Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 02:38 AM

Default mother plant from fem seed?

greets to u all! i am thinking to grow a mother plant for clones from the feminized seeds.. any one try it? i heard that is not good to clone from fem seeds plants..if any one try it please share ur experience!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
greets to u all! i am thinking to grow a mother plant for clones from the feminized seeds.. any one try it? i heard that is not good to clone from fem seeds plants..if any one try it please share ur experience!
You can clone any plant you want. Being a fem makes zero difference.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:52 AM

thank you wery much! thats i want to hear!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:56 AM

Only auto fems can't be kept as mothers. Some say you are more likely to get hermies from fems I haven't grown enough fems to make that claim though. Regular or fem as long as she don't throw any nanners and is amazing quality she is mother material. I would not breed with a fem mother though it's been done some successful some always throw nanners like GSC and many other clone only lines which come from fems of fems bagseed whatever. Still many solid clone only's though probably mostly from good breeding practices.

But nothing is set in stone we are still learning about the breeding of cannabis. Even the whole terpines for different highs is very debatable it's likely that sativa just has different cannabinoids and levels than indica's, hybrids. Still so much we haven't learned I still love my terpines though who doesn't like a few mothers of amazing tasting terpine profiles?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberg71 View Post
You can clone any plant you want. Being a fem makes zero difference.
That is not correct at all.

Yes you can most definitely use a feminized seedplant as a mother. And it will clone etc. just as normal.

BUT

It will carry the hermy genetics with it and therefore all clones will too.

I am not sure if clones of fem moms have a higher tendency to hermy or anything but they are hermies and you need to be aware of that.

So if you were using a feminized seedplant as a mother to take clones, beware that it could hermy at any time during the grow and pollinate your other plants. The seeds created in this manner would be hermy prone as well.

But as long as you are aware of this potential downside and do not mind it, nothing keeps you from turning a feminized seedplant into a mother.

Only autos cannot be kept in this manner, like bluntmassa mentioned, as they start flowering after a certain period of time, no matter what.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:24 AM

I have a femmed Amnesia mother that has been with me for 5 years now and she has been as solid as a rock. Some of the crops from this mother have been stressed but I have never found a single seed in the crop.

norty
Old 03-03-2017, 02:51 PM

any1 recommend a haze strain to grow on nft?
Old 03-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
That is not correct at all.

Yes you can most definitely use a feminized seedplant as a mother. And it will clone etc. just as normal.

BUT

I am not sure if clones of fem moms have a higher tendency to hermy or anything but they are hermies and you need to be aware of that.

So if you were using a feminized seedplant as a mother to take clones, beware that it could hermy at any time during the grow and pollinate your other plants. The seeds created in this manner would be hermy prone as well.

But as long as you are aware of this potential downside and do not mind it, nothing keeps you from turning a feminized seedplant into a mother.

Only autos cannot be kept in this manner, like bluntmassa mentioned, as they start flowering after a certain period of time, no matter what.
G `day B

Not 100% correct .
Using silver on a female does not make it an hermaphrodite . The plant`s sex is determined before the reversal . The hormones are blocked via chemical reaction.Allowing the plant to express male flowers . The genes and DNA of the plant are not changed . Stop the silver and the plant can reveg as normal . Spray on only one branch ; only that branch reverses . Partial herm ? lol .

If the plant is a solid female it will make solid female seeds . If it is a herm it can breed herm seeds . But not always .
If the female has been stress tested and doesn`t herm . Then the chances of it throwing herms are minimal .
This is the step that most folks skip .

Years ago Soma came up with his root pruning and lengthening of flower time rhodenisation tech to find herms and make fem seeds . That was a crock of shit that spread herms and gave fem seeds a bad reputation . If the plant throws balls , its not a candidate for breeding .

Tested selected females reversed with either colloidal silver or silver thiosulphate STS produce good seeds . I have grown several crops of fems no herms . Alongside regular M/ F that did herm ?

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 03-03-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post

maybe, maybe not. I've seen Feminized plants be stable mothers for a LONG time. IF the initial plant isn't hermie prone, the clones won't be either. I do BELIEVE that feminized plants TEND to throw more nanners and are full-fledged intersexed plants. I also wouldn't want to use them for breeding, but not because of SURE intersexed characteristics.

This is a highly debated subject....though I tend to believe the practice of feminizing is common because it saves time and effort, I PERSONALLY don't want to be troubled by POSSIBLE troubles down the road.

Brosidon I am sorry I picked your quote, but this IS NOT a cut and dried matter with all Fems IME.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:15 PM

That's fine, maybe I didn't express myself clearly.

I am not saying all clones from fem-plants will hermy.

I am just saying that they carry those genetics with them and have the potential to herm. This can mean that for 5 years and more you will never see a single hermy or that every single one of them herms.
Can also mean that you don't see any hermies for years but when you use it in a cross the hermy tendencies will show up etc. etc.

It's inconclusive of course but nevertheless, just be aware that it does carry hermy genetics with itself.

Or I missunderstand something here. I am aware that the common method of feminizing is the use of colloidal silver but it was my understanding that through that process, the genetics of the plant are altered permanently.

I am not aware that a feminized plant could be "returned" to the original status quo without leaving the hermy tendency as part of its genetic makeup.

That would be news to me but I never claimed to know everything