Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 03:24 PM

Pretty general question braddah. Potent how? Indica or sat? Body or head- euphoria or couch lock? Medical need or rec? Grow time, grow zone? Resources available? Lots of question I have...

Aloha
M
Old 05-04-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day BS

Hmmmm ,
That generalisation about who was growing what .

Hippies were doing the trail from EU to India since the 60s . Not one of those travelers brought back a seed ?

Your nemesis Sam S was in Afghanistan in 71 .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Ya, and I was on the planet Mars in '71 too. I can refute about 99% of what El Narco Watson claims about NorCal from '66 on. Plain and simple, he is full of DEA cover story shit. But believe what you will. *My* experience as a hippie on the west coast (pony tail, motorcycle and all) is that *I* never saw weed crossed with indica until the late 1970s at the very earliest. The indica that I saw being brought back from central Asia and North Africa in the later 60s and 70s was in the form of hashish, and not seeded weed. The hashish did not have any seeds. The sativas from around the globe had seeds and was sold as bag weed. Sativas dominated the market then. They also dominated the early California grows. That is what I saw living there anyway. The Hippie Trail was one thing, but Big Sur was the holy Mecca of hippies in the 60s. Certainly someone brought in indica seeds at some point. But also into the mid 1970s most people in California did not know how to grow good weed. Good weed, not just any weed.

By they way, the notion of what was called Big Sur Holy Weed being an indica cross is pure fantasy. Or later attempts by seed sellers to rip people off thinking that their indica crosses are somehow related to BSHW. The Big Sewer Holee seeds that I have are tiny tiny purple sativa seeds, resulting in true to form giant late blooming purple sativa plants. I got these seeds in Big Sur in a bag of weed. It was not called Holy Weed. That was too passe' a name by then. It was called Big Sur Purple bud. Actually I only heard of Big Sur weed being called BSHW around 1970 to 1972 and the name went extinct until more recently. I knew one breeder in Pacific Valley that started crossing African indica strains in '79, and that was as early as I saw anyone doing that. I had supplied land race seeds (sativas) to several growers in Carmel Valley and Big Sur in the late 1970s and the weed I got from them as a 'thank you' absolutely knocked people on their asses on Telegraph Ave and stoned out of their minds on Asilomar Beach and in Santa Cruz. Including complete stoners like CrazyHorse, Niel Young's band at that time. But that is another story...

Last edited by Big Sur; 05-05-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogie View Post
Looking for a very potent outdoor stain. Any suggestions? Ones that can be purchased and not just folklore or myth.
Yawn. What part of the question about "potent strain that can be purchased that is not folklore" is misunderstood?

Aloha
M
Old 05-27-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Pretty general question braddah. Potent how? Indica or sat? Body or head- euphoria or couch lock? Medical need or rec? Grow time, grow zone? Resources available? Lots of question I have...

Aloha
M
Knock my socks off potent. Don't care about the type of high or if it's med or rec. Grow time and other stuff not important. Looking at Chocolate Mint and Honey OG. Anyone have any experience with those? I can deal with divas (the plants that is). Special growing tips welcome (like doesn't like wet feet, nute at 1/2 strength, needs support for long branching, etc.)

Old 05-28-2017, 12:30 AM

Sorry to be more clear that is Chocolate Mint OG and Honey OG (two different strains). I realize I could have been clearer. I must have had a brain fart!

Old 05-28-2017, 11:57 PM

Hey Big Sur, I want to let you know that I've really enjoyed the content you've posted in this thread, and in others. Looks like we're about the same age, but grew up on different coasts. You enjoyed a much more robust weed scene in your youth than I did. Great to hear some background on Big Sur Holy Weed.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:37 PM

as a sativa fan and freak, i cant add much more useful info in here, other than the strain SAGE from thseeds (supposed to contain BSHW) , is special in the means that its different than other sativas, mostly haze versions, in and around europe / africa

its quality has a reasonable legitimacy, and is one of the strains i would grow over and over without a second thought, it is good, even that good, that the sour in sage n sour, is dragging down the quality of the cross to a "felt" skunk level, even their mother cut cant reach up into that league , and by league im talking C5 or A5 as a reference ... yep, that good it is

where is Joe, when you need him?
Old 05-30-2017, 12:22 AM

We are limited by law to 4 plants and we grow only once in year so we have to make those count. Can't sample many strains that is why I was asking if anyone had any info on the Chocolate Mint OG or the Honey OG. That is also why I asked about killer strains. We don't have much money and want to make a seed purchase count because it will have to last me for several years. Hence the reason for a killer strain recommendation. This has to be a one strain does it all type of smoke. I know that is asking a lot but I have saved for nearly 3 years for this seed purchase and don't want to regret my final selection.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:37 AM

Mogie..mmmm....so many choices and so many variables.... Put simply you know what you like and what your season is like...it is a question best answered by yourself after some sampling and reading. Back yourself bro.

Big sur...Id like to thank you for your input again...always so educational and enjoyable to read. Respect
Old 05-30-2017, 02:42 PM

You seem to be interested in OG- can I assume more interested in Indie varieties? Is your past experience limited to clones and fem seeds? Seeds got from MRN will require selection on your part. If you're willing to take the time in this process you will be rewarded with the "killer" you are looking for. Limited funds? Pick an affordable hybrid. Pushed to the wall, I would recommend you start with MasterKaze. Excellent selection of Indica plants with some haze plants too! Ortega and Nl5/Afghan are also solid Indie choices. If you take the time with any of these varieties, you will find what you are looking for.

Cool runnin
M