Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocrite View Post
and? those are the DP and Sagarmartha.. where he took his stock that HE had bred from P1 stock to F3... are you trying to say that Henk and Tony are responsible? they just basically took his stock and gave him little input.. they didn't breed anything, they took his seedline and chose the parents for their release!!! and stopped paying him etc etc... you have stooped to a new low now StressE... its like saying dinafem bred Critical mass because they selected a female to be selfed. Stupidity at its best!
very well said
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocrite View Post
and? those are the DP and Sagarmartha.. where he took his stock that HE had bred from P1 stock to F3... are you trying to say that Henk and Tony are responsible? they just basically took his stock and gave him little input.. they didn't breed anything, they took his seedline and chose the parents for their release!!! and stopped paying him etc etc... you have stooped to a new low now StressE... its like saying dinafem bred Critical mass because they selected a female to be selfed. Stupidity at its best!

Heres the full bit on his work in europe and not a cherry picked section, note he was workiong things in the 70's...
i agree with sookie , well said

i didnt quite finish reading the copy n paste you provided because IMO and in all honesty i believe a portion of the story to be a lie

REASON : Blueberry was comercially available in the late 70's , not just a bit here and a bit there while someone was experimenting with even numbers of 1000 plants , it was around and lots of it , that was in Calgary Alberta Canada , so with that being said i am sure B.C and Cali had even more of it

this is from memory/experience and NOT hearsay or some fabricated story for hightimes then later the internet

peace
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
JessE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all,
The similarities between Sam the Skunkman's plight in Holland and DJ Shorts own is something that has not been lost on me in the past. Mainly you're dealing with two unknown individuals who show up in Holland at different points in time, both bringing strains they lay claim to from the United States though the only source for these stories are the men themselves. So you ultimately have to rely on their word alone when accepting the validity of their statements, and as has already been previously demonstrated not everything is as simple as it initially seems.

I believe Nevil related a story about the origins of Skunk #1 as told to him by Sam originally as having come from the work of others, who bred the strain a few generations and Sam managed to acquire it. Quite a drastic different version of events from Sams story of how be bred the strain himself from thousands specimens under brutal selection standards.

In the cannabis industry, good stories help move products just as quickly as the quality of the smoke itself.

Below is some more interesting information on Blueberry as told by Nevil, the father of modern Dutch cannabis seed banks and someone who is responsible for a bulk of the cannabis varieties available today.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevil

Just a thought on blueberry. When it first came out in the '90s, someone gave me some.
I smoked it and got a mental printout of the pedigree. BBxSK1 X NL5xSK1.


I gave Soma BBSK1 cuttings. They would on occasion produce branches where the leaves would show a deformity, one side of the vein would not form properly. I told him to avoid using branches like this for cuttings, but he liked it and selected for it (???).

N.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-sh...html#post61036
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:03 PM
hypocrite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
Hi all,
The similarities between Sam the Skunkman's plight in Holland and DJ Shorts own is something that has not been lost on me in the past. Mainly you're dealing with two unknown individuals who show up in Holland at different points in time, both bringing strains they lay claim to from the United States though the only source for these stories are the men themselves. So you ultimately have to rely on their word alone when accepting the validity of their statements, and as has already been previously demonstrated not everything is as simple as it initially seems.

I believe Nevil related a story about the origins of Skunk #1 as told to him by Sam originally as having come from the work of others, who bred the strain a few generations and Sam managed to acquire it. Quite a drastic different version of events from Sams story of how be bred the strain himself from thousands specimens under brutal selection standards.

In the cannabis industry, good stories help move products just as quickly as the quality of the smoke itself.

Below is some more interesting information on Blueberry as told by Nevil, the father of modern Dutch cannabis seed banks and someone who is responsible for a bulk of the cannabis varieties available today.



http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-sh...html#post61036
Well by your theory since Nev was passed or acquired strains from others he didn't breed anything either , I have no doubt blueberry tasting strains were about and that you can get flavours via variousmeans.. but the strains belong to them.. they alone have put years into it, no one else.

@ Bob so who was putting out the commercial type blueberry? its easy to get a random plant that tastes like blueberry etc different to get it in a strain/variety/whatever the hell you want it called.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocrite View Post
Well by your theory since Nev was passed or acquired strains from others he didn't breed anything either , I have no doubt blueberry tasting strains were about and that you can get flavours via variousmeans.. but the strains belong to them.. they alone have put years into it, no one else.

@ Bob so who was putting out the commercial type blueberry? its easy to get a random plant that tastes like blueberry etc different to get it in a strain/variety/whatever the hell you want it called.
hell if i know , i was young and buying from multiple dealers/middlemen and stealing from my dad lol

all i can say is that for quite some time we had so much of it we were begging for something new , and it was "named" blueberry , not refered to as a blueberry smelling/tasting plant ect , but actually strain named blueberry

most likely from the bikers as was most stuff , we had the kings crew , the grim reapers and a few smaller clubs local and growing/supplying , the kings crew is still around but part of the hostile H.A takeover
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM
hypocrite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
hell if i know , i was young and buying from multiple dealers/middlemen and stealing from my dad lol

all i can say is that for quite some time we had so much of it we were begging for something new , and it was "named" blueberry , not refered to as a blueberry smelling/tasting plant ect , but actually strain named blueberry

most likely from the bikers as was most stuff , we had the kings crew , the grim reapers and a few smaller clubs local and growing/supplying , the kings crew is still around but part of the hostile H.A takeover
Maybe someone knew dJ? I would of thought it would be out there by now if it were different... personally I attribute most the taste etc to this here thing OPT..

Last edited by hypocrite; 04-06-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocrite View Post
Maybe someone knew dJ? I would of thought it would be out there by now if it were different... personally I attribute most the taste etc to this here thing OPT..
modern blueberry if you wanna call it that doesnt realy seem different , maybe a touch due to the years , but if you were to ask myself , or my dad , or anyone who was smoking it back then they would say its the same , i couldnt tell you what id attribute any of it to , just that its older then most have been told , read , or believe

peace
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:28 PM
coop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the best work done on the blueberry was the f4 selections in Switzerland then used in hybrids.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Namaskar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: incense land of dreams
Posts: 285
Default

DJ's time in Switzerland was another discovery for him of a strain which he had not seen before and that was Purpurea ticinensis, long time available at Owl's productions.

Some pics of a good friend of mine









Namaste
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

lol i just did a quick google search ,,,,

first page second link ,,, Blueberry BC Marijuana Seeds

Blueberry is a mostly Indica strain, that dates back to the late 1970ís. Blueberry grows medium height and produces a good yield under optimum conditions. The finished product has a very sweet aroma and taste of blueberry. The smoke is pleasant and the high long-lasting. Won first place in High Times Cannabis Cup.

i guess thats not calling it comercial , but who knows , like you said , maybe someone knew DJ ?

what i know is that it was being pumped out regularily back then , DJ's involvement or not , maybe it was these ppl producing it who introduced DJ to it ? maybe they werent into selling strains but only selling the strains finished product

peace
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL