Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 04:33 PM

The first few weeks of flower the flower sites continue to grow and develop but by week 3 or 4 into flower you should start seeing the flower clusters start to bulk up.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkadm30 View Post
Fair enough. I have all summer to wait...

I'm growing probably something like m39 or kush but i don't know the origin of the seed.
OK, so you are outdoors? If so you likely won't get real flower formation during the "high days of summer". in a few weeks the days will start to get shorter and that is what signals the plant to start flowering. Preflowers only mean it's "ready" to flower, not that it is flowering. Your latitude is going to play a large role outdoors. .
Old 06-28-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMOKE View Post
The first few weeks of flower the flower sites continue to grow and develop but by week 3 or 4 into flower you should start seeing the flower clusters start to bulk up.

Thanks for sharing!

The smell however is getting more intense. And the preflowers are now reaching the bottom of the plant.

I guess this is when patience starts to pay off!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
OK, so you are outdoors? If so you likely won't get real flower formation during the "high days of summer". in a few weeks the days will start to get shorter and that is what signals the plant to start flowering. Preflowers only mean it's "ready" to flower, not that it is flowering. Your latitude is going to play a large role outdoors. .

Actually I grow outdoor during the day and move them indoor during the nights, to avoid rainfall, cold, and pest. The temperature in my basement is at a steady 21C so I guess this is helping her. I switched to 12/12 light cycle about 1 week ago by bringing them outside from 6h00am until 18h00pm.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkadm30 View Post
Actually I grow outdoor during the day and move them indoor during the nights, to avoid rainfall, cold, and pest. The temperature in my basement is at a steady 21C so I guess this is helping her. I switched to 12/12 light cycle about 1 week ago by bringing them outside from 6h00am until 18h00pm.
haha, you have your work cut out for you. There are a few things to bare in mind with your scheme. It IS very possible (I've done the same thing) but is soooo much easier to leave the light schedule to either a timer or the sun. Invaraibly things arose that interfered with the light cycle IME. I ultimately decided on an outdoor grow back then. Also, pests can be a hard thing to figure out if you end up bringing them inside. It CAN lead to a resevoir of pests inside. Outside is IME much kinder about bugs, but not as kind with mamalian pests.

anyway, I'm sure you'll figure out what's best for you in short order.

I've not grown m39, and Kush can mean anything these days. Best of luck.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:29 PM

Only 3 weeks to go! The preflowers have evolved into mature bud sites and the smell is also getting more intense. I'm now looking at the trichromes to change color and I should be happy.

Cheers

tkadm30
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM

best wishes. I did it your way for close to ten years. Forced flowering outdoors. I used to do 10-15 plants per run. Only 2 runs per year. Any pics?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erb View Post
best wishes. I did it your way for close to ten years. Forced flowering outdoors. I used to do 10-15 plants per run. Only 2 runs per year. Any pics?
Thanks Erb for the kind words. I'll try to send pics of my plant before I chop it down.

Peace

tkadm30
Old 07-21-2017, 12:31 PM

I used a shed every day at 7 a.m. I took em out every day at 7 p.m.they went back in. Lots of work but well worth the efforts. Key getting lightweight soil lol.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erb View Post
I used a shed every day at 7 a.m. I took em out every day at 7 p.m.they went back in. Lots of work but well worth the efforts. Key getting lightweight soil lol.
I have noticed that since flowering has started, the plant drinks a lot more water. I now water her at every 2 days.