Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogie View Post
Did you let your fert. sit or compost for at least a year? Did you harden off your plants or put them out without hardening first?
No. I bought commercial-grade sheep manure named "Miracle Mix", which I mixed with standard gardening soil. As for hardening, im progressively putting the seedling into outdoor environment whenever possible, by moving the pot around, and letting her indoor during the nights. My biggest problem right now is high wind.

Peace

tkadm30
Old 05-19-2017, 08:47 PM

Here in southern OR it is too early to put kids out (getting close). Mine go outside during the day and night time they are under there lights giving them their required dose to stay in veg. Use chicken poop that has set for a year, some ground up egg shells and used coffee grounds mixed into reg. planting mix (it's the same mix a commercial grower uses). Will transplant the babies into 40 gallon containers in about a week. This year's crop includes Odyssey, Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, Clown Royal and Purple Nurse.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Here in southern OR it is too early to put kids out (getting close). Mine go outside during the day and night time they are under there lights giving them their required dose to stay in veg. Use chicken poop that has set for a year, some ground up egg shells and used coffee grounds mixed into reg. planting mix (it's the same mix a commercial grower uses). Will transplant the babies into 40 gallon containers in about a week. This year's crop includes Odyssey, Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, Clown Royal and Purple Nurse.
At what temperature do you put your babies out? I've learned that 50F is fine for hardening purpose... I'd also recommend you give them some dark periods to stimulate root growth.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:06 PM

I start putting them out for only about an hour when it is around 50-60 degrees. Slowly increase the time by about 15 minutes a day. They of course get dark time (at least 6 hours a day). Right now the girls are all outside and stay out from about 8 am - 8 pm. Have transplanted them all at least once so far. Going to put them outside on a permanent basis in about a week. That is when they will get they their final transplant into 40 gallon containers. But it is still getting chilly here at night. So that is when the girls curl up inside.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I start putting them out for only about an hour when it is around 50-60 degrees. Slowly increase the time by about 15 minutes a day. They of course get dark time (at least 6 hours a day). Right now the girls are all outside and stay out from about 8 am - 8 pm. Have transplanted them all at least once so far. Going to put them outside on a permanent basis in about a week. That is when they will get they their final transplant into 40 gallon containers. But it is still getting chilly here at night. So that is when the girls curl up inside.
Did you start from seeds?

How do you deal with the wind?

Last edited by tkadm30; 05-21-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:02 PM

Yes they were started from seed. No need to worry about wind. We have a natural wind break in between our house and the privacy fence. Plus a 6 ft. chain link fence on top of that to keep people out. A little breeze or light wind is good for them. Found it helps sturdy stem growth. Also have a cover or over hang so the girls don't get soaked from an unexpected rain storm. Keeps the rain off but lets the light through. Also keeps airplanes that are flying low from spotting our girls (we are in the flight path of our local airport). So there are helicopters as well as low flying airplanes.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yes they were started from seed. No need to worry about wind. We have a natural wind break in between our house and the privacy fence. Plus a 6 ft. chain link fence on top of that to keep people out. A little breeze or light wind is good for them. Found it helps sturdy stem growth. Also have a cover or over hang so the girls don't get soaked from an unexpected rain storm. Keeps the rain off but lets the light through. Also keeps airplanes that are flying low from spotting our girls (we are in the flight path of our local airport). So there are helicopters as well as low flying airplanes.
I wish you good luck with your grow my friend!

tkadm30
Old 05-23-2017, 12:22 AM

Thanks and you too!