water to the soil. That's all it takes. Vitamins and milk and OJ are a waste. Your plants will release sugar from the root hairs to feed the fungi all by themselves. Plants have been colonizing fungi since fungi split off from animals in the the evolutionary tree of life eons ago. There are good and bad fungi as well. Some fungi are not beneficial and will tap your plants's resources. There are several types of deadly fungi in Central Oregon that are parasites and not beneficial at all. They kill a lot of plants there.

Personally I feed the fungi ONCE when I make a batch of soil by watering with a TB of sugar per gallon of water. All you need to do is give them a boost. Fungi will colonize the soil in about a week. I also inadvertently feed the fungi when I spray my plants with sugar as a pest control (mainly for mites). 1 cup of sugar in a gallon of water will kill adult and crawler mites, aphids, scale, thrips and mealy bugs. It will also attract ants though. Which is a problem feeding your fungi sugary compounds. Sugars attract ants to your plants. You do not want ants. Ants are farmers, and the colonize and farm scale, aphids, and mealy bugs. I also do not add any fungi spores of any kind to my soil. Waste of money. Most soils have all the fungi spores that you need for plants to grow healthy and set up symbiotic relationships with fungi.
My two cents about ants here. I think boric acid is still a viable option. Various sources state that ant workers will eat and bring the bait to the nest, which will eventually poison them all. But if it still sounds harmful to plants you may go more simple variant with water and vinegar, which won't do them much harm but would scare 'em for sure. Tested on my backyard garden.

Last edited by Deeean; 01-08-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeean View Post
My two cents about ants here. I think boric acid is still a viable option. Various sources state that ant workers will eat and bring the bait to the nest, which will eventually poison them all. But if it still sounds harmful to plants you may go more simple variant with water and vinegar, which won't do them much harm but would scare 'em for sure. Tested on my backyard garden.
For ants I use a simple solution. Tanglefoot. Smear a one inch swath of T-foot around the base of the plant and it bars ants from climbing up and down the stem. Also keeps spider mites, scale and other bugs from crawling up and down your plants from soil to canopy. Works for me.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Peace!

tk